+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley's Big Life (A&E)

Re: Kirstie Alley Reality Show Coming In 2010

So is the Scientology acknowledged or hidden on this show? Which route did they go?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3746741;
    Imagine how hard it must be for Kirstie Alley to do a show like this. I hope it is a raging success- the woman has a lot of heart! We know she can act. We know she'll put herself out there, come what may. You go girl!
    Why is it such a hard thing to just lose and gain weight at will? Has it ever been thought that she does this for attention? Why is it something special in this country when someone can get morbidly obese, lose the weight in one of the most unsafe ways possible and then put it all back on to get back in the spotlight? What kind of example does this set for people?

And honestly, she can act?!? What has she been in other then those talking children movies?

She was on Cheers!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;3863303;
    And honestly, she can act?!? What has she been in other then those talking children movies?
    Are you serious? She's been acting since at least the early 80s and has been a huge star, in tons and tons of roles.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3863223;
    So is the Scientology acknowledged or hidden on this show? Which route did they go?
    I've only seen the first episode, but I don't recall it was even mentioned.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3863529;
    Are you serious? She's been acting since at least the early 80s and has been a huge star, in tons and tons of roles.
    David Spade and Rob Schneider have been acting since the early 90s and been in tons and tons of movies. That doesnt exactly make one a huge star.
    I honestly was asking. The only movie I can ever remember her being in were the talking baby ones. I also know she was on Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;3863303;
    Why is it such a hard thing to just lose and gain weight at will? Has it ever been thought that she does this for attention? Why is it something special in this country when someone can get morbidly obese, lose the weight in one of the most unsafe ways possible and then put it all back on to get back in the spotlight? What kind of example does this set for people?

Seriously yo-yo weight is the worst. Gaining the weight back is shockingly easy to do and is hell on ones self-esteem. Then add in the judgemental unhelpful comments that everyone feels they must make about your personal appearence just piles more onto the self-loathing. Our society has so jacked up about weight and it doesn't help a situation like Kirstie's where she feels like she HAS to be a certain weight.

I fairly certain she didn't regain the weight in order to have a reality show.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

She was in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, as Lt. Saavik, she played Gloria Steinem in "A Bunny's Tale," she had her own TV show, "Veroncia's Closet," to name a few. She was also in The North and the South.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yes, she's been a consistently working actress since 1982. Here's a link to her IMDB profile:Kirstie Alley

It's got to be very difficult to have cameras watching constantly as someone's weight is yoyoing. Hollywood is so unforgiving when it comes to weight: I give her a lot of credit for taking this issue public. Kirstie actually has some intelligent and entertaining things to say compared with many others on reality shows.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3863614;
    Seriously yo-yo weight is the worst. Gaining the weight back is shockingly easy to do and is hell on ones self-esteem. Then add in the judgemental unhelpful comments that everyone feels they must make about your personal appearence just piles more onto the self-loathing. Our society has so jacked up about weight and it doesn't help a situation like Kirstie's where she feels like she HAS to be a certain weight.

I fairly certain she didn't regain the weight in order to have a reality show.
    People are only judgmental about it because she puts herself in the spotlight. There have been plenty of people to yo yo weight and it really goes unnoticed. I really dont think that many people would have cared about Kirstie Alleys weight if she didnt put herself in the position for people to care. When you become the face of a weight loss program, lose weight rapidly and then when you become a house again you go on oprah to cry about it, youre bringing it upon yourself. It just seems like the last 10 years of her life has been about how fat or skinny she is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast