+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Fit Club 7

Re: Celebrity Fit Club 7

March 15, 2010 - 5th week of Boot Camp - 6ht weight in - 37 days

The previous week Jay MacCarroll did mention that the participants are at Boot Camp for 42 hours. Sine the participants do ask how their weekends were the filming is shot during the week.

I think it is pretty obvious who is embracing the program and who is there simply for a paycheck. From Day 1 Jay MacCarroll embraced this program and is seeing huge results, 27lbs lost in 6 weeks.

At first Kervin Federline, Shar Jackson, Kaycee Stroh and Sebastian Bach did not do so well the first, second and third weeks but have embraced the program and are doing well. At this point in the show I am pretty sure Jay and Kevin will meet and perhaps surpass their original weight goals to lose. Shar Jackson will be close to meeting her goal and Kaycee and Sebastian will be close depending how hard they will commit in the next 3 weeks.

I think it is pretty obvious that Bobby Brown, Nicole Eggert and Tanisha Thompson, are only committed to drinking, excuses and a paycheck and blaming everyone but themselves.

It is kinda cool to see an emotional transformation happening to both Kevin and Shar.

Congrats to Jay for finally getting the lead for individual winner from Kevin.

I am amazed that at this point the teams are only 0.7 points apart. The Red Team has a Fit Factor of 83.0 and the Blue Team has a Fit Factor of 83.7.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I'm getting annoyed with Sebastian. I don't like that he makes fun of Tanisha for being overweight. He is overweight too! I just think that is mean-spirited and counter productive. I do think he is right to be concerned and even upset with her progress but he only lost one pound this week so he better worry about his own progress first!

Nicole is also on my nerves. I really don't like her. She didn't need to lose weight in the first place and she obviously doesn't want to do the work.

I miss the old version of the show. These celebs don't seem to be losing a lot of weight now because I guess they have less time.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I want to be tough on Tanisha but I have seen photos of her after the show and she lost a ton of weight. I guess she changed things around.

ITA, RealityLovesMe.

Sebastian is mean-spirited in my opinion. I thought about it, trying to figure him out, and I was going to give him benefit of the doubt as one of those people who lacks an edit button. But, that still wouldn't explain that infamous t shirt he wore back in the day. I can't repeat it here but it was one of the worst homophobic 'slogans' I've ever heard.

I don't like Nicole either - if she wants to be lazy, fine, that's one thing. The reason I dislike her is because of her undermining nature. Jay is trying his hardest to rally his team and motivate her and Bobby, and confront them about their possible addictions. What does Nicole do - ignoring Jay would be bad enough (which she does also) but she goes that step further and tries to undermine his confidence, efforts and leadership itself. Worse, to turn Bobby and others against him if she could. There's one like her in every workplace and they usually get away with it, too.

I like Tanisha but she is seriously lazy on this show. I'm not really sure why - she stands to win that prize money if she can stop partying. Maybe addiction is an issue for her also? I never drank or associated drinking with fun so it's hard for me to relate.

I agree too about Sebastian with Tanisha - it was ironic when he too only lost one pound. But it would never, ever occur to him that put him at the same level of performance as Tanisha or make him rethink his caustic remarks about her. His real problem might be, let's say kindly, a certain lack of self awareness.

Sebastian is not the only one making comments about Tanisha. Just watching her flay around doing the parachute pull, which was funny and then the complete collapse. Even Jay is saying it's the Tanisha show, "is it Tanisha or is it Memorex". Seriously that man can sling a phrase. All the participants are ignoring her as she is a major drama queen and they see through her. I don't think Sebastian is being mean, he is calling a spade a spade. Through his career he must have seen a lot of fakers, scam artists etc... and he is just calling Tanisha on it. Nicole, Bobby, and Tanisha all have been talking the talk and not walking the walk. I applaud him for telling it like it is. You can tell he is also frustrated because he feels she is letting the team down.

Wasn't referring to her drama or attempted scene stealing, though, but Sebastian's comments about Tanisha's weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3855607;
    Wasn't referring to her drama or attempted scene stealing, though, but Sebastian's comments about Tanisha's weight.
    Well, yes he is making nasty comments about her weight because she not doing anything to lose it. If Tanisha was making an honest effort with her diet, her trianing and during the challenges I don't think Sebastian would be making those comments. He is making those comments because he does not see her trying and it hurts their team. If Tanisha or Sebastian were on separate teams I don't think there would be comments about Tanisha.

I don't know, Bearcata. Making fun of the way she looks or laughing at his own surprise that the wind could move her doesn't seem to do with criticising her lack of commitment. It could be that Sebastian's just kind of a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3855967;
    I don't know, Bearcata. Making fun of the way she looks or laughing at his own surprise that the wind could move her doesn't seem to do with criticising her lack of commitment. It could be that Sebastian's just kind of a jackass.
    Well, it is VH1. I guess that says it all.

re Sebastian and Tanisha: Just goes to show people can view the exact same thing and not agree on it. The tension between Tanisha and Sebastian traces back to their dispute over her standing him up on a hike so she could go hang out with `visiting family.' Before that, there wasn't any tension at all. Her behavior on the show is infuriating-she is loud, abrasive, overly dramatic and just plain lazy. Every week, when she steps on that scale she has an excuse. Knocking back drinks in a bar is not part of the program. Nor is blowing off a hike with a team mate. Harvey has certainly been less than kind in his remarks about her and her attitude, in fact, when he's mad he can be rerally insulting regarding someones physical appearence.
    As for Sebastian and his the t-shirt, that was horrible, but that was also twenty plus years ago and I believe we are all capable of changing for the better as we mature, even when, in our youth, we make increrdibly ignorant decisions. We don't know how he feels now, but w/o knowing that, I don't think it's fair to hold a transgression over someone's head for the rest of their lives, especially if they have changed for the better, which for all we know, he has. I also took his rermarks about Tanisha to be more general as in she's just another fat person on the show (like himself) and it's just funny watching each other do some really odd challenges when you are so out of shape. He's made fun of himself, as well. He's acted like an idiot, too, I agree -but for me that idiocy has to do with the way he treated the cameramen and not Tanisha.
    But regardless, Jay is my hero and inspiration-he absolutely is amazing and so much nicer and more mature than he was on Project Runway. He's funny without being caustic and he's quite eloquent and touchuing when talking about his life. A great leader whose total dedication to this program is angering the lazier folks.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-17-2010 at 05:49 PM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Of course, it's like the ten blind men feeling an elephant. Each person has a different take on it depending on their vantage point

If I knew Sebastian personally and said these things to him in person it would be holding it over his head. As it stands though, it's just part of a puzzle in trying to understand what I'm seeing of him on this silly reality show. It isn't just the "t shirt" fwiw; it's what he said afterward and how he handled the whole thing. No matter when it was, it's something most people would not think let alone do. He's never claimed to be a rocket scientist, but I also think too much can be made of poking fun at him just as too much can be made of his poking fun at others.

+ Reply to Thread