+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Celebrity Fit Club 7

Re: Celebrity Fit Club 7

Hehe. It probably is.

He looks like Thor when he's running up a hill!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3865843;
    I wondered about 'muscle weight' when Sebastian didn't lose much. I'd think they'd have a way to 'fit factor' that in.

It all seems to be about the scale.
    Unlike Biggest Loser where it is all based on the scale, you can tell that the staff on Celebrity Fit Club is measuring BMI (body mass index) and showing the results on the fact sheets that they show after each weight in.

I personally prefer to have my BMI done by electrical impedence. I have a great wellness program at work. Twice a year we can have our BMI done. We are encouraged to be very well hydrated preferably over several days. But the techs put on those patches, I think one on the upper body and one on your foot and pass an electrical current through your body. It is painless. The machine calculates how much fat, water and muscle you have. Electricity travels at different rates through those substances. You get a little printout that tells you how much water weight, muscle weight and fat weight you have and what your BMI is. This method is much more accurate than those BMI charts which just mimic the old insurance height weight charts.

Overall Jay has more body fat and less muscle then Kevin, that is one of the reason's why although Jay has lost more weight measured by the scale the components of that weight loss not the same proportion as that of Kevin's weight loss.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3865971;
    Hehe. It probably is.

He looks like Thor when he's running up a hill!
    Sebastian is a prime example of a guy who doesn't look that badly out of shape, but is probably skinny fat. Not that much muscle but carrying around alot more body fat than you would think.

Gunnar Nelson, who was on season 3 of CFC is a prime example. He looked find and you wondered why he was on the show. Yet he dropped 23lbs and put on muscle and went from ok to OK. I would have liked to have seen Sebastian do that.

Now that I think about it Ted Lange from season 4 was great example of someone who isn't that overweight, dropping 28lbs, working out and getting amazing results.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-30-2010 at 10:53 AM.

The finale is April 5, 2010 and will be 90 minutes long.

I'm really pleased with the results of the finale! The people who put the work in, all received rewards - except for Shar. I'm glad Jay's hard work paid off. I'm just dying to know if he really did the colonic! LOL

April 5, 2010 - season finale - 90 minutes

Yeah, The Blue Team won the last challenge, which was a redo of the Obstacle Course done in the first episode. While the Red Team did beat the Blue Team. The object of the challenge was to see who was the most improved. Overall the Blue Team was the most improved. Tanisha and Shar did sit out the challenge. Tanisha due to her knee injury she got last week and Shar who had still had her her arm in a sling from dislocating it during Boot Camp.

I think the best part of the finale was seeing Kevin finally give Shar the apology she needed and deserved to have some closure about their relationship.

As for the weight in, there were a lot of high and low moments but Bobby Brown needs to stop having Diva Moments and accept what he has and has not done.

I am so glad that Jay won the individual prize. But it was funny to see the Blue Team win the overall team prize because all of the team embraced the eating plan. I do wonder if Nicole and Bobby realize that because they are so in denial about the eating/food plan that that was the reason the Red Team did not win? Even with the Red Team winning 25 Fit Factor Points during the challenges, the Blue Team managed to win 20 Fit Factor Points. But what was the determining factor was the weight loss portion of the program.

Red Team:
    41.0% total body weight + 55.5% total body fat = 96.5 + 25 FFP = 121.5

Blue Team:
    45.8% total body weight + 71.6% total body fat = 117.4 + 20 FFP = 137.4

FFP = fit factor points earned by winning a challenge.

I was also very happy with the results-Jay won the individual prize and the blue team won the team prize. Wish Shar could have gotten something, but perhaps the closeure she got from doing this show with Kevin was the best prize she could have gotten.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Well, Tanisha has been interviewed and she has gained most of her weight back. That I kinda expected. Rumor has it that Kevin has also gained a few pounds back and that he is in talks to do a reality show about getting himself back in shape. To be honest I expect to see Bobby Brown and Nicole Egbert to regain all the weight they lost. I have really high expectations for Jay to maintain and continue his weight loss. I think he is highly motivated and is doing this at the right time in his life. Shar and Kaycee I hope can maintain. It is a matter of lifestyle and if the person can make the changes and stick to them. Good Luck to all.

I do hope that the next show and I hope there is a next show (I wonder if the producers will try to get a couple of people with past relationships on and make it a weight loss and tough love season?) that the producers will put it back to a 12 week period. It would have been interesting to see this group keep to the program for one more month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213