+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ~ Million Dollar Listing ~ Season 3 ~ 10/12/2009

FORT Regular

Re: ~ Million Dollar Listing ~ Season 3 ~ 10/12/2009

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3756102;
    I absolutely LOVE Josh's grandmother. What a powerful backstory she has. I wish Josh would hire a real author to pen her memoir instead of trying to tackle it himself

Okay, is this proof enough that MDL is scripted?

In this last episode he informs his grandmother that he wants to start writing her autobiography, and she reacts as though its the first time she's heard the idea.

But if you go to Josh Flaggs website, you can see a link to where he is selling the book, (which is completed already) and the following ....

I started writing this book ten years ago, right around the time of my Bar Mitzvah. For years my grandmother and I traveled around the world together, and as we reached new destinations she revealed things to me about her very remarkable life.

PS - I love how Chad goes and gets a listing from a condo in Hollywood where a member of the sales team just happens to be a good friend of Madisons. OH THE DRAMA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3756036;
    I was very moved by Josh's saying Kaddish at the concentration camp memorial and his grandmother's wonderful outlook on life. It's too bad my mind was still reeling at the time from Bravo's misspelling of Amsterdam at the beginning of the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3756069;
    That's quality editing for you, huh? I totally agree, Josh's trip with his grandmother was very moving. I love the way she speaks so matter-of-factly, like her answer to Josh asking how it feels to be hungry. "Don't eat for 3 days and then you'll know."

But how about this highlight: we got to see Chad's eyebrows this episode! AND his actual entire forehead! $600 for that haircut?!

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3756102;
    I absolutely LOVE Josh's grandmother. What a powerful backstory she has. I wish Josh would hire a real author to pen her memoir instead of trying to tackle it himself.
    I also really enjoy Josh's grandmother!!
    She is one amazing lady!! Almost 90yo!!

So Chad's screaming in last week's preview was because Victoria gave him 1/2 ownership of Starla...OMG... He loves that dog more then Victoria. That cake was ugly. And again with Chad eating the icing on the cake and this time the dog...OMG... $600.00 for THAT haircut. YIKES!

I really like Madison. I am glad that deal worked out for him on the leasing of that home with the amazing view.

I wish Josh would actually hug that grandmother of his, instead of the semi-aloof, stand-back, almost afraid-to-touch stance. Just give that lady a hug, would ya Josh?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I totally agree about how staged this show is! I also agree that Josh's gram is awesome! 89 years old, full of wisdom & sharp as a tack. Love her!

I know a lot of people on here can't stand Josh -in fact, I couldn't stand him last season, but this season he's grown on me - but I do admire how close he is to her & he seems to genuinely care about her.

Chad..ugh! can't stand anything about this guy. His girlfriend looks/acts like she can barely stand to be around him, & I HATE the way he uses that dog. The poor thing always looks terrified & shaking.
    Last edited by holly71; 11-25-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think it's interesting how everybody knuckles under when Chad pulls out that dog. Being a cat person, I'd just look, say "How cute," and keep moving along. I, too, feel for the dog. The obvious attempt at manipulation is offensive.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I totaly agree, seeing a cute dog would definitely not have anything to do with signing a listing agreement.

I hope the bag he carries Starla in has some mesh to it or something, because have you noticed how long he leaves her in the bag before he pulls her out as a surprise? It looks like a solid black leather briefcase.

Yes, a lot of the series seems scripted, but I enjoy watching this series.
    Too bad that the last episode will be next Monday.
    I hope there will be a fourth season.
    I think that the producers ran Chad "under the bus" this season.
    Last season, he seemed to me to be more likable; this season, all his bad traits are emphacised - his vanity, one-sidedness, manipulaton tools, his "me" attitude - to the exclusion of his long-suffering gilfriend.
    And the fact that he seems to love the dog, Starla, much more than he loves his girlfriend.
    Josh seems nicer and more personable this season.
    Madison seems to me the same as last season, only now, he's decided to be openly gay.
    I think that one of the staged events are the meetings at open houses and restaurants where two or all three men coincidently show up.
    I think that the feud between Josh and Chad is made-up by the producers also.
    Again, I hope there will be a season four.
    Do you think there will be?
    Marti

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3760010;
    Yes, a lot of the series seems scripted, but I enjoy watching this series.
    Too bad that the last episode will be next Monday.
    I hope there will be a fourth season.
    I think that the producers ran Chad "under the bus" this season.
    Last season, he seemed to me to be more likable; this season, all his bad traits are emphacised - his vanity, one-sidedness, manipulaton tools, his "me" attitude - to the exclusion of his long-suffering gilfriend.
    And the fact that he seems to love the dog, Starla, much more than he loves his girlfriend.
    Josh seems nicer and more personable this season.
    Madison seems to me the same as last season, only now, he's decided to be openly gay.
    I think that one of the staged events are the meetings at open houses and restaurants where two or all three men coincidently show up.
    I think that the feud between Josh and Chad is made-up by the producers also.
    Again, I hope there will be a season four.
    Do you think there will be?
    Agreed about the "character manipulations". Although I can say that I thought Chad was a tool last year as well. This year he seems to play to the camera waaaayyyy too much.

Last year, Josh came off as an immature jerk. This year, I've actually been impressed slightly with his professionalism and how he handles things.

And I agree totally about the meetings always being set up, as I think I've noted several times throughout this thread. Basically, I think virtually every encounter between these three is manipulated, as well as the clients they are "fed", likely through the Bravo team themselves. Too many instances of one of them working with one of the others past clients, and the forced drama that follows. These guys are successful, but relatively lower-tier agents in that market, and they all focus on seperate areas. Its just too fishy how they are always crossing paths.

And it sucks too, because I think the premise for the show has a lot of potential, if they would just focus on highly motivated, professional agents working with the cast of character clients that you encounter in that price range -- instead of trying to force situations/drama out of three barely (if at all) likeable personalities.

But, then again.... they'd be hard pressed trying to get three legitimate, hard working agents to sign up for a reality program.

What was with that dude going off on Madison when after weeks/months and his 5 million dollar house is not selling. Come on, that guy and his wife look like jerks. Let's drink FIRST before we discuss lowering the price.

Chad just has to do something WITH THAT DOG. I am an animal lover BUT Chad is over the top IN LOVE with this little critter. And he has custom made clothes for the dog.

That Broker that was flirting with Josh and the dentist..... TOO MUCH. Reign it in, lady.

That whole "W" deal just seems so odd to me. I think the whole thing is scripted and that Anna is NOT even buying that condo. If she has all that money, she would be having her lawyer handle the whole deal. "Chad, I am starved, can we eat"...........
    KAREN

That whole "W" deal just seems so odd to me. I think the whole thing is scripted and that Anna is NOT even buying that condo. If she has all that money, she would be having her lawyer handle the whole deal. "Chad, I am starved, can we eat"...........
    I don't think she's really going to buy it either. Several things about the whole deal rang false with me. I'd love to find out what the outcome was.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread