+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ~ Million Dollar Listing ~ Season 3 ~ 10/12/2009

Re: ~ Million Dollar Listing ~ Season 3 ~ 10/12/2009

Haven't seen the new season yet, but I do like Madison. I would probably deal with him, as he does seem pretty knowledgeable about his market.
    The only one I would never deal with is the dark haired guy who they showed with his grandmother last season. Besides his total arrogance, he just doesn't appear, to me at least, to be very trustworthy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Chad has a listing in my city. Looks beautiful from the pictures. Corona Del Mar (Crown of the Sea) is a lovely section of Newport Beach!

Corona del Mar home on TV’s ‘Million Dollar Listing’ - Lansner on Real Estate - OCRegister.com

Corona del Mar home on TV’s ‘Million Dollar Listing’
    October 13th, 2009 posted by Marilyn Kalfus, real estate reporter

A Corona del Mar home built on land with a historic past will be seen on Bravo TV’s “Million Dollar Listing” this season. Chad Rogers, one of the Realtors on the show, is co-listing it with local Realtor Robert Giem.

Asking price on the oceanfront home: $7,350,000.
    The house is located at 2717 Shell St. in China Cove.
    Its new season premiered Monday night. A spokeswoman for the show did not yet have a date for the episode showing the Corona del Mar home.
    Rogers said in an interview last week that he was contacted by someone who saw him on the realty TV show and said she inherited the house . She asked him to sell it even though she knew Newport Beach is not his primary market. The show typically focuses on ritzy L.A. markets like Beverly Hills and Malibu.

China Cove
    The 3-bedroom, 5-bath house is steps from the beach, with a big limestone terrace overlooking the harbor and a subterranean 4-plus gar garage.

The house was listed at $9,500,000 in December 2008, then reduced to $8,500,000 in June before dropping to the current asking price. Redfin shows nearby ’similar homes’ listed for $1,995,000 to $7,995,000.

By the way, this house is on the site of the former China House, a landmark for which the China Cove community was named, and an entrance to Newport Harbor for more than half a century.

“The China House was built in 1931 as a gift from department store mogul William Lindsay to his wife Sarah, who died a few months before its completion. The landmark pink and green pagoda shaped house, with gold-leaf dragons painted on the eaves, endured earthquakes, storms and heavy surf, but couldn’t beat the wrecking ball in early September, 1987. Residents organized to fight the new owner’s effort to tear it down, but failed.”

Is Chad the one with the god awful hair cut, too long, bangs in his eyes, always combing it thinking he is beautiful?? And with the icky whinny voice?? Don't like him. Wouldn't let him sell my garbage can. With all the commission he claims to make you would think he could afford a hair cut and style.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3728565;
    The only one I would never deal with is the dark haired guy who they showed with his grandmother last season. Besides his total arrogance, he just doesn't appear, to me at least, to be very trustworthy.
    I'm actually suprised he's on for another season.

Last I heard (shortly after last season ended) was that he was arrested or charged for stealing property from the trusts he manages. The details are fuzzy, as I read the article a while ago and haven't thought about it since, but I think the deal was that as well as being a real estate agent, he also managed or auctioned of the estates of people who his Grandmother knew that had passed. He was busted for stealing from those estates.

Maybe someone else who knows more could chime in. But I would guess since he's on this show, that maybe the chargers were dropped or something.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by march;3729216;
    Is Chad the one with the god awful hair cut, too long, bangs in his eyes, always combing it thinking he is beautiful?? And with the icky whinny voice?? Don't like him. Wouldn't let him sell my garbage can. With all the commission he claims to make you would think he could afford a hair cut and style.
    Yes, he's the 130lbs 30 year old EMO adult.

WTF?

FORT Regular

Oh, and while I watched every episode last season, I don't have an interest in watching this season.

I don't like the "characters." Chad and Josh are immature and don't know how to handle themselves like professionals. And while Madison is okay, I didn't particular have an interest in his bi-sexual lifestyle.

What does that have to do with real estate?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Noticed how much Chad looks in the mirror every chance he gets, and primps with his hair. Narcissistic much, Chaddy? At least he is not fighting his natural curl as much as he was last season. This guy is in his 30s, and he still fills the role of dweeb.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Can't figure out why anyone would work with Chad! Saw this show for the first time tonight and we laughed the whole way through about how he primped his terrible haircut constantly and even used his client's hairspray during the open house where no one showed up. His clothes and hair look like he's trying to channel the Beatles, just tighter pants!

FORT Regular

I caught the first or second episode yesterday. Not impressed.

I know all reality is staged, but some of it is horrible. I loved the "suprise" gas station meeting between Josh and Chad.

How convenient was that. The film crew just felt compelled to film Josh pumping gas. It made for good television. I'm sure it was just coincidence that Chad drove up.

Or the part where Madison was getting feedback from the agent that showed his clients.... "I was driving by her office when I happened to notice her in the parking lot."

Really? Was it the film crew that tipped you off?

What an amazing impromptu meeting....

FORT Regular

Oh, and the rental guy who kept making passes at the other guys girlfriend.

Nice.

+ Reply to Thread