+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ~ Million Dollar Listing ~ Season 3 ~ 10/12/2009

FORT Fogey

Re: ~ Million Dollar Listing ~ Season 3 ~ 10/12/2009

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3760186;
    What was with that dude going off on Madison when after weeks/months and his 5 million dollar house is not selling. Come on, that guy and his wife look like jerks. Let's drink FIRST before we discuss lowering the price. That Broker that was flirting with Josh and the dentist..... TOO MUCH. Reign it in, lady.
    I don't think they were "jerks." I think it was a much more emotional issue for them than it is for many people, as this was their dream house that they had built, and were planning to live in forever. They had customized every little detail to their specific tastes -which btw, I did not like at all, but it was their taste. At one point they showed the wife on the verge of tears with her face in her hands. I felt badly for her. Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't it a highly significant drop in price for them? I'm sure it's difficult for anyone in that position to be losing a ton of money, but for this couple I think it was a much more emotional investment.

And holy cow - I was embarrassed for that flirty Broker!

FORT Regular

I just watched Mondays episode last night. Tivo is the greatest invention since the wheel.

More "proof" that the encounters/situations are staged....

When going to the Brokers open, Madison gets a call to show one of his listings, and he says he's on his way to an open house, but will be in and out real quick, and can meet them in 30 minutes.

He gets there, and Josh is just loitering around. Reading magazines on the couch, etc. Why would he just be hanging out unless the producers told them to wait for all of them to show.

Madison gets there, and although you can't tell how long he was there, he certainly wasn't acting like he had to be anywhere in 30 minutes. He, like Josh, seemed to be hanging around aimlessly.

Finally, Chad gets there for the "confrontation".

Ridiculous.

Also, Chad scheduled a meeting with the sales woman for the W (was that a wig she was wearing?) because he says he wanted to talk to her about how successful the OH was. Literally, the second sentence out of his mouth was "Madison showed up." followed by (paraphrasing) "Oh, you know him? I didn't know. Yeah, he was texting you and he seemed upset? Hmmmm"

I find I actually watch this show more to ridicule it, than to actually follow what is going on between the agents and the clients.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3760535;
    I don't think they were "jerks." I think it was a much more emotional issue for them than it is for many people, as this was their dream house that they had built, and were planning to live in forever. They had customized every little detail to their specific tastes -which btw, I did not like at all, but it was their taste. At one point they showed the wife on the verge of tears with her face in her hands. I felt badly for her. Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't it a highly significant drop in price for them? I'm sure it's difficult for anyone in that position to be losing a ton of money, but for this couple I think it was a much more emotional investment.

And holy cow - I was embarrassed for that flirty Broker!
    What I didn't like about them was the "comments" from the husband....I cannot remember them all but at one point when Madison suggested the house be priced at just under 4 million, the baby started to get a little wiggley and the husband said, "Madison, my wife and I may like you but MARCUS DOES NOT".....odd thing to say. I thought. I agree this has to be terribly troubling for the couple, but they had some attitude IMHO.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3760960;
    What I didn't like about them was the "comments" from the husband....I cannot remember them all but at one point when Madison suggested the house be priced at just under 4 million, the baby started to get a little wiggley and the husband said, "Madison, my wife and I may like you but MARCUS DOES NOT".....odd thing to say. I thought. I agree this has to be terribly troubling for the couple, but they had some attitude IMHO.
    momrek06 - I may have possibly missed the attitude, as I think I sometimes sympathize too much with people going through difficult times! I did hear the "baby comment," but I thought the guy was (possibly) trying to add some levity to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3761228;
    momrek06 - I may have possibly missed the attitude, as I think I sometimes sympathize too much with people going through difficult times! I did hear the "baby comment," but I thought the guy was (possibly) trying to add some levity to the situation.
    Oh, ITA w/you, daiseyo!!! I bet he was trying to add levity.....and absolutely it appeared to be a difficult situation for the couple. I mean to build your dream house and lose it to the economy......
    KAREN

They were already taking a huge loss with the initial price and then they were asked to lower it by $700,000. Yikes!!!

No one could possibly take this show seriously, but it's an awful lot of fun to watch.

FORT Regular

Reality shows are addicting. I mean, I couldn't stand this season of MDL, but I kept Tivo'ing and watching.

This last episode contained several more fabricated situations. Chad just stopping by real quick to talk to his parents, where, conveniently, the camera crew was already there waiting. LOL at Chads dad... he had this look of 'I'm so embarrassed of my son' when Chad was slobbering over his starlycakes.

And does Chad shave his legs? You watch that scene where he's getting a pedacure, and I've seen rocks with more hair on them. Oh, and bringing toilet paper to the construction site.

That guy is such a joke. I feel sorry for his girlfriend. Not sure what the hell she see's in him. I'm guessing she probably comes from a poor family and has very low self esteem, and is with him because she see's him and his families money as a meal ticket.

Regarding Madison... keep your homosexual "journey" to yourself. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;3764152;
    Reality shows are addicting. I mean, I couldn't stand this season of MDL, but I kept Tivo'ing and watching.

This last episode contained several more fabricated situations. Chad just stopping by real quick to talk to his parents, where, conveniently, the camera crew was already there waiting. LOL at Chads dad... he had this look of 'I'm so embarrassed of my son' when Chad was slobbering over his starlycakes.

And does Chad shave his legs? You watch that scene where he's getting a pedacure, and I've seen rocks with more hair on them. Oh, and bringing toilet paper to the construction site.

That guy is such a joke. I feel sorry for his girlfriend. Not sure what the hell she see's in him. I'm guessing she probably comes from a poor family and has very low self esteem, and is with him because she see's him and his families money as a meal ticket.

Regarding Madison... keep your homosexual "journey" to yourself. Disgusting.
    Haven't been watching much this season, so I love reading all the recaps. Thanks to you all.
    I'm not a big Chad fan, but I will agree with his bringing TP to a construction site. I did Design Assistant work years ago and, trust me, you def. want that TP.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Exactly! I thought it was a smart move, however I might have left it in my car. He should have sold it by the square!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Now that would be a really smart move!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread