+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Little People, Big World - TLC

Little People, Big World PREMIERS TONIGHT on TLC 8pm & 8:30pm!

Little People, Big World 8PM
    King of His Castle

Ten years after he began building Molly's Castle, Matt is dead set on completing what's become his most drawn-out and costly farm attraction. Amy begrudgingly approves until Matt's budget on the project begins to swell.

Little People, Big World 8:30PM
    Last Dance

Amy helps Molly get ready for her first high school formal dance, but it's a bittersweet experience because it's also Zach and Jeremy's last.

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

Wow! Amy really seems fed up with Matt! We may be looking at another TLC divorce... I hope not.

It was nice that Zac got a custom made overcoat but what in the world was it made out of.....Pleather?!?! My son thinks that it was no accident that he "forgot" to wear it to the dance.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3726212;
    Wow! Amy really seems fed up with Matt! We may be looking at another TLC divorce... I hope not.
    That was my exact thought. She really seems fed up with him. I would be really sad if these two split up!! Hopefully they will get past it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Oh my...another reality tv couple on the verge of a break-up...

I know Amy has said many times she loves to travel and Matt does not.

And Matt wanting to finish the Castle... I don't think he seems to have his budget mind working...what was with all that armour and swords...that had to be costly...

The PLEATHER COAT was realllllllllly ugly. I cannot imagine what Amy spent on that and Zach never wore it...I don't blame him one bit...

Looks like Zach is going to have more surgery...

FORT Fanatic

I didn't bother staying around for the credits, but I normally assume anything on the show was a 'freebie.' Maybe that included Zack's coat.

When Matt asked Amy what she wanted to do in the future, I was disappointed she didn't say she wanted to spend more time with HIM. Both of my parents had a lot of the same attitude, but they sure never mentioned the word 'divorce.' Dad was constantly doing new things, while Mom pretty much wanted the status quo.

Unlike Matt, my Dad came up with a lot of projects, but he was a skilled craftsman who could map out the project, do it, and then clean up afterwards. Of course, he put in built-in shelves in the dining room, and then it took him about 7 years (according to my mother) to finally enclose them! The 7 years was minor to him. He knew he could do it, he just had a lot of other things to do first.

I dvr'd the show so I could watch DWTS. When I did watch, I started too far towards the end and saw the uncomfortable moments with Matt and Amy at dinner. I thought I must 've read too much into it till I went back to the beginning and saw how the story built. Ouch!
    I don't know these people personally, (though I know someone who met them on Roloff Farm and said that Amy was fabulous and very warm and fun) but I'll be so sad if their marriage doesn't work out. So many couples seem to drift apart after their children grow up. (My parents did - not that they were happily married before.) However, in my own marriage, my husband and I are closer now, post kids, than we ever were. It can be a happy, wonderful time in your life. I hope Matt and Amy can make compromises and work things out. IMO Matt needs to come down to earth and Amy needs to soften her communication style. She also needs to remember that it was "Matt and Amy" before the kids came and try to find that common ground they had before. I hate divorce (except for those times it is really needed) and hope this couple can find a way to fall in love again.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think Amy is starting to feel the empty nest syndrome and feels she won't have anything to do once her kids are gone. But for one thing....she still has her kids at home....2 of which will be there for AWHILE. She needs to chill out.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

My parents were a little like this when my sisters and I were in high school/college. It was compounded with their stressful jobs and my Dad traveling for work a lot. I think now that all 3 of us are grown and almost out of college, on our way to marriage, blah blah blah, that they have grown a little closer again. They actually go out for dinner by themselves and not just talk about it or make excuses like "oh we can't because she needs picked up from dance practice" or something like that.

I can hope that Amy and Matt are just feeling the stress of life mid cycle. They seem like such a lovely couple and a lovely family . I can also hope that this is also compounded by crafty editing by TLC and we the audience are just seeing more bad than good.

The show just restarted and the talk on here is about divorce. I think we are seeing way too much of a divorce that we have become cynical..ok I have always been cynical.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 123456789101151 ... LastLast