+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3745040;
    Amy acted like a 2yr old in last wks epi, if it had been Matt that had the speaking engagement and couldn't go to the BVI's, Amy would have said oh well, see ya when we get back.
    ITA that she would have said that. And if Matt had tried to encourage the kids to go against her as she did with him all h*ll would have broken loose. I just don't get what is up with Amy this season and hope things gets worked out because I have always liked watching Amy, Matt and the family it is just that this season so far has been distrubing.

Quote Originally Posted by march;3746352;
    ITA that she would have said that. And if Matt had tried to encourage the kids to go against her as she did with him all h*ll would have broken loose. I just don't get what is up with Amy this season and hope things gets worked out because I have always liked watching Amy, Matt and the family it is just that this season so far has been distrubing.
    I cannot even imagine Matt doing that at all. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by march;3746352;
    Interesting that you say that because I have been thinking the same thing. I don't particularly enjoy watching a train wreck. A little conflict doesn't upset me but if this is turning into watching the demise of a family, count me out. I find that entertaining.

TONIGHT....."Jacob turns 12 and his parents give him a cell phone, but when he racks up an outrageous bill -- with over 8,000 texts -- Matt and Amy doubt whether Jake is ready for the responsibility. The bill is $2700.00!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3746543;
    TONIGHT....."Jacob turns 12 and his parents give him a cell phone, but when he racks up an outrageous bill -- with over 8,000 texts -- Matt and Amy doubt whether Jake is ready for the responsibility. The bill is $2700.00!!!"

I hate texting. Most parents I know buy the unlimited plan so they don't have something like that happen. What I hate is that you have to pay when you get a text as well. Even if you don't want it. When my son gets old enough for a cell phone, I hope there is a way to disable being able to receive texts.

I've seen kids hide their phones while in class, even in choir practice. Much easier to sneak when you don't have to talk. Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3746412;
    Interesting that you say that because I have been thinking the same thing. I don't particularly enjoy watching a train wreck. A little conflict doesn't upset me but if this is turning into watching the demise of a family, count me out. I find that entertaining.
    I meant to say I DON'T find that entertaining.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We watched the show last night for the first time in a long time. Lots of things haven't changed, and that's sad.

In a good relationship, there is communication and (in the case of good parenting), there should be consensus. We saw none of that last night. There's no way I would drive into the large city near us at night and not personally tell my husband where I was going and when I'd be back. And then to not respond to texts and calls - a real indication of significant problems in the marriage. Not to mention Amy's continuous jabs at Matt.

I understand why Matt wanted Jacob to have a phone - but rather than letting him have it with rules that he wasn't obeying, they should have ONLY let him have it when his homework was done, or when he was out away from the house. And when he wasn't in those parameters, it needed to be handed back over to mom and dad.

Zach has always given off a "know it all" vibe. Now that he's out in the world dealing with someone other than his fan club (Mom), he's learning that other people expect him to do what he's told - like a written plan for coaching soccer. He continues to have delusions of grandeur.

There was nothing fun about watching the Roloffs last night.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

But I was glad that Matt and Amy came together on that they had to take the phone away from Jacob since he wasn't obeying the rules. Happy to see that. Would have drove me nuts hearing "just a sec" "in a minute" every time I asked someone to do something.
    Jacob had an opportunity to show that he could be responsible and failed. They tried.
    I totally understood Matt's concern when Amy wouldn't answer the family's texts. Things can happen. My DH will always call me when I am travelling somewhere just to make sure I get there ok, etc. I don't look at it that he is spying, I look at it as caring.

I am also glad to see A&M on the same page with Jacob and the phone. Why didn't they do a little more investigating prior to giving Jacob the cell....I mean call Verizon or AT&T and inquire about things like text messaging etc....they would have been offered an unlimited texting option. Then he could have texted his little fingers away at a more reasonable rate of maybe $25.00 per month. Oh well, lesson learned.

Hey a question....did any of you hear Molly talking to Amy when she could not find her cell....Molly - "last time I had my cell was when Jacob and I were jumping off my roof"..... whatttttttttt ....are the kids jumping off the roof of the house????

I am glad Zach got the coaching job.

Scheduling seems to becausing a lot of conflict between M&A. Why not invest in a calendar where you note what you have scheduled? I wouldn't like it if I didn't know where my husband was. Telling a child isn't the same as, "Hey honey, I'm going to a Cancer Society Dinner tonight. I shouldn't be too late." Is that so hard?

+ Reply to Thread