+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3744757;
    Y'know, I've sided with Amy in the past because Matt can be "out there" and not too down to earth. This season Amy is coming in to focus as someone who seems to want her marriage to disolve. I don't see any respect for Matt from her and the way she is playing the kids against him is wrong, wrong, wrong.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I sure hope another reality show family doesn't break up before our eyes.
    ITA w/you. I have always loved Amy......such a good Mom, great Wife, hard working Teacher and seemed so plugged in with all her kiddos activites......always with that camera in her hand...................BUT this season I am not seeing the Amy I have seen in the past 4 seasons.

ITA, Matt with that credit card charging up left and right.....remember the season he bought SNOW..... Then this season buying all that nonsense for Molly's Castle, swords and armor.....

But Amy has changed, I don't know what it is.....could be menopause or it could be the fact her kiddos are growing up and leaving the nest.....but Monday nights epi's were awful they way Amy turned this whole "I can't go because I am speaking" issue into a family divided scenario.

Maybe Amy is just sick of the show?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I don't think so. I think she's just sick of Matt.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I'm an "empty nester" myself and have oftenseen couples as they get older forget why they got married in the first place. Hello! You were drawn to each other and wanted to be together before (in most cases) you were parents! Thankfully, my husband and I find we are more in love and enjoy one another's company so much more now than when we were younger and had the stress of kids.
    I wish the Roloffs would go on a retreat or get some family counseling.
    A wise man once said that the most important thing a man could do for his children is to love their mother. Amy does the kids no favors when she creates a divide between them and their dad and strips him of authority. Like'em or not, contrast the dynamic between the Duggars as a couple and the Roloffs.

They are not empty nesters. Jacob is only 10-12 yrs old, and none of the other kids have left either. I think she's just tired of Matt's crap. Amy acted like a 2yr old in last wks epi, if it had been Matt that had the speaking engagement and couldn't go to the BVI's, Amy would have said oh well, see ya when we get back.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3745040;
    They are not empty nesters. Jacob is only 10-12 yrs old, and none of the other kids have left either. I think she's just tired of Matt's crap. Amy acted like a 2yr old in last wks epi, if it had been Matt that had the speaking engagement and couldn't go to the BVI's, Amy would have said oh well, see ya when we get back.
    I understand that they aren't empty nesters - yet. However, Amy has made many comments this season that she knows it's coming and she doesn't know how she'll handle it. Actually, preparing for your children to leave home starts long before the actual time for them and for you. If the parents don't have a relationship with one another outside of the children you can foresee there being trouble. As for Jacob, he seems almost ignored/tolerated in many aspects by both his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3745144;
    I understand that they aren't empty nesters - yet. However, Amy has made many comments this season that she knows it's coming and she doesn't know how she'll handle it. Actually, preparing for your children to leave home starts long before the actual time for them and for you. If the parents don't have a relationship with one another outside of the children you can foresee there being trouble. As for Jacob, he seems almost ignored/tolerated in many aspects by both his parents.
    I feel for the kid. He kind of makes me think of tossed away leftovers from dinner the way he is treated.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Something major is up with Amy this season and I can't quite put my finger on why she's so upset.

However, it's probably mostly about Matt (he could be drinking a lot...who knows) because, let's face it, he continues to spend tons of money on crazy ideas for the farm without blinking an eye. She realizes college tuition is expensive and I'm sure that extremely large house is costing them a lot more to heat etc. than they're used to.

I also believe she's realistic about the twins' actual acceptance into college. I think she realizes neither of them will be admitted to any of the schools in which they've applied because their high school grades just aren't good enough. That, in and of itself, is a worry for all parents who have dreamed of sending their children off to college. (Don't get me wrong.... I understand everybody isn't meant to go to college, which is fine, but it's something she seems to want.)

These things, coupled with the fact that Matt's health is in question this season, could help put any woman/wife/mother over the edge.

I do think she acted like a complete spoiled brat about the trip. I mean, really.......!!
    Last edited by tinderbox; 11-07-2009 at 08:38 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I'm assuming that Matt's surgery will not be covered by any insurance. He had indicated on a previous show that it's almost impossible for little people to get health insurance. That will cost a bundle. And a preview shows their little person son in the ER with a bandage on his ear.

They should be saving their money.

Jeremy on a previous season was working with Mike on some project - a car? A boat? I don't recall. He seemed good with his hands. Why doesn't he look for that type of career?

Frankly, Zack has never impressed me as much of a student either. I wonder if he talks about being a teacher because he really wants to coach soccer? But don't they also have to teach a serious subject? Not sure he can do that. Can he actually buckle down and study?

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3745694;
    I'm assuming that Matt's surgery will not be covered by any insurance. He had indicated on a previous show that it's almost impossible for little people to get health insurance. That will cost a bundle. And a preview shows their little person son in the ER with a bandage on his ear.

They should be saving their money.

Jeremy on a previous season was working with Mike on some project - a car? A boat? I don't recall. He seemed good with his hands. Why doesn't he look for that type of career?

Frankly, Zack has never impressed me as much of a student either. I wonder if he talks about being a teacher because he really wants to coach soccer? But don't they also have to teach a serious subject? Not sure he can do that. Can he actually buckle down and study?
    Depends on the school. Here a lot of the coaches aren't teachers. Some substitute. Some used to be. Some never were. And then the occasional teacher who wants a fluffier pay check will coach stuff. And it also depends on if the school has the sport he wants to coach. Soccer isn't a school sport here. So he would have to go work for the YMCA to coach it, no degree needed.

+ Reply to Thread