+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

FORT Fanatic

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

People seem to have forgotten that on a previous season, Amy booked a cruise for her and Matt and another couple for the opening weekend of pumpkin-selling season. She insisted the date couldn't be changed. Both Amy and Matt went ahead on the trip, but the opening week at home was very rough.

Both Amy and Matt seem to have trouble communicating with each other. Is it possible they do it deliberately to create conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3743001;
    Looks like TLC has successfully destroyed another family... whos next...the Duggars?
    TLC is probably stalking OB/GYN office in search of their next family to exploit. Why wait until until they are born to destroy when they can begin the process in utero.

I used to love TLC's programs but other than What Not To Wear, which isn't showing right now, I don't turn the channel on any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3742924;
    Did anyone catch that strange little aside from Amy about Matt? He was in the other room and she told the kids, "he's had too much." Then she explained to the camera that Matt gets in these moods when he's "tired" or some such euphemism.

I like both Matt and Amy, but between that revealing exchange and his DUI last season, I wonder if he's got a drinking problem. That might contribute to the apparent disregard his family is started to develop toward him.
    I didn't read it as drinking. I took it has being frustrated with the way the kids trashed the house.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3743329;
    TLC is probably stalking OB/GYN office in search of their next family to exploit. Why wait until until they are born to destroy when they can begin the process in utero.

I used to love TLC's programs but other than What Not To Wear, which isn't showing right now, I don't turn the channel on any longer.
    I loved TLC's shows even before that when they were about actual learning.

I've been wondering this season if Amy might be in the last years of peri- menopause. Having watched my Mom, an Auntie, and a couple other females go through it, Amy seems to be acting in a similar manner to what I observed. The last couple of years of perimenopause seem to be rough with the hormone changes it seems a bit like having pms for a year or two.

Amy seems short of temper, sometimes depressed and a bit mood swingy. If it's the hormones contributing to it I hope she will be able to talk to her doctor and find some help.

On the other hand it could just be the stress of having kids, a husband who sometimes acts like a kid and your life on tv for everyone to see and judge.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3743210;
    People seem to have forgotten that on a previous season, Amy booked a cruise for her and Matt and another couple for the opening weekend of pumpkin-selling season. She insisted the date couldn't be changed. Both Amy and Matt went ahead on the trip, but the opening week at home was very rough.

Both Amy and Matt seem to have trouble communicating with each other. Is it possible they do it deliberately to create conflict?
    I remember that, there was a big conflict between Matt's parents and the woman he left in charge while they were gone.

FORT Fogey

I think Amy has always been bitchy wife. No wonder Matt drinks a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3743360;
    I didn't read it as drinking. I took it has being frustrated with the way the kids trashed the house.
    I totally read it as drinking. For me, Amy said it without actually saying it.

FORT Fanatic

I hope Matt is not drinking. If so, he better stay the heck out of the driver's seat. He has already had his license suspended at least once already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3744481;
    I think Amy has always been bitchy wife. No wonder Matt drinks a bit much.
    Y'know, I've sided with Amy in the past because Matt can be "out there" and not too down to earth. This season Amy is coming in to focus as someone who seems to want her marriage to disolve. I don't see any respect for Matt from her and the way she is playing the kids against him is wrong, wrong, wrong.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I sure hope another reality show family doesn't break up before our eyes.

+ Reply to Thread