+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

I'm not finding anything on line about a divorce - just the separation. Does anyone have a link to confirmation of a divorce?

They are not officially divorced yet, just living in different houses on the farm.
    There's no place like home!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I was surprised by how emotional Amy seemed to be about the separation. I wonder if she has even an ounce of self awareness after seeing herself on TV. I didn't realized that since the filming, they have actually filed for divorce.
    My guess, as to why Amy seemed to be so emotional and sad and teary about the separation, is that it was FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE CAMERAS. I wouldn't be surprised if she's doing the 'happy dance' on the inside!

Plus, she was slurring her words. It probably doesn't take a lot of wine for someone her size to start feeling the effects . . . and drinking can cause emotions to be magnified - happy, sad, anger. She may be a little sad, but the wine loosened her up.

Yikes! I'm sorry. I said "divorced" in my post but was referring to the "official" March 14th announcement of their separation.

You know IF Amy wants to know what's wrong in her marriage she does NOT need a therapist she just needs TLC to give her EVERY SINGLE SEASON of LPLB and sit down by herself
    and watch every single season and every single episode .... then MAYBE she will see what a PITA she has been TO MATT as the seasons went on and on and on.

Gawd, she would not even give Matt a simple little kiss on NYE.

(Like I have said before Matt has his issues as well but its Amy that seems confused in all this; happy one minute that Matt is gone and sad the next minute.)
    KAREN

In Amy's defense (playing devil's advocate) If Matt had the alcohol problem that has been discussed, she has had to deal with everything alone. When (if) he quit drinking he now wants to be in charge like there was never anything wrong. This is hard on the spouse that did not have the problem, having to just give in and let the other be in charge. I am sure there is much more to this than we know.
    There's no place like home!

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Matt (until LPBW) was always gainfully employed in the computer field. Amy worked part-time as a soccer league secretary and (IIRC) as an aide in a preschool. The rest of her time appears to have been spent figuring out new ways to be a Negative Nellie about anything that Matt suggested. She sure didn't spend any time cleaning the house.

She personifies the type of person who could drive their spouse to drink.

For the record, he did have to complete an alcohol course after a DUI in 2003. There was a second arrest in 2007, but the judge threw the case out.
    Debb70 likes this.

There has been speculation about Matt's drinking, but I have seen Amy drink just as much if not more. Plus, she condoned the simulation of the kids drinking even when they were young. Pretending to toast, etc. (I'm funny about that.) Having a huge bottle of wine in the kitchen, providing alcohol to guests, drinking alcohol on trips with Matt, etc. These are all things you don't do when you are living with an alcoholic. So, I have to assume that as smart as Amy is, that Matt isn't or she wouldn't tolerate that environment or behavior in her house.

And whether Matt is or isn't an alcoholic, Amy's behavior towards him, especially in front of the kids has been horrific and unexcusible. There is nothing he could have done to justify her conduct, IMO.
    AZChristian likes this.

I only watched a few minutes of the special. But Matt sure looked like he was having a great time with his dad, brother and sons at their poker party. Happier than I've seen him in the past few seasons. Amy's crocodile tears weren't foolin anyone!

+ Reply to Thread