+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657585960 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

It seemed to me like Amy was more upset about the separation than Matt. I was surprised by that. She always seemed more ready to move on than him.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Still sad that Jacob seems to be the invisible kid. I fell asleep after the first half hour of the show but at least in the first half hour both parents said things like "Now that the kids are back home" and things like that. Also during the parts that I watched I only saw a grand total of one side-interview with Jacob in it and him in a group only say things when it was just the kids playing at Zac's house.

Hard to tell if it is a 16 year old hiding from the cameras, him being introverted, him being forgotten in the drama, or what.

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17 View Post
    It seemed to me like Amy was more upset about the separation than Matt. I was surprised by that. She always seemed more ready to move on than him.
    Yeah, did you catch what Matt's mom said to Matt about his little saying.....He said Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Then his mom said, Be careful, absence makes the heart grow fonder for someone else! lol Maybe she suspects that Matt is going to have some friends over during this separation.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can't understand what kind of relationship Zach has with his girlfriend. She is college educated and a school teacher. She seems to be intelligent and mature. What kind of stimulation would she get from Zach? He admits he doesn't like to read, isn't very smart, and his interest is limited to soccer and a few other sports. I don't get it. What would they have in common. He has always seemed to have the maturity level of an eight grader. I just don't understand.
    I am mystified by Zach's girlfriend's attachment to Zach too. I can't imagine what she sees in him or why she wants to be with him. To me, Zach has absolutely nothing to offer any girl.
    Debb70 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rozzie17 View Post
    I don't think she would have been nearly as upset if she had forced him out. She doesn't like that he made the decision to move into the other house, and that - because he's half-owner of the property - she couldn't do anything about it. Amy has always been about control. I thought her tears might have been the beginning of more self-awareness . . . that she has some responsibility for the separation, too.

And if anyone starts finding that "absence makes the heart grow fonder . . . for someone else," I think it would be Amy. As self-absorbed as she was in finding something to wear out to dinner in last night's episode, I actually thought she was concerned about looking good just in case someone caught her eye.

ETA: The variation of that quote I've often heard is "Absence is to love as wind is to fire; blows the little ones out and makes the big ones burn brighter."

I think Amy was upset that Matt made the decision to move out of the house, on his own. She/they knew the marriage was in trouble for a long time and I believe SHE thought she was in control of when and how the split would take place....or even if it would take place. His moving on (although still on their property) threw her for a loop. Amy's self righteous attitude has bothered me for quite some time. I couldn't stand the way she treated Matt when the family went on their most recent vacation. That episode/special spoke volumes to me about her.

That said, Matt's moving out of the main house was probably the best idea for them at the time. We've since learned they've filed for divorce. I feel bad for the entire family and with them well.

Let me add...

When the countdown to the new year began and all the lights went out....I laughed out loud. It was a true Clark Griswald moment! heh heh heh

Also, the cleanliness of Matt's home spoke volumes!!!!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was also "put off" by Zach's continuing rudeness to Matt. When Matt went into the big house looking for ice and drinks for their guests, Zach kept saying, "This is how WE do things. This is how WE roll around here." One more example of his always treating Matt like an outsider, rather than respecting him for providing them with a very nice home.

Having said that, I was VERY surprised to see how tidy Zach's place was. It's beginning to be more and more obvious (if it wasn't already) who the source of the untidiness in the Roloff household is.
    Imperfect1 and nanarama like this.

I watched for about 2 minutes, toward the end. My biggest complaint, why go on tv and have your marriage problems filmed and then film the divorce. Oh yeah it is all about the $$$.
    There's no place like home!

I used to love this show but now it's just a shell of what it used to be. It's a sad day when you, as an executive producer of your own show, decide to air the moments where you bicker with and belittle your own spouse just so you can get a paycheck coming in.

From what I've come across online, the whole family is rather snooty and entitled. Jacob is apparently a pot smoker who got kicked out of school for horrible grades (according to his ask.fm account), Zach seems to be completely unmotivated to do anything aside from sponging off of his parents, and Jeremy is allegedly a drunk who gets everything handed to him. What's sad is that they seemed like great kids who had a lot of promise when the show first aired. It seems like the money and fame definitely came at a price for these guys. Hopefully the same doesn't happen to The Little Couple.

I, too, noticed how tidy Matt's house is--and the big house looked as jumbled and messy as ever.
    I was also surprised by how emotional Amy seemed to be about the separation. I wonder if she has even an ounce of self awareness after seeing herself on TV. I didn't realized that since the filming, they have actually filed for divorce.
    Lastly, Matt, his brother and his dad sure look and sound alike!

+ Reply to Thread