+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I guess if people just tuned in, they don't know the history of the family. I watched the show from day one and I saw the early years where Amy was so cold and cruel to Matt that it was UNREAL. She told him he HAD to return to work with his sales job, even though he could barely walk. His job required him to fly internationally a lot. He had to carry his crutches, equipment, luggage, computer, etc. on and off flights alone. I don't think he was able to take his scooter every trip. But even with the scooter, it's a huge undertaking. I have flown here and abroad and I have no idea how Matt did it, but Amy never seemed to have any consideration for the fact that he is physically disabled. She kept pushing him continuing to do it talking about how they needed the money, even though he was in great pain and never at home. She seemed VERY happy with that arrangement.

Matt wanted to make the Pumpkin Farm work as their income, but Amy hated the idea and she verbally abused him every episode. And if she could side with the kids against Matt, she dove in. She was Horrible, IMO. Of course, Matt eventually ignored her and proceeded with the Pumpkin Farm......eventually making it a huge success, not thanks to Amy who degraded him every step of the way.

Once the kids set fire to a piece of furniture in the family room of their house! Matt was very upset and wanted to address it, but Amy was all on the kids' side. She didn't think it was anything to get upset about. Can you believe it? IF the kids ever did anything wrong, she would side with them and against Matt. Before it was over, she and the kids would be blaming it on Matt....it was so cruel.

Amy may be kind to some people, but she has shown so much venom to Matt over the years, that I don't trust her a bit. Maybe that's why I tolerate Matt's poor behavior more than hers. For a parent to address another parent the way she has addressed Matt, lets me know a lot about Amy and it isn't good.
    and this is why I haven't watched this show in years. It became uncomfortable to watch.
    Imperfect1 and Dragonlady like this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Amy may be kind to some people, but she has shown so much venom to Matt over the years, that I don't trust her a bit. Maybe that's why I tolerate Matt's poor behavior more than hers. For a parent to address another parent the way she has addressed Matt, lets me know a lot about Amy and it isn't good.
    TOTALLY agree, Debb and it is true like you said watching from S1 you have seen Amy just become more and more nasty to Matt season after season and THAT is also why I would also give Matt a 'pass' on some of his poor behavior.

What surprises me is Amy has had sooooo many years to just take a few hours and watch herself on the show and IF she has, why does she not see what a p.i.t.a she REALLY is to Matt?

Yes another reminder of their Special which will be on TLC on Tuesday, March 25th right before 'The Little Couple'!
    Imperfect1 and Dragonlady like this.
    KAREN

Thanks for the reminder.
    momrek06 likes this.

These two never seemed happy together. Amy never seemed to like much less love Matt! trying to make her happy was like throwing his money in the ocean and hoping it floats. not likely at all! I stopped watching long ago.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Jeremy Roloff just got engaged to his girlfriend Audrey.
    momrek06, tinderbox and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Jeremy Roloff just got engaged to his girlfriend Audrey.
    Congrats to Jer and Audrey!

Hmmm! I smell more "Little People" Specials in the works!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Congrats to Jer and Audrey!

Hmmm! I smell more "Little People" Specials in the works!
    I wonder if Matt and Amy will handle the wedding on the farm like they did last season. If Jeremy's fiance is smart, she'll have someone else do it and avoid all that stress. lol
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

Wish I had bumped this up sooner!

Just watching now in CALI.

REMINDER the Special is on tonight!
    KAREN

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Watched the New Year's Eve show. LOL'ed when Ron (Matt's dad) was walking around Matt's place and said, "Well, it certainly is NEAT." (Zing, Amy.) And it looked to me like Amy was (1) way too happy to take off her wedding ring, and (2) blotto during the dinner scene with her friends and the NYE party. She is NOT getting the sympathetic edit.
    tinderbox and nanarama like this.

I thought Amy tried to act like poor little Amy who was trying so hard to be the good wife got left by her husband and she was so confused and shocked. UNTRUE, IMO. She is as much at fault as Matt and maybe more so. How could anyone live with her when she acts like she does to Matt? Why was it a shock he left? Maybe she just never thought he would do it.

This is the first time Matt's parents have been on the show in awhile. I like them. I think they pulled back when Amy's verbal abuse of Matt got to be so extreme. I don't blame them. I'm not happy that they seemed to support the reconcilation of Matt and Amy. WHY keep being miserable. Even the kids were relieved they were apart.

I can't understand what kind of relationship Zach has with his girlfriend. She is college educated and a school teacher. She seems to be intelligent and mature. What kind of stimulation would she get from Zach? He admits he doesn't like to read, isn't very smart, and his interest is limited to soccer and a few other sports. I don't get it. What would they have in common. He has always seemed to have the maturity level of an eight grader. I just don't understand.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread