+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Amy's attitude ruins this show for me. She's an angry bitter woman and seems desperately unhappy with her life now that the children have grown.
    I know previously someone posted that if Matt was an alcoholic maybe that was why Amy was so unkind to him.
    Personally, I would probably become an alcoholic is I was married to Amy! just kidding..... but it must take it's toll on Matt to have his wife constantly belittling him. Matt's not perfect by any means but Amy has become a shrew....except to her precious perfect children. And what's up w/the ignoring of Jacob so much?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'd be willing to bet that the production crew is having a hard time getting camera time with Jacob that doesn't involve him behaving in such a way they can't put it on camera at all. From what I've read, he's in a very rebellious stage right now . . . and having no siblings at home means he's constantly exposed to all of the parental fighting and has no one his age with whom to share that burden.

I tweeted Amy today that I hoped she and Matt get professional counseling because in my view, she is overbearing, and he is depressed.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I tweeted Amy today that I hoped she and Matt get professional counseling because in my view, she is overbearing, and he is depressed.
    It just sickens me on how Amy treats Matt. I think they both have their issues but Amy is by far WORST to Matt than he is to her.

She is forever making wise crack remarks to him.

He simply says (at the end of the show) "I miss the kids" .... Amy comes back with "Well isn't that interesting as YOU were the one that wanted them out of the house" ........ gawd, I agree with Matt it was time they
    all were out; either at college or on their own. But you can still MISS them. Yet Amy does not see it that way. She just does not get it.

Thank God those kids are gone as Amy just coddles them 24/7. Its disturbing on so many levels. All the while she treats Matt HORRIBLY.

The viewing audience is tired of it. I think I tune in week after week in hopes that maybe Amy just might see what a JERK she really is, BUT nope.
    Dragonlady and AZChristian like this.
    KAREN

I've always liked both of them, and mentioned upthread that I really liked Amy when I had some work-related dealings with her. But I have to agree, they need some serious couples therapy. Matt can't even utter the most benign opinion without Amy criticizing it and him. It's painful to watch.
    Dragonlady and AZChristian like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I meant to add, too, that I saw a tweet from Molly Roloff saying that she was well aware that she had acne and that she was trying to do something about it. People must have been tweeting her about it...

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I meant to add, too, that I saw a tweet from Molly Roloff saying that she was well aware that she had acne and that she was trying to do something about it. People must have been tweeting her about it...
    Oh wow so everyone is noticing it.

I don't do twitter. I think I am the only one in the world.

Well I so hope Molly can find some help/cure for her acne.
    KAREN

Molly looked better in the scenes right before she was returning to college, IMO.

To have a dad that hands you a check to pay for your new car to drive back to school! OMG. I had to buy my own cars! lol I bet their tuition is also paid by their parents, as well as room and board. Lucky kids.

I'm glad she's applying herself. I heard Matt tell her how proud they were of her. She's always been a A+ student.

With all the talk between Matt and Amy, I wonder if the next leg of their series will be them in counseling. It would be a good step, IMO.

I got the feeling that Amy is more interested in staying a witch to Matt than coming together. Matt was more open to getting it out on the table and addressing it. Amy just wanted to lash out and blame Matt and that's it. I think she's so used to the anger, that it's a part of who she is. Who was it who used to say, "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" I think Amy wants to be right and to heck with being happy.

If they were in therapy, I don't think Amy could accept a therapist telling her that she played a part in the breakdown of the marriage and was not totally blameless. I don't think she would tolerate that concept. On the other hand, I think Matt would accept it.
    canuck and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh wow so everyone is noticing it.

I don't do twitter. I think I am the only one in the world.

Well I so hope Molly can find some help/cure for her acne.
    Can I join your club because I don't tweet & don't know or want to know how? My son set up an account for me when he bought my smartphone but I turned it off. Dang thing was beeping at 3AM.

I don't normally watch this show. I will surf by & watch until a commercial break. I have no clue if Matt has an issue with alcohol. With that said my EX was a major drinker & it did eventually affect my attitude and how I felt about him and how I spoke to him. My world did become my kids & still is, probably too much but I am getting better with that. I used to always try to talk to my EX that once the kids are gone we will have nothing if we don't try to do something to fix us & our marriage. His solution was to continue to drink & find a girlfriend so I divorced him and got help for me. As to cutting the umbilical cords, well that is still a work in progress & always will be but it is cool.
    causingchaos likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Molly looked better in the scenes right before she was returning to college, IMO.

To have a dad that hands you a check to pay for your new car to drive back to school! OMG. I had to buy my own cars! lol I bet their tuition is also paid by their parents, as well as room and board. Lucky kids.

I'm glad she's applying herself. I heard Matt tell her how proud they were of her. She's always been a A+ student.

With all the talk between Matt and Amy, I wonder if the next leg of their series will be them in counseling. It would be a good step, IMO.

I got the feeling that Amy is more interested in staying a witch to Matt than coming together. Matt was more open to getting it out on the table and addressing it. Amy just wanted to lash out and blame Matt and that's it. I think she's so used to the anger, that it's a part of who she is. Who was it who used to say, "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" I think Amy wants to be right and to heck with being happy.

If they were in therapy, I don't think Amy could accept a therapist telling her that she played a part in the breakdown of the marriage and was not totally blameless. I don't think she would tolerate that concept. On the other hand, I think Matt would accept it.
    I agree with you, Debb, the pics Jer was taking of Molly, her skin did look a bit better.

Your are 100% right about Amy wanting to be RIGHT than happy. Gawd.

As far as therapy......I think if she sat in a room watching HERSELF on LPBW as we have for hours on end, that MAY work. Just have her watch episode after episode and concentrate on her and Matt. Maybe just maybe she will see herself
    looking like a complete nasty beotch to Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Can I join your club because I don't tweet & don't know or want to know how? My son set up an account for me when he bought my smartphone but I turned it off. Dang thing was beeping at 3AM.
    OMG, too funny, Bunny, my son did the SAME thing. He set me all up on twitter. I have a username and password. BUT I never ever ever ever have used it.

YES, you may join MY CLUB!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread