+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

They also mention 3 children by name, by nothing is said about Jacob.
    There's no place like home!

The sister term may not be good, however, Amy has been so verbally abusive to Matt for SO many years on air, that I lost count. In fact, she didn't stop, until their series was cancelled. When the specials returned, she had toned it down. I suspect someone told how horrific it was, but during those years Matt was NOT verbally abusive to her. He would just take it and move on. She also tried to get the kids to join in on the verbal abuse of Matt. Not that it excuses Matt's actions, but the sister term is not even close to what she used to hurl his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The sister term may not be good, however, Amy has been so verbally abusive to Matt for SO many years on air, that I lost count. In fact, she didn't stop, until their series was cancelled. When the specials returned, she had toned it down. I suspect someone told how horrific it was, but during those years Matt was NOT verbally abusive to her. He would just take it and move on. She also tried to get the kids to join in on the verbal abuse of Matt. Not that it excuses Matt's actions, but the sister term is not even close to what she used to hurl his way.
    Oh I absolutely agree with you, Debb.

But for those JUST tuning in and have not watched their previous seasons, Matt calling Amy 'sister' over and over again looks condescending to me. I don't even think he calls her Amy anymore EXCEPT when REFERRING to her.

I agree also, Amy has reined it in a bit. Hmm, I wonder if she indeed did get feedback that she was being way inappropriate and quite frankly annoying to the viewers with her behavior towards Matt.

I am no Dr. Phil but I agree, I think they need to be apart for a bit and then decide what direction they want to take their future.
    KAREN

Yeah, I guess if people just tuned in, they don't know the history of the family. I watched the show from day one and I saw the early years where Amy was so cold and cruel to Matt that it was UNREAL. She told him he HAD to return to work with his sales job, even though he could barely walk. His job required him to fly internationally a lot. He had to carry his crutches, equipment, luggage, computer, etc. on and off flights alone. I don't think he was able to take his scooter every trip. But even with the scooter, it's a huge undertaking. I have flown here and abroad and I have no idea how Matt did it, but Amy never seemed to have any consideration for the fact that he is physically disabled. She kept pushing him continuing to do it talking about how they needed the money, even though he was in great pain and never at home. She seemed VERY happy with that arrangement.

Matt wanted to make the Pumpkin Farm work as their income, but Amy hated the idea and she verbally abused him every episode. And if she could side with the kids against Matt, she dove in. She was Horrible, IMO. Of course, Matt eventually ignored her and proceeded with the Pumpkin Farm......eventually making it a huge success, not thanks to Amy who degraded him every step of the way.

Once the kids set fire to a piece of furniture in the family room of their house! Matt was very upset and wanted to address it, but Amy was all on the kids' side. She didn't think it was anything to get upset about. Can you believe it? IF the kids ever did anything wrong, she would side with them and against Matt. Before it was over, she and the kids would be blaming it on Matt....it was so cruel.

Amy may be kind to some people, but she has shown so much venom to Matt over the years, that I don't trust her a bit. Maybe that's why I tolerate Matt's poor behavior more than hers. For a parent to address another parent the way she has addressed Matt, lets me know a lot about Amy and it isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I guess if people just tuned in, they don't know the history of the family. I watched the show from day one and I saw the early years where Amy was so cold and cruel to Matt that it was UNREAL. She told him he HAD to return to work with his sales job, even though he could barely walk. His job required him to fly internationally a lot. He had to carry his crutches, equipment, luggage, computer, etc. on and off flights alone. I don't think he was able to take his scooter every trip. But even with the scooter, it's a huge undertaking. I have flown here and abroad and I have no idea how Matt did it, but Amy never seemed to have any consideration for the fact that he is physically disabled. She kept pushing him continuing to do it talking about how they needed the money, even though he was in great pain and never at home. She seemed VERY happy with that arrangement.

Matt wanted to make the Pumpkin Farm work as their income, but Amy hated the idea and she verbally abused him every episode. And if she could side with the kids against Matt, she dove in. She was Horrible, IMO. Of course, Matt eventually ignored her and proceeded with the Pumpkin Farm......eventually making it a huge success, not thanks to Amy who degraded him every step of the way.

Once the kids set fire to a piece of furniture in the family room of their house! Matt was very upset and wanted to address it, but Amy was all on the kids' side. She didn't think it was anything to get upset about. Can you believe it? IF the kids ever did anything wrong, she would side with them and against Matt. Before it was over, she and the kids would be blaming it on Matt....it was so cruel.

Amy may be kind to some people, but she has shown so much venom to Matt over the years, that I don't trust her a bit. Maybe that's why I tolerate Matt's poor behavior more than hers. For a parent to address another parent the way she has addressed Matt, lets me know a lot about Amy and it isn't good.
    Yes, I do recall those first seasons with them.

Didn't Matt invent a 'step stool' for Little People and was in his own business or had an assistant. As I recall, I thought that was a very profitable business for them.

Then he soon gave that all up to do the Pumpkin Farm.

Remember when Jacob was almost killed in that Pumpkin accident with that trebuchet? That was awful.

Yes, I see Matt failing season after season and he is in tons of pain. Being in all that pain wrecks havoc on your mind and alters your personality. I mean to be consumed all day long with the aches he has must be just daunting on Matt.

Then add AMY's NASTINESS to the MIX..........just very disturbing.

And absolutely those children WALK ON WATER in Amy's eyes.

This last episode when Amy mishandled a box of glass vases and she dropped all of them and they all broke, she looked at all the kids and LAUGHED. Can you just imagine IF it was Matt that dropped those vases and they all broke? Ugh.

What happened to Amy working at that School from just LAST season????
    KAREN

I haven't heard them mention that school she was going to teach at from the last specials. Hmmmm.....maybe it was just a limited thing or just for the storyline of the show. I think that Amy has a lot to give and she seems to be an excellent speaker, but when she's paired with Matt at home, it's horrible. I've seen them on talk shows together and they were fine.....makes you wonder.

This is the first time I've seen this forum that I recall. I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my feelings about how Amy treats Matt.

I thought I heard he was an alcoholic at one time. Was that just newsrag garbage?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I don't know if Matt abuses alcohol. There have been rumors over the years, especially when he was charged with DWI. Of course, he was found not gulity of that charge. I would imagine that someone as small as Matt and Amy could get drunk off a small amount, considering their size. If he is an alcoholic, then I think it's odd that the family drinks wine on tv frequently and alcohol is often displayed in their home. Did you notice that huge martini glass in the kitchen recently?

Knowing how bossy and insistent that Amy is.....I can't imagine there would be any alcohol in the house if she was opposed to it. And if Matt was an alcoholic, I would imagine Amy would not want any alcohol within his reach, even though it's his responsibility.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I see Amy as the type to say, "Well, if you're an alcoholic, Matt, that's YOUR problem. Now pass me that bottle of Cabernet."
    holly71 and Debb70 like this.

He was found not guilty on his 2nd DUI, his 1st he received a diverson, which is the same as guilty. He did have his license suspended for 5 years.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread