+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Looked like in past season Matt had stopped drinking but that episode in the wine cellar he's drinking wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Amy is always stressing how important her kids are to her and her kids are her life, but yet, she doesn't seem to see how much her and Matt's discored has caused them pain. Molly mentions it a lot as does Jacob.

Perhaps the kids should stage an intervention where they sit down with their parents and tell them they have to get professional help to resolve their issues. Either learn to be civil to each other and release the hostility or separate and go their separate ways.

I will admit that the arguments have been fewer this season so far. I read somewhere that Amy was told the viewers were tired of her verbal abuse of Matt and she HAD to zip it up. I'm sure that if that is true, Amy resents it, since I bet she thinks she's justified.
    And start with making them WATCH every season of LPBW and see themselves.

AMY being so mean and nasty TO MATT. And MATT doing things w/o communicating with AMY (esp around the Farm).

They spend all day and all night and all week and all month and all year PUSHING EACH OTHER's BUTTONS.
    KAREN

If Matt has a drinking problem I would wager that is why Amy is so angry.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Please describe the wine cellar scene. I recall them working on one, but that was on a special from some time ago. Did they air a more recent one?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Please describe the wine cellar scene. I recall them working on one, but that was on a special from some time ago. Did they air a more recent one?
    Ya, I missed a wine cellar episode. Hmmm.
    KAREN

I don't remember a wine cellar scene either. I did notice that at the first wedding this season, while in the "saloon" when they toasted the couple, everyone had a glass of wine/champagne and Matt had water. That scene triggered my memory about Matt having alcohol problems.

I just can't stand to watch this show anymore. This weeks show was "Family Game Night". Amy got mad cause Matt and Molly outsmarted her team. She's so condescending towards Matt. She reminds me of my sister. She's in a dead-end marriage but would rather be able to brag about sticking it out then divorce and be happy.
    holly71 and Imperfect1 like this.

Yeah, I think that Amy is miserable, but not willing to take measures to fix it. If Matt is an alcoholic, then there are measures you take as a spouse. They can be learned from professionals and support groups for family members of alcoholics. One thing is that when your spouse is a alcoholic, you don't serve them wine or drink wine with them. I'm pretty sure about that.

I wonder if their admission about Matt staying in that building called his office is really their admission that they are separated. That place looked quite large. He could be sleeping and working there and really only going to the main house for meals.

I wonder how it would be to see them really happy with their personal lives with partners who they can be happy and enjoy themselves and not tied to each other out of obligation. I suspect splitting the property is a huge ordeal that plays a big part of them enduring their marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Ya, I missed a wine cellar episode. Hmmm.
    Yes made a wine cellar in the under the Barn

I think making that wine cellar was from a special show last season.

I have noticed that from the early days, the Roloffs would allow the kids to do toasts in champagne glasses using sparkling cider. It's a pet peeve of mine, but I don't approve of that. I'm a pretty liberal person and I drink socially, but I have always found pretend drinking by kids a turnoff. I don't like kids eating at bars either. Even if the kid is not drinking, it bothers me. I'm not sure why. I guess it may, because I have spent a lot time partying in those environments. lol I've seen many families allow and not just the Roloffs.
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread