+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

I can remember there was always 1 person's house where we hung out all the time and I can understand Amy wanting her kids to be that house. Helps keep an eye on them. BUT we were NEVER allowed to RUN though the house the way those kids were doing or to leave such a mess. I know they cleaned it up but again if she had not made them do it they probably never would have done it on there own.

Watching the show I often "side" with Amy over Matt. I like her laid back, grounded attitude much of the time. Last night, however, she was way off base IMO. Her reaction to the burn on the table floored me. "Oh, well. We didn't catch anyone in the act so what do you want me to do about it?" Does that mean she wouldn't have a problem with Jacob playing with fire in the house or her furniture being destroyed? It was also disturbing that she was reluctant to back Matt up on discipline. Kids need boundaries and they need to know that their parents are on the same page. In the long run, that will give them more security. It seems that Amy is going overboard to give her children a different upbringing than she had.
    Mollie was right on in her comments about her parents. It was really sad because I like this family so much but I was so disturbed by the episodes last night.

Amy reminds me of my oldest sister, she has to be in complete control of everything. Those kids run right over Amy cause they know she won't dicipline them. She's rather be their friend. I was uncomfortable watching last nights episode, you could cut the tension between Matt and Amy with a knife... I still say their headed for divorce.

YIKES...last night episodes were !!!!!!!

The kids are running AMUCK and Amy & Matt are growing further apart.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3737487;
    Watching the show I often "side" with Amy over Matt. I like her laid back, grounded attitude much of the time. Last night, however, she was way off base IMO. Her reaction to the burn on the table floored me. "Oh, well. We didn't catch anyone in the act so what do you want me to do about it?" Does that mean she wouldn't have a problem with Jacob playing with fire in the house or her furniture being destroyed? It was also disturbing that she was reluctant to back Matt up on discipline. Kids need boundaries and they need to know that their parents are on the same page. In the long run, that will give them more security. It seems that Amy is going overboard to give her children a different upbringing than she had.
    Mollie was right on in her comments about her parents. It was really sad because I like this family so much but I was so disturbed by the episodes last night.
    ITA with you here. You would think that hearing what your own child has to say about your lack of discipline would open your eyes to a problem that needs fixing.

Looks like I missed a big episode...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I was disappointed in the first show with how lazy and unmotivated Zach is. He couldn't have been more bored listening to the fellow at the university. And he wants to teach high school history?
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3738499;
    I was disappointed in the first show with how lazy and unmotivated Zach is. He couldn't have been more bored listening to the fellow at the university. And he wants to teach high school history?
    I noticed that too. At least try to look interested.

I don't even know why they went any further with the interview after announcing what the minimum SAT scores that were required. They both had their tests, didn't they?
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3740061;
    I don't even know why they went any further with the interview after announcing what the minimum SAT scores that were required. They both had their tests, didn't they?
    Yes, I believe Jeremy even commented on that...they took their SAT's and did not do as well as they would have wanted. Then made some reference to Molly being the brains in the family...maybe she could go to college for all of us, he said.

+ Reply to Thread