+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

IMO, I do not think Zach is going to look for anything that he would have to work.
    Kip and AZChristian like this.
    There's no place like home!

It does make you wonder. I'm confused why a young person who has college covered by their parents, place to stay, transportation and parents who are willing and able to support the education, doesn't jump on the opportunity. The only thing he is doing is working at that gym, opening up, cleaning the place, assisting members, etc. He's doing that and when the show was filmed, he was failing at the community college. He decided last minute to make that mini movie to help bring his grade up. I wonder if he is learning disabled. I would think Amy would have used that excuse for him if it was the case though.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Well, his dominant parent has a beautiful home that looks like a pig sty and only really works at what she wants to do. Seems like he's following her lead. "Get by" and try to convince the rest of the world that you're as awesome as you think you are.
    captain, Kip, momrek06 and 2 others like this.

I finally watched last night.

Ya, Zach is lazy. He has been lazy through all these seasons of LPBW. I think they even GRAD a year late from h.s. because Jeremy is only going to be a Senior and Zach's gf is already graduated from college.

Unless, the twins did nothing the year after they grad h.s. (I can't remember.) So typical of Zach to be scrambling to get that video done at.the.last.minute. And if Jer was not around, would Zach even have made that video?

Zach making a comment about college and diets (while they were eating pizza) and Molly says to him "maybe you would know about this if you went to college" ......... OH SNAP!!! LOLOLOL!!!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    KAREN

All the kids except for Zach seemed to be pretty academically gifted, even though the boys didn't always apply themselves. Both Matt and Amy always pushed higher education too. So, it's just amazing that Zach has zero intellectual curiosity. I'm not sure how he and his girlfriend get along. They seem so different. His maturity level is also so low. I would think it would be like dating a junior high student. Is life skills and experience are about at that level too.

I'm not sure Jeremy was academically gifted. He actually seemed very similar to Zach most of the time other then in relationships (especially with girls.) I think the big difference is that Jeremy found a passion in photography and then went with it full force. Zac didn't. His passion is soccer, thinking he can get by being a coach without school or any work.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    I'm not sure Jeremy was academically gifted. He actually seemed very similar to Zach most of the time other then in relationships (especially with girls.) I think the big difference is that Jeremy found a passion in photography and then went with it full force. Zac didn't. His passion is soccer, thinking he can get by being a coach without school or any work.
    Do you remember when Matt was trying to talk Jeremy into going to Wharton Business School for their MBA program. And all Jeremy cared about at that stage was getting a car.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    All the kids except for Zach seemed to be pretty academically gifted, even though the boys didn't always apply themselves. Both Matt and Amy always pushed higher education too. So, it's just amazing that Zach has zero intellectual curiosity. I'm not sure how he and his girlfriend get along. They seem so different. His maturity level is also so low. I would think it would be like dating a junior high student. His life skills and experience are about at that level too.
    Hmmm, I've always wondered about that too. It's pretty clear that Zach is lazy and unmotivated, and his only passion is in a field that is relatively hard to get into, especially for someone who --- okay, I'm going to say it, THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM - does not have the ideal physicality needed for a sport like soccer. And I have to wonder whether Zach, being the only little person of the four kids (and not being particularly attractive), especially being a twin to an extremely handsome, affiable, bright, charming, and motivated brother, whether that doesn't make him feel some resentment towards life, or whether he just feels sorry for himself.

It's also very possible that Zach has one of the many learning disabilities (as you mentioned up-thread, Debb) --- and if he does have a learning disability, combined with all of the above --- I could see why he might feel that it just isn't worth it to try really hard, cause he's just not going to get anywhere. Not that that's true! But I could see why Zach might feel that way, and why he might be giving up before he really gives himself a chance.

I think Zach probably does have a learning disability. I remember in the earlier seasons that he and Jer had to have tutoring before they could graduate hs. Also remember Zach having to take his learner's permit several times. At least he does have a job, and he isn't totally dependant on his parents. I used to love this show, but can't stand to watch it now. I feel like I'm watching another family implode.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

This season is better and no signs of imploding yet. I think they are on their best behavior. It's focused more on the farm, the kids and Rocky. Sad episode last night. Rocky was laid to rest. He was so beloved by the family.
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread