+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Oh wait I forgot, they do not know they have a child named Jacob. (sarcasm)
    Yeah, basically except for when Jacob got hurt a few seasons ago, he barely appears on the show. I think Molly even gets less screen time. Some of it for at least one of them could be a normal shy teenagers wish to hide from the cameras, but I don't think so.

Molly went away to college.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Molly went away to college.
    I know that, I meant over the entire run of the show and during the new season she is back on summer break.

Jacob is still there, right. He's about 16. Zack moved out last season to an apt nearby. He's attending community college and has a girlfriend. Jeremy is away at college in CA, but I saw a little last night and he said he was staying at home nad taking classes on line for the summer.

Yes they all returned to the farm for the summer (and the paycheck.) Jacob hasn't yet moved out of the house.
    petertracy likes this.

Yeah, the first episode was kind of fake when it comes to the wedding and the property, but I liked the love they share for Rocky. For those who couldn't watch, he didn't die, but no promises for next week.

You could tell that Rocky and Matt have a special bond. I don't think Matt's pain about Rocky's cancer was fake at all.

Maybe it's different on the west coast, but what real opportunities is Zack going to have with soccer if he doesn't have a college degree? Wouldn't high schools require him to have a teaching degree to coach soccer? Would a professional soccer team? I know that he had an internship with a professional soccer team in Oregon once before, but that isn't mentioned anymore. I mean, it's kind of sad for him to keep trying to keep soccer in his life, but no real plans to do it.

Did you notice that when Zack's girlffriend was talking about working for Matt, Zack made a derrogatory comment and his girlfriend changed the subject instantly? Apparently, she doesn't have issues with working with Matt. She just obtained her B.A. in teaching. I wonder how she tolerates Zack who hates school so much.

...You could tell that Rocky and Matt have a special bond. I don't think Matt's pain about Rocky's cancer was fake at all....
    I agree. The actions of Matt spoke volumes when he chose to lay down on the grass and cuddle with Rocky. He loved that dog! I believe the entire family truly loved that dog.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I can't imagine a school hiring ANYONE just to coach soccer. If you're a PE teacher, you have to teach all sports, and coach many of them as well. Just out of curiosity, I googled "soccer coaching jobs." Most are affiliated with schools or soccer clubs, and require a Bachelors Degree in PE.

I think Zach has heard Amy say, "You're wonderful and you can do anything you want to do," a lot. And he never realized that that means WITH THE APPROPRIATE EDUCATION.

I wonder if Zack's girlfriend has offered to tutor him and help him get through school. Or maybe she's too busy actually finishing her classes and working part-time, like most students (who aren't as wonderful as Zack) have to do.

He's old enough to be getting his act together.
    captain likes this.

That's what I thought about coaching soccer. A couple of seasons ago, Zach looked into what it takes to become a soccer coach. He knows. I think he just is not ambitious enough to get a degree so that he can coach soccer. He needs to stop talking about how much he's trying to work coaching soccer, when there is no way he can do it as long as he refuses to get a college degree. Even if he finishes up at the community college with a two year degree, he would still have to attend a 4 year college and finish up. I did that. I got an associate's and some of the credits did transfer, but not nearly as much as you might think. I was able to graduate in 3 years with a B.S. at the university, but I took full loads and went to a double summer session.

I guess Zack just can't let go of that soccer dream, because it's really all he's ever had.
    AZChristian likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Around here, non-teachers are routinely hired as coaches. When my daughter was on the high school softball team, the varsity coach owned some dry cleaning stores; the JV coach was a plumber. My son's volleyball coach was a kid just out of college who worked part time in IT. I just remembered - one of my brother's is currently the varsity baseball coach where he lives - and he's a dentist (edited to add: and last year he was coach of the year for the county and his team was undefeated!). On the other hand, the varsity football coach is a PE teacher at the school. These coaching spots were all paid positions. One of my sons was an assistant softball coach at a college and he doesn't have a college degree.

I think if Zack's good, he could find a spot in soccer, but he'd be wise to have something to fall back on as it's very difficult to find full-time coaching jobs. I'm more familiar with the football model, but presume soccer's the same. Many coaches start out as high school coaches. If they're good - and lucky - they get hired for a college coaching position. And from there, some move on to the NFL.

The University of Oregon has a sports business degree (one of my nephews just graduated with one). If Zack did that, if coaching didn't work out for him, he could maybe find a job on the business end of soccer.

+ Reply to Thread