+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

I just couldn't get over how no one would help Matt in getting to the van. They all just sat in the van and whined about how late they were running. Why wasn't Amy or one of the kids staying with him and making sure he could get from the room to the van. Sheesh.
    tinderbox and Imperfect1 like this.

Part of the poor treatment of Matt may be staged, but I think that Amy has done a good job over the years to teach the kids that anything coming from Matt is to be dishonored and scorned, unless it's a check into their bank account.

If they are trying to get new ideas for the show, then I would suggest that Amy have an encounter with someone who calls her on her crap, whether it be a fan, one of her friends, or a therapist. I would like someone to tell her in detail the huge mistakes she has made. It's documented on tape.

She can rattle off Matt's mistakes very quickly and very loudly, but no one seems to confront her. Not even Matt. He just praises her for doing a good job with the kids. REally? She screwed up a lot and no one seems to care. Okay. I had to get that out.

It's not that I despise Amy. I just think she needs to accept some responsiblity for her actions over the years, as well as her behavior now.

Until reading here, I had never connected Matt's DUI with him having a drinking problem. But after reading here and finally watching the show, I noticed at the final dinner in Costa Rica and they were toasting each other and the trip, Matt made a joke about his glass only had water in it. And then he emphasized that. That in itself says a lot to me. No one would do that if there wasn't an alcohol issue in the past.
    Atho if I was married to Amy, I'd probably drink also!

I think that Matt was actually found not guilty of the DWI that was so publicized, though, that doesn't mean he was innocent. I would imagine that for a person Matt's size to become intoxicated they would only need a small amount of alcohol. He probably weighs under 60 pounds.

If he does have a drinking problem, I'm sure it was difficult for the entire family. And if that was the case, then Amy handled in ways that seemed counter productive. I have noticed that she's an avid drinker too.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Until reading here, I had never connected Matt's DUI with him having a drinking problem. But after reading here and finally watching the show, I noticed at the final dinner in Costa Rica and they were toasting each other and the trip, Matt made a joke about his glass only had water in it. And then he emphasized that. That in itself says a lot to me. No one would do that if there wasn't an alcohol issue in the past.
    Atho if I was married to Amy, I'd probably drink also!
    I didn't know about Matt's drinking problem, but I did notice Matt's comment about drinking water --- but didn't understand it, at the time. And I agree, DL, that Amy's treatment of him sure doesn't help the situation. I don't think that Amy would ever allow her behavior to be the subject of an episode. Her ego is WAY too big for that, and besides, she thinks she's right, and that there's nothing wrong with her. . . just Matt!

I also got the feeling that Matt had a drinking problem. A couple of seasons ago, when Zach was being especially hostile to him, there was a scene when Matt was in his office and Amy said something like, "He's had too much." It was right after the DUI and it stood out as telling.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Little People, Big World: TLC

New Season starts Tuesday, OCTOBER 29th!!!
    KAREN

I thought they were not doing "seasons" any more, just specials now and then. I guess the money has become a necessity.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I thought they were not doing "seasons" any more, just specials now and then. I guess the money has become a necessity.
    I thought the same thing BUT they are calling this a 'season' so I am guessing its going to be more than a special.
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Oh goody. Now we get to watch a whole season of Amy feeling misunderstood, Matt feeling sad, and Amy making Matt feel like cra*p.
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread