+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Dang, I missed it! Was there any talk about counseling or some kind of proactive movement toward saving the marriage?

I didn't hear anything mentioned about professional counseling. My guess is that will be the next special. lol

They explained how Matt and Amy have been living for some time. Matt built a separate office that is 120 feet from their home. It's quite large and it appears that he has a couch, bathroom, etc. in that office. So, he spends MOST of his time there, away from Amy. Matt says he thrives on running the farm. He told Amy to her face that he built the office separate from the house because the house was so messy and disorganized that he could not work there. She didn't deny it. She just doesn't think that's a problem. She calls it the lived in look. Matt calls it being disrespectful of the house.

I can see both sides, but whenever I start thinking about what Amy has contributed to the situation, I think back on how verbally abusive she used to be and how she poisoned the kids against Matt. It was really uncalled for and I don't think she thinks she was in the wrong at all. AND she never had any concern for the house, furniture, etc. She is definitely borderline hoarder. She will get worse, not better.

Then we have Matt who is a dreamer, workaholic, etc. He won't change either. They are both fed up with the other, but Amy just despises Matt. Her attempts to pretend she loves him are not believable.

The worse part was Jacob talking about how he spends most of his time in his room alone, because he has no interest in hearing his parents arguing about things that don't concern him. They do not have a happy family anymore.

I wish they could figure a way to find some happiness, but I just don't see it. I think they might both be much happier with different mates.
    march and Imperfect1 like this.

NEW EPISODE tonight! I just happened to catch it!

TLC repeats allot so if you missed it tonight, look on their schedule when it's on again.

Matt and Amy are trying hard to motivate Jacob who seems in a rut of sorts.

Matt is making a wine cellar on the farm.

Amy is looking for work. Possibly something in the 'teaching' field.
    KAREN

I saw a little of it. I recorded though, so, I can catch the entire thing later this week.

Did Amy say why she wants to teach at a local school? Certainly, she makes more money doing personal appearances. She's been doing motivational speaking for quite awhile now. Did she say if she wants to stop traveling? Her idea for a class seemed good.

Did they say if Jacob is in therapy? He seems to need someone to open up to.

Two ‘Little People. Big World’ Specials to Premiere Tuesday Jully 23 & July 30 on TLC - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

Hi Debb, yes they have two back to back Specials. Another one airs next Tuesday.

Home

Here is the link to where Amy will be teaching. She wanted to do more now that 3 of the kiddos are gone. She said that if she does any work with Matt, they always seem to butt heads.
    So she decided to look for her own job. As she started researching online, she decided she always loved teaching.

As far as Jacob, nope, no mention of therapy at all. He is very quiet and keeps to himself allot. Plays allot of video games or is sleeping when not in school. Just (to me) not typical of his age group. His grades in school were awful and he was getting detentions for being tardy. Matt and Amy said 'no license' until you bring your grades up to a 3.0. Gawd, they are such enablers. Jacob took a physics test, got an A and because his average was an F, he now has a C in just that class (he states). What do they do, yup, NOW you can get your license……………???????? I am sure a C on ONE test is not an overall 3.0.
    KAREN

I do not know why they would be concerned about Jacob now, they never were in the past.
    AZChristian likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I watched the show last night.

Yeah, Jacob seems to need some counseling. Of course, if they watched their last special, they would know that. Maybe he gets it, but they don't share that info. ??

I still think that revelation to start teaching was done for the show. I bet it was a one time class for one semester. I just can't see Amy giving up motivational speaking. She gets to travel, get paid a lot of money and most importantly, get away from Matt. lol She can't hide how much she loathes the guy. No wonder Jacob is miserable. Living in a house where you mom detests your dad must be painful.

I read this online yesterday.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Rocky died peacefully yesterday.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Debb - I read the spoiler at least a week ago.

I agree - Amy is less and less successful in hiding how much she dislikes Matt these days. While we were watching it, hubby and I discussed how much better it is that a couple takes positive advantage of more free time (and disposable cash) together when the kids leave home. We are having a blast. But then, we not only love each other, we're each other's BFF (and we have the matching shirts to prove it).
    momrek06 likes this.

Matching T-shirts! That's great!

Does Amy have a real, bonafide teaching degree? Or did she have something like an associate arts 2-year degree to teach preschool?

+ Reply to Thread