+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

NEW EPISODE TONIGHT MARCH 19, 2013 on TLC @10pm E

Little People, Big World: Conquering Mount St. Helens

With three of four kids out of the house, Amy is feeling restless and decides to take on the challenge of climbing Mount St. Helens.

Meanwhile, Matt secretly builds Amy a schoolhouse as a special gift. It's apparent that neither has plans to slow down.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    NEW EPISODE TONIGHT MARCH 19, 2013 on TLC @10pm E

Little People, Big World: Conquering Mount St. Helens

With three of four kids out of the house, Amy is feeling restless and decides to take on the challenge of climbing Mount St. Helens.

Meanwhile, Matt secretly builds Amy a schoolhouse as a special gift. It's apparent that neither has plans to slow down.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    now I'm wondering why Matt would build Amy a "schoolhouse?"

As much as Amy can get on my nerves I must give her a ton of credit for making that climb. Kudos to her.... (and Zach)

finally watched this. Good for Amy! And Zach...great for them to have done it together. Zach seems more confident and comfortable with his mom.
    And Amy, finally, wasn't mean to Matt. She was actually very pleased with his gift of the little school house.
    Finally a good show.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I agree, but isn't it a shame that a lot of what made it such a good episode was that: Amy was in a good mood because she had a huge goal to focus on, and she was away from the house and away from Matt for most of the episode, and when she got back, she really seemed to like the gift that Matt made for her.

I feel so sad for Matt. Not only is it becoming more and more difficult for him to physically get around (as opposed to Amy who seems to be extremely physically fit and able to function really well), but he wants to connect with Amy on so many levels and she's just not interested. I'm so glad he's got all of his building projects on the farm, cause he sure seems to love them a lot.

We're definitely in agreement here, Imperfect1....as usual. Yes, you're right..part of what made this good was thankfully Amy was happy and doing something for herself.
    That's a big desire of hers...to be acknowledged as someone special for just herself. I think Matt gets a lot of blame for the anger she has inside. I wish she was happier.
    Matt does seem to be having more physical problems but you gotta love his excitement and enthusiasm. That must bother Amy also.
    Amy's problem is Amy but I don't think she realizes this.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm just reflecting on Amy and her struggle to find something to "do" --- and it just struck me as so ironic, that we're talking about an educated woman (college degree and former pre-school teacher) who, for the last 7 years, since 2006, has been a co-star of a multi-year successful tv/reality show, who is an actual 'philanthropist' (she founded the Amy Roloff Charity Foundation which makes use of her celebrity by benefitting the needs of kids, at-risk youths, and disability groups), who also helped fund an organization for foster care families, low-income senior housing, and a homeless shelter, who travels all over for frequent speaking engagements, who recently started part-time soccer coaching, who co-manages many (or maybe all) of the events on the Roloff farm, runs a big gorgeous house, is the mother of four great teenagers/young adults, and (reluctantly, probably) is still the wife of a man with lots of dreams and goals of his own -- and one who loves and adores her. How many of us would LOVE to have such a life!!!! I certainly would!!!

I think Amy was overwhelmed with emotion with her accomplishment of climbing that mountain. I do wonder how much of the decision to do it was actual boredom and discontentment vs. the need for a storyline for the show. We can only watch her do fundraising and public speaking so many times. I didn't hear any mention of the wedding business. Did anyone? I think that was just an idea for the show too. I don't fault them. I guess they make at least $100,000. for each episode. That's not bad.

That special last night about Matt and Amy possibly separating was really depressing! OMG! It's as bad as I thought. My DVR cut off just before the final words, but I think they are still hanging in there. It's a bitter marriage though. Something needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That special last night about Matt and Amy possibly separating was really depressing! OMG! It's as bad as I thought. My DVR cut off just before the final words, but I think they are still hanging in there. It's a bitter marriage though. Something needs to change.
    You took the words right out of my mouth, Debb. It was really hard to watch this episode. We've all seen it coming for a long time, but now it's completely out in the open. What's particularly sad to me is that, as frustrated as Matt is with Amy, it's pretty clear that he still loves her. And for him, there's definitely hope. But, on the other hand, Amy just can't stand Matt. Period. Every look she gives him --- every word that she says to him -- it's all just filled with disgust and dislike. Even their kids see it. It's really sad.

+ Reply to Thread