+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    IMO it looked like Amy would set it up so the kids would attack their dad. If the kids did something very wrong, dangerous, etc., and Matt said one word to them, Amy would jump on the kid's side and attack Matt. Matt always said he couldn't correct the children because of Amy and he was right. At least that's how it looked on tv.

Recall when Jacob and Zach burned a table in the family room? It was property damage and dangerous, but when Matt took issue, Amy was furious with Matt. She thought it wasn't a big deal. There are so many times things like that happened. Amy was always, her and the kids against Matt. She had Zack so hateful of his dad that they barely spoke. For all of Matt's faults, I don't think he deserved that.
    You are so right, Debb!

The kiddos would actually DO something dumb and stupid and idiotic and Amy looks the other way.

Matt THINKS of some dumb ideas and Amy is SCREAMING at him.

Sheesh.

One day, the kiddos will all sit down and watch all these seasons of BWLP and will notice how their Mom treated their Dad.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

Yes. I have always thought that Amy wasn't doing the kids any favors by taking up for their crap, tolerating totally horrible behavior, doing everything for them or being a witch to Matt.

I wonder how Zach really treats his girlfriend. I do notice that he is always walking ahead of her when they are on a date. Have you noticed that? It's rather rude, IMO. He has even commented on it.

Did anyone catch the girl that was with Jeremy at their parent's anniversity party? Was she his date, girlfriend, cousin, ??? I must have missed that part, but I do recall seeing her in the scenes and sitting with Jer at the family table.

Did anyone catch the girl that was with Jeremy at their parent's anniversity party? Was she his date, girlfriend, cousin, ??? I must have missed that part, but I do recall seeing her in the scenes and sitting with Jer at the family table.
    It was mentioned thas she's his girlfriend.

|

Okay, that's good.

I hope he treats her well and that he and Zack learn to do laundry, clean room, etc. For those parents who allow kids to never clean their space up: You make your child despised in the real world. Roommates hate them, it creates arugments and resentment with lovers. It's just bad news. It's like handicapping a person, IMO.

I wonder how Zach really treats his girlfriend. I do notice that he is always walking ahead of her when they are on a date. Have you noticed that? It's rather rude, IMO. He has even commented on it.
    I also noticed his behavior with his girlfriend....She is so attractive and seems so nice...I often wonder why he sort of ignores her...maybe we're just shown one side...as probably always...
    But I think we all have come to the conclusion that we suspected all along...that Amy is just plain not nice...she's full of anger...isn't fulfilled presently and takes it out always on Matt.
    This season, I have really felt pity for Matt...I know he has crazy outlandish ideas and spends far too much money on them but he seems awfully nice and patient. They don't look like they are poor...They have an awful lot of "Stuff." It's everywhere!
    I'm not sure that the kids see the differences in their parents at this present time....I think they will though...someday.
    momrek06 and Imperfect1 like this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I feel sorry for Zach, and I think the 'elephant in the room' that nobody wants to talk about, is that it must be hard for him being the only small sized child in the family, and a not-very attractive child at that, and the twin of an absolutely terrific, gorgeous (inside and out) brother. And if that weren't bad enough, Zach doesn't seem to be particularly bright, capable, motivated, or very interesting. In fact, if truth be told, he seems to be kind of a lazy slacker without any real hopes or ambitions (except possibly having to do with soccer), and he's completely lacking the willingness to be a really hard worker who will get out there and make his life something terrific.

And if all that weren't difficult enough, I don't think he has a clue how to be a good boyfriend. In fact, I'm surprised that his girlfriend is still with him, because he doesn't treat her very well and he doesn't seem to have much of anything positive to offer anybody.

I keep hoping that something will 'spark' a passion in him and he will kind of wake up and suddenly start working really hard at some goal --- but so far, (except for that little bit of volunteer work he did for the soccer team) it sure doesn't look like that's going to happen. He doesn't even seem to be willing to take up the gauntlet of being the 'heir' to the running of the farm --- which is being offered to him on a silver platter and he doesn't even want it.

Yeah, I think that Zach was coddled too much by Amy growing up and that he is not going to recover from it. Jeremy found his passion and was always more outgoing than Zack, so he has branched out. It looks like he may be able to have a career in photography or some related field.

Zack was always allowed to slack off in everything. Amy just would hardly ever hold him accountable. I would be shocked if he is even able to graduate from the community college. Not because he's not smart, but because he doesn't seem to have the drive to push through. I'm shocked he is still working at the gym. He greets members, empties the trash, makes the coffee, etc. It's a job, so I can't fault him for that. Maybe that's just who he is and there isn't any more. Some people just aren't deep.

I do suspect that all the kids will either treat their spouse/partner the way Amy treated Matt or the way Matt treated Amy.

I suspect that Zack is simply a late bloomer. Watching him closely over the years, he's the most emotionally sensitive of the kids, and he's conscientious. Those are traits that will serve him well. Jacob, on the other hand, is a bit of a cypher. Perhaps it's because the storylines haven't focused on him, but I can't see a personality there at all.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I have to agree to disagree about Zach. I think he is a very selfish child. If he does not get his way he will throw a tantrum. Amy has babied him way too long. He will grow up to be just like her, unhappy in life.
    There's no place like home!

Yeah, I think that Zach was coddled too much by Amy growing up and that he is not going to recover from it. Jeremy found his passion and was always more outgoing than Zack, so he has branched out. It looks like he may be able to have a career in photography or some related field.
    I think Jeremy is very lucky to 1. to have discovered his passion...esp at such a young age and 2. I think his visibility and "fame" will help him incredibly with fulfilling that passion. If he's smart he will use this opportunity to really get his name out there as a photographer. Nothing wrong with using the opportunities you are handed. Zach should try to use his fame in some way also but he seems so unmotivated about everything. Molly doesn't need to use it with how well she does w/her education and Jeremy is still a mystery to most of us.

+ Reply to Thread