+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    Do you think the Roloff kids got paid for doing the show for the past 7 years? I noticed Matt said they needed the wedding business to do well so they can pay for the kids colleges. After 7 years the kids should have fat bank accounts. I'm sure they could easily pay for their own.

I am guessing the kiddos got some compensation. Unless they were paid as a whole family? No clue.

But that last scene with Matt whining that if this "wedding farm" does not take off they could possibly lose the farm. Come on now, they did this to themselves OR MATT did.

Expanding that house cost them TONS of money. Amy seemed very happy with the size of it before Matt started that MASSIVE renovation.

I know that Amy does allot of public speaking and doesn't she have a cook book out there ???
    KAREN

I suspect that much of the poor mouthing as it is called around here, is added for drama on the show. Without some drama, the show is rather boring. They have always poor mouthed.

If you recall when the show first aired, Matt had gone back to work as a salesman with a computer company. He had to fly all around the world for his job. He spent little time at home and Amy LOvED it.. The guy could barely walk, but he had to get on a flight with his equipment, brief case, luggage, laptop, etc. Amy PUSHED it hard. She was all over his case about how he HAD to do it. It was clear that Matt would have qualified for disability, even then. I have never heard anything from Amy but money.

To be fair though, Matt is a spender. He has big dreams and believes in investing big for things he believe in. I do think Matt made some good decisions. He pushed the Pumpkin Farm idea and Amy was AGAINST it. Turns out, it was very successful. They made lots of money on it.

It was Matt's idea to do the tv show too. That also brought them money and advertising for the farm. People go there from all around the world and they have lines miles long to get in. So, while I can see Amy being concerned over the spending, Matt is right a lot.

I watched the episode about starting the wedding venue. I think that most of that poor mouthing is for the show. They have to give the viewer a reason to be invested in seeing the wedding venue succeed. It's always been something they were going to go broke over. Now this.

The verbal banter between Amy and Matt is so old. It was actually mild compared to what it used to be like. In the old days, the kids would join in and abuse Matt. And back then Amy looked forward to jumping on Matt for anything she could. Yes, I know Matt can push her buttons, but come on. Amy lives a very leisured life that she would not have if not for Matt and his dreaming. She seems to forget that. Still, I'm liking her more this season....so far.

I cried at Molly's graduation. It was so touching. I don't think any of that was fake. lol

I think the wedding venue will do well. Due to that show, the Roloffs have fans all around the world and they travel just to visit them at the Roloff pumpkin farm. I think they will get the same kind of reception at the wedding venue.

I look forward to this season.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm watching the second episode. I understand Amy's frustration that she thinks Matt isn't listening to her. But all she ever says is negative stuff, so I can't blame him for tuning her out. She is not coming off very well this season.

I was happy that wedding turned out so well. I had my doubts, but it really looked great, if you like that kind of thing. (I'm not much on rustic wedding venues, but this could change my mind.)

In the end, the family came together to make the thing work, though I think the grass drama was edited and contrived. NO WAY that grass grew that much and turned that green within 1 day. LOL

I liked that PSA about young people wrecking and losing their lives. It's epidemic around here. Usually high speed, inexperienced drives and rural roads. So sad.

I'm enjoying this season so far.

I love this family...have enjoyed watching the kids grow up, etc
    But I'm really disliking Amy's behavior this year...thought she was pretty bad the last season but sheesh, she's really becoming a huge Grouch to Matt. I'm not saying Matt does the right thing...I think he'd be hard to live with and his big expensive dreams.
    Makes me wonder why Amy stays in the marriage.......seems like she has nothing nice to say about or to Matt.
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I love this family...have enjoyed watching the kids grow up, etc
    But I'm really disliking Amy's behavior this year...thought she was pretty bad the last season but sheesh, she's really becoming a huge Grouch to Matt. I'm not saying Matt does the right thing...I think he'd be hard to live with and his big expensive dreams.
    Makes me wonder why Amy stays in the marriage.......seems like she has nothing nice to say about or to Matt.
    There are some who may think that she's just doing this because TPTB want some "drama" . . . and with less kids around, there's less opportunity for that. But I must say, there's not enough money in this world to make me behave this way toward my husband (my best friend), demeaning him in front of the entire world. If she has any love or respect for him at all, I just can't see how she can behave this way to him.
    nanarama and Debb70 like this.

IMO, Amy got her harsh behavior from her dad. Do you recall this one holiday that her dad showed up and went walking around the property with Matt? All he could do was criticize. He whinned about everything. Nothing was up to his standards. Matt and Amy have come a long way from their humble beginnings, and it's mainly due to the ambition of Matt, with Amy kicking and screaming every step of the way. Her dad has been better, since then when on camera, but I think he showed his true colors in the beginning and I suspect that is where Amy her attitude from.

Matt's parents are wonderful people. They are tops in my book. I hope we see more and more of them. I still say they pulled out from their appearances when the witching by Amy got so bad a few seasons ago. The verbal abuse from Amy AND the kids was terrible. I don't blame them.

Debb - I had forgotten about that! You're absolutely right.

My mother was very much like that. Not only was the glass empty, it was dirty and cracked. I started out like that, but came to realize as an adult that she was a miserable person, and I would be, too, if I continued to choose to be like her.

Life is much better since I made the decision to be grateful and look for blessings instead of choosing to be negative.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Debb - I had forgotten about that! You're absolutely right.

My mother was very much like that. Not only was the glass empty, it was dirty and cracked. I started out like that, but came to realize as an adult that she was a miserable person, and I would be, too, if I continued to choose to be like her.

Life is much better since I made the decision to be grateful and look for blessings instead of choosing to be negative.
    Wonderful post, AZChristian! I can totally relate, having the same kind of mother....but, like you, it taught me how NOT to behave. Life is so much better when you enjoy and are grateful for the good parts. I think that the more we are happy about, the more happy things come our way. When we think negatively, we block the good stuff.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread