+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

FORT Fan

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Please tell us more about the Pumpkin farm. I have relatives on the west coast and have considered visiting the Roloff farm when I go out there. Just an idea. I think it would be fun, depending on how long the lines are and how pricy it is.
    I went with my husband as we've watched the show since the beginning and we thought it might be fun to see what the farm really looks like. We honestly weren't expecting much, I've visited, seen and done a lot of things and it takes an awful lot to impress the both of us. Well I was blown away. We didn't realize it at the time but we went the day after Matt's 50th birthday and it was very quiet. We saw the whole family and their friends except for Jeremy and Amy. Matt's parents greet you as you get off the tour in western town, you can tell they are very proud of the family and talked about Matt and the children non-stop. Jeremy's friend Mueller drove us around the farm and their friend Sarah did the tour. I was taken aback at how clean every where looks, and I understood straight away why Zach is in no hurray to leave. The quality of everything built there looks completely professional and like something you would see at Disney theme park, their house from outside is very grand, the atmosphere on the farm was lovely and it was all free, I think they charged a couple of dollars to park and then a very small amount to do the tour. They had an exotic petting zoo which included a cub tiger. There is a free photo area set up with Matt so you can snap a picture and have a chat with him before you leave. It was so good that we are planning to go back this pumpkin season.
    AZChristian and Debb70 like this.

I also like Matt ...yes, he's a pain sometimes with his big dreams but I think it's great that he's accomplished so much and he's always had a job too besides the farm.
    You can easily understand why he's soo driven.

I don't remember Amy and the kids being verbally mean about Matt but I probably just don't remember. I know Amy said a lot in her interviews and it seemed obvious that there were some difficult times in the marriage.
    I like them all...a lot! But I was saddened and disappointed how she missed Matt's 50th birthday....surely when she accepted the date to speak somewhere, it must have rang a bell in her head that it was Matt's birthday!! I don't know how you "get confused" or make a mistake about that. Not having been married that long.
    But I'm just being picky.

Thanks Diamond78 for that wonderful story of your trip to the Roloff farm! It sounds great! I think I would really enjoy it. I'm not sure if any of the kids will be coming along for my trip, but it would be perfect if they do.

Ref. Amy and the kids verbally abusing Matt. OMG! Don't get me started. I have tried to forget about it, but it used to be quite intolerable. The boys, mainly, Jeremy and Zach would talk to Matt like a dog. They would yell at him, tell him to shut up, tell him he was stupid, etc. AND the worst thing is that Amy wouild egg them on and support them, talking their side whenever possible.

If there was an activity on vacation that was not accesible to Matt due to his mobility issue, that's the one Amy would want to do the most and then witch about how horrible Matt was for not joining them. If Matt took her to a nice place for dinner, she would sit there all witchy and when Matt would compliment her looks, dress, etc. she would snark at him and shut him down flat. If the kids did something really bad or dangerous, Matt would try to deal with them, but Amy would defend the kids and attack Matt. I could go on and on.

I realize all families have issues, but regardless of how Matt is a driven dreamer, there was no justification to treat him the way they did. I can't even imagine my mother displaying that kind of disrepect to my father for even 30 seconds, let alone regularly for YEARS. Oh well, like I said. I try to forget it. I haven't seen much of it on the last few specials. Maybe they have turned over a new leaf. I hope so.
    AZChristian likes this.

I have to agree with you Deb. I have to wonder if Amy finally woke up and saw how she was acting in some of the final episodes and committed to change. (The fact that she forgot his 50th birthday and scheduled a work event boggles my mind and speaks of passive aggressive behavior.) They could have even used some of the time they've been away from the cameras to get some counseling. Relationships change as our kids get older, but it's important to take stock and see if there is anything worth working through.
    One thing I noticed is when they went on the roadtrip for Amy's birthday they commented how rare the occasion was for them to spend the time together alone. I think it's important to spend time together and find common interests all through your marriage - even, and especially, when your children are younger - so you don't find yourself with an empty nest saying, "Who are you again?"
    I hope the marriage can be saved. There's is almost always fault on both sides when there are relationship problems, but from what we've been shown, it doesn't appear to be anything that can't be worked out.
    Debb70 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Maybe Amy saw what happened to Kate Gosselin, who thought she was "all that and a bag of chips" and could carry a show (and a whole lot more "celebrity") regardless of her marital state. What Kate hopefully learned was that the "real her" came through and that nobody except her (and maybe Steve) were willing to put up with her diva-ness. I almost think Amy was beginning to come out of her shell as a result of LPBW, but was smart enough to see that there's a limit as to how much the world will tolerate of someone who becomes TOO self-important.

It does appear that Amy has dialed it back a bit this season - thank goodness. I still think she made some unkind comments to Matt, considering how hard it worked to make her birthday trip all about HER bucket list, and he stood back and let her try many of the things she's always dreamed of.

I still had to laugh, though. Even after seeing how much work a Bed and Breakfast is - and seeing that her house is still pretty messy and disorganized (although better) - she still thinks she could run a B&B. Not without a LOT of help, Amy.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Newbie

I am shocked that you would bash Amy. I don't know if I could ever put up with Matt I find him to be self serving, you must go back a few season to see, he didn't care about anyone else's interests.

Holy cow! There's some powerful feelings here about Matt and Amy. I know I was late watching the show...it had been on a couple years before I started watching.
    So I might have missed all that about Amy and the kids. That really changes my mind about them.
    I think it's obvious that Amy was done with Matt a long time ago but doesn't want to go it alone, for whatever her reasons.
    Sometimes it's better to part than to be cruel to each other by staying together.

I didn't intend to bash Amy. I actually think she has some wonderful qualities about her and I can understand some of her frustration with Matt. He has a very unrealistic streak. I know that would be challenging, however, her behavior was still over the top and unacceptable, IMO. What Amy doesn't realize is that her kids will consider her treatment of Matt as okay and go on to treat their spouses/partners that way, since that is what they are used to.
    momrek06, nanarama and AZChristian like this.

LITTLE PEOPLE ARE RETURNING!!! TUESDAY, NOVEMBER, 13th @9pm on TLC

Little People, Big World, WEDDING FARM!
    The beloved Roloff family husband and wife Matt and Amy, and their children Jeremy, Zach, Molly, and Jacob are back!

Matt and Amy are making their dreams come true by turning their farm into a wedding venue! New episodes start November 13 @ 9|8c.

Little People, Big World: TLC
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

OMG. Is this a special or are they starting back with a new series?

+ Reply to Thread