+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

I saw Ronald and Sebastian in the clip! It kind of surprised me that they'd gotten such big roles. I figured it was stunt casting so the movie could be promoted through Pit Boss (in my opinion, one of the most staged reality shows on TV), and because Ronald can't act. But it must have been legit, given the caliber of the cast.
    Debb70 likes this.

I'm thinking about seeing the movie with Ronald and Sebastian! I wonder how much they got paid? It will look good on a resume too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for that link Momrek06! I have become quite protective over little people. I think the shows about them have helped educate me.

I also like to watch Pit Bull Rescue. (It's off season right now.) It's about Shorty, also a dwarf actor, who runs a pit bull rescue and talent agency, mainly for little people. He also employs 3 little people, two of whom were just used in the Julia Roberts, Snow White movie!
    Debb, ITA, I love the little people of this world. We used to live in NYC and I loved how every Christmas the Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall had many many little people in the show. And that show runs from early Nov through to Jan.

I love PIT BOSS. We have watched every season. Love Ashley, Ronald and Sebastian. Shorty is a riot. Always screaming at them but loves them all! I will say in reference to the show, I was not happy with the episode where Shorty broke into someone's LA home because Shorty thought she had gone to Europe and left her dog alone. Ugh. That was not good.
    KAREN

I think about 99% of the stories on Pit Boss are scripted. I don't think for a moment those rescues are real. IMO they are all set up in advance. I still enjoy them, but I don't believe them. I don't buy the stories about them quitting, getting fired, etc. either, but I find the show entertaining. I think many of those people who pretend to be the owners of pit bulls are actors playing a part. I think the show runs a disclaimer about it too in the credits of the show.

How did you like LPBW last night? It was rather sweet. I have never seen Matt and Amy so calm and happy. Amy held her tongue, but she had to considering how nice he was to her.

Anyone get the feeling they may be coming back for another regular show?
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-11-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Talking about scripted, how scripted did people think the "lost dog" scenes were back at the farm? To me it sounded like just a way to have Zack, Jeremy, etc. in the episode.

As for whether the series will be back, I don't think so. I have a feeling the Roloffs saw the problems associated with having a camera crew around all the time. I bet they are happier just having the money come in for the occasional specials.

Yeah, the lost dog storyline was pretty lame. I think there is some small truth, such as he probably has disappeared before long ago, but at his age and condition, come on......LOL.

The reason I think that the Roloffs may want another season on TLC is money. If they can make around $75,000.00 per episode, I can see how they want to do it for college, retirement, etc,. I know that when they left the show, Matt made a statement that sounded like it was their decision, but I heard otherwise. Not sure which is true. He may have been trying to save face.

Yep, a lot of scenes were pure drama re Rocky...especially Zack walking all over that HUGE farm, looking for Rocky. Since when did anyone of them "walk" around the farm. They're always in some kind of vehicle.
    But I still liked the show....enjoyed seeing Matt and Amy at a happier place and very understandable how a couple can grow apart while raising a family. Then hearing how short their courtship was also adds to maybe they later realized some real differences in each other that weren't apparent in that short time. To me, this just makes them more admirable because they believe in commitment, values and family.
    I loved the older kids teaching Jacob how to drive....just the way they did it, showed me that Matt and Amy did a good job at raising them....even though they were kind of slobs.

I have had my issues with the Roloffs almost since the beginning of the series, but there was always something about them that kept me watching.

I probably liked Matt more than most viewers. He has obtained quite a bit of flack over the years. Many viewers really dislike the guy. I don't get it. I know he may be a dreamer, but he's been right about a lot of his wild ideas. IMO Matt has demonstrated such courage and motivation in making a life for him and his family, despite his disability and the constant pain. He's a huge inspiration for me. I guess I chose to ignore the negatives about the family and focus on the big picture.

Awhile back I was very disturbed by the disrespect and verbal abuse from Amy and the kids towards Matt. I found that difficult to tolerate. When I watch it now, I try not to think about it.
    RoxyKnox likes this.

FORT Fan

I met matt when I toured his farm last year for pumpkin season. In person he is extremely charismatic and I liked him a lot more than how he comes off on TV.
    Debb70 likes this.

Please tell us more about the Pumpkin farm. I have relatives on the west coast and have considered visiting the Roloff farm when I go out there. Just an idea. I think it would be fun, depending on how long the lines are and how pricy it is.

+ Reply to Thread