+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

I recorded last night to watch later. I did catch the last part of the show. I'll save my impressions until I watch it all.

I think this episode was much better then the last special that was totally Matt-centric.

I wonder whether Zac would have gotten the chance to interview with the GM of the soccer team and be an intern at the event if he didn't have the camera with him. Makes me wonder if that is one of the reasons why this special existed. Without the camera, soccer team doesn't answer calls, with cameras, the doors open.

FORT Fan

I felt like the whole show was a pilot to see if Zach could carry off a show on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I felt like the whole show was a pilot to see if Zach could carry off a show on his own.
    I doubt they would go that route, Zac by himself is way to boring to carry an entire episode by himself. Not a dig against him. Most of us would be to boring to watch for an entire episode unless we had producers lining up experiences for us. Perfect example of that "An Idiot Abroad" if Carl didn't have Ricky paying for and lining up interesting experiences Carl would be very boring to watch.

For those of us that love watching THE ROLOFF'S, they have a Special this Sunday, June 10th, TLC, 8pm

Little People, Big World: TLC
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Thanks for the heads up! I must not pay attention when I watch TV, as I hardly ever pick up on these things in advance.

This will be so interesting. I do wonder about them every once in awhile, especially whenever I see a pumpkin or a little person. LOL

Did you hear about the recent protest over the movie The Huntsman? They didn't use little people in those roles, but instead used regular sized people and had them digitally shortened. It'a free country, but I can see their point.

When they were casting the dwarf roles, you know that someone spoke up and said, we are going to be criticized if we don't use little people. There was another protest of something similar years ago. So, they made the decision to NOT case little people and I have no idea why. I think real little people would have been more interesting. And it would have been less work on editing. I wasn't planning on seeing the movie anyway.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I must not pay attention when I watch TV, as I hardly ever pick up on these things in advance.

This will be so interesting. I do wonder about them every once in awhile, especially whenever I see a pumpkin or a little person. LOL

Did you hear about the recent protest over the movie The Huntsman? They didn't use little people in those roles, but instead used regular sized people and had them digitally shortened. It'a free country, but I can see their point.

When they were casting the dwarf roles, you know that someone spoke up and said, we are going to be criticized if we don't use little people. There was another protest of something similar years ago. So, they made the decision to NOT case little people and I have no idea why. I think real little people would have been more interesting. And it would have been less work on editing. I wasn't planning on seeing the movie anyway.
    Debb, I usually watch everything off my DVR hence me FFing through commericals but every now and then I get busy and don't hit the remote. And I think I was watching Sister Wives and saw the Ad for The Roloff's Special.

Wow, I think I did hear something about The Huntsman but did not get all the details. Sheesh, well that is dumb. There are allot of little people that are in the acting world. Sheesh. Not to consider them and digitally shrink people for the roles of little people ugh.
    Allie likes this.
    KAREN

The little people in protest say that using regular people to play the parts of dwarfs is like casting a white person to play a black person and then digitally coloring their skin in editing. I'm not sure if it's that severe, but I get the point. There are so few roles for little people, that one would think playing a dwarf would be an opportunity. So to stiff them out of the job, seems kind of cruel.
    momrek06 likes this.

Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

Thanks for that link Momrek06! I have become quite protective over little people. I think the shows about them have helped educate me.

I also like to watch Pit Bull Rescue. (It's off season right now.) It's about Shorty, also a dwarf actor, who runs a pit bull rescue and talent agency, mainly for little people. He also employs 3 little people, two of whom were just used in the Julia Roberts, Snow White movie!
    momrek06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread