+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4123571;
    I guess that run-in with the inspector resulted in a lawsuit against the county.

Little People stars sue Washington Co. | Portland Business Journal
    I only saw part of the scene on the show, but I do think a citizen should be free from unauthorized personel coming onto your property. If you are there properly with proper paperwork, then just show it. I think $200,000.00 plus attorneys fees is reasonable, although, I suspect the action is more about taking a stand so that it doesn't happen again than it is about money.

Keep in mind...you are only seeing what has been edited. If the entire incident was filmed then I think a settlement would take place quickly if things went the way the Roloff's are saying.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4122879;
    Jexter, I am not really sure about college. Zach never mentions it and Jeremy said something about going part-time. One thing for sure is I never see them studying.
    THanks momrek06. I had to stop watching this show along time ago because I didn't like watching Matt and Amy fight all the time. It was pretty disturbing. Kink of like Jon and Kate.

I sure hope the kids learn to take care of themselves.

FORT Fogey

Why would Amy/Matt or anyone be shocked at how Jeremy or any of the children speak to their parents. It has always been allowed. Laziness is allowed. Disrespect to each other allowed. Heck Amy and Matt were at most time disrepectful to each other during the show.
    ITA. Amy and Matt's behavior toward each other set the standard for their kids. If they don't respect each other, how can they expect their kids to respect them? Jeremy's behavior was consistent with what he's been exposed to for most of his life. What the twins need is a kick in the a** and given an ultimatum: go to school, get a job, or get out. What the twins will get is whatever they want to do. I agree, they'll be the 40 year olds living with their parents and expecting mom to take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4124327;
    THanks momrek06. I had to stop watching this show along time ago because I didn't like watching Matt and Amy fight all the time. It was pretty disturbing. Kink of like Jon and Kate.

I sure hope the kids learn to take care of themselves.
    Thanks for saying that, Jexter. I have been feeling the exact same way. I've caught a minute or two of the show here and there (and I used to really enjoy it), but tv is an escape for me. I don't care to be stressed by hearing couples bicker and children act ugly and irresponsible.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4123571;
    I guess that run-in with the inspector resulted in a lawsuit against the county.

Little People stars sue Washington Co. | Portland Business Journal
    I haven't seen the episode. So did Amy chase this guy off the property then jump into his vehicle? Maybe a lawyer can chime in here, but where did Amy's right to pursuit and self-defense end? I'm assuming it was at the property line. If I was Mr. Wheeler I'd sue her. "There I was, doing my job as I was ordered to do, when all of a sudden I was confronted by this little demon. It chased me all the way to my car and flew through the window, demanding that I give it my camera. I can't sleep at night now! All I see when I close my eyes is that face!"

In all seriousness, the inspector should not have been on their property without permission. However, I think Amy was kind of reckless chasing the guy and jumping into his truck. She could have come face-to-face with a shotgun or a tire iron, or been dragged by the truck if it started moving. But, like I said, I didn't see the episode so maybe it wasn't like I imagined. You know, with Amy flying through the air, biting and clawing at the inspector and demanding his camera.

FORT Fanatic

I thought the whole episode with the inspector was absurd. It had to have been staged. Both acted stupid. And surely the County must have signed a release for the employee's face to be shown on TV - and why would they want their staff member to do such a poor job of representing them?

Both Amy and the man acted like little kids.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4124583;
    Thanks for saying that, Jexter. I have been feeling the exact same way. I've caught a minute or two of the show here and there (and I used to really enjoy it), but tv is an escape for me. I don't care to be stressed by hearing couples bicker and children act ugly and irresponsible.
    I'm with you. TV is is also my escape. I can't get into to crime or medical related shows (99% of primetime TV) for the same reason. I just don't find it entertaining - much less relaxing.

The most drama I want in my TV is what is on Survivor, Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars, and most recently the Sing Off. That's my tolerance level, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4125956;
    I thought the whole episode with the inspector was absurd. It had to have been staged. Both acted stupid. And surely the County must have signed a release for the employee's face to be shown on TV - and why would they want their staff member to do such a poor job of representing them?
    Both Amy and the man acted like little kids.
    Usually I agree when I think something was staged/scripted for TV but not this time. I could see the rage in Amy's eyes. She was almost shaking with anger. I don't think her choices of how she handled the situation were corrct but I don't have one iota of sympathy for the gov't worker. (hope he does stay awake at night, seeing Amy's face.) It's his duty and he is required to show his identy and credentials, particulalry when trespassing. His behavior was completely unprofessional. He made me angry too!

I finally watched the final two shows....been out of town.
    I was shocked to hear Jeremy speak to his mother that way. Very surprising. Even Amy seemed speechless upon hearing his words.
    Those twins have not been raised with the thought of becoming independent young adults. I laughed pretty hard as they went "price-shopping" at that home store, costing out what they needed to set up an apartment. Since when did young people get brand new furniture for their first apartment? Including dressers and night stands........Not to mention the flat screen TV they had on their list!!!
    In my day and my kids' day it was Salvation Army, Goodwill and hand-me-downs from parents. But then it seemed that the desire for independence out weighed having a bunch of "toys."
    Or am I just out of it???

+ Reply to Thread