+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

I also think there was some foreshadowing of a troubled marriage during Monday night's shows. Actually, I think the foreshadowing began toward the end of last season when Amy and Matt clearly were having arguments during the family cruise episodes. (The mini kind of cruise along some rivers in the southeastern part of the U.S. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where they were.)

I'm not stating that I think the marriage is doomed, by any means, but I think TLC will show us how hard it can be on a marriage when the children grow and move on and the couple is left with each other without many distractions.

I think this kind of problem is probably magnified when you see two people who really are opposites of one another in many ways....like Amy and Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3728383;
    I also think there was some foreshadowing of a troubled marriage during Monday night's shows. Actually, I think the foreshadowing began toward the end of last season when Amy and Matt clearly were having arguments during the family cruise episodes. (The mini kind of cruise along some rivers in the southeastern part of the U.S. Sorry, I can't remember exactly where they were.)

I'm not stating that I think the marriage is doomed, by any means, but I think TLC will show us how hard it can be on a marriage when the children grow and move on and the couple is left with each other without many distractions.

I think this kind of problem is probably magnified when you see two people who really are opposites of one another in many ways....like Amy and Matt.
    I had totally forgotten about that episode till you brought it up. Didn't one of them leave the boat?
    I also had planned to check my DVR to see if there was a new episode Tuesday night or if it was a rerun and I had missed the ending Monday that showed them touring the castle and Amy's more positive comments about Matt. Sadly, I hadn't recorded. Matt and Amy are very different but I still hope that TLC is trying to make us think more is going on with them than there really is.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3728460;
    I had totally forgotten about that episode till you brought it up. Didn't one of them leave the boat?
    Now I am trying to remember what had happened with the Southern Cruise epi...I believe that Matt and Amy had been away. Matt was very anxious to get back to the Farm. Then I believe the Southern Cruise happened and Matt just wanted to stay home as he had been away. He ended up joining them LATE on the Southern Cruise and then when he did, he did not want to join in any scenic adventures/tours on this Cruise...Matt and Amy had an argument and Matt returned home because that is where he wanted to be. Amy and the kiddos finished the trip w/o Matt. I even remember on that trip the kids did not seem all that excited about being there. Amy wanted them to all see this very early morning sunrise and went in all their cabins to get them up to see it...I think they did for her and not the sunrise.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Matt had to go home because of some emergency on the pumpkin farm.....I think!??!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

What kind of emergency could a pumpkin farm have? I am coming up with all kinds of crazy ideas here
    There's no place like home!

I was thinking the same thing as I typed it. But I seem to recall thats what he said. Maybe it was something else on the farm?!?

To my memory, Matt left because he was ready to get back and didn't want to take a road trip. I could be wrong, but that's what I remember.

He had just gotten back from somewhere and did not want to go. The only one that really wanted to be there was Amy. So why didn't she go with a friend? I used to hate my parents dragging my out -- oh you'll enjoy this once we get there... NUH UH....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

is it possible that Matt does not care for travel because it makes him uncomfortable physically? Just wondering.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Didn't Matt leave and come back? I guess I'm getting really confused then

+ Reply to Thread