+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4122582;
    I think what bothered me most Mon night, Debb, was when they were all in Matt's office and Jeremy was being really disrespectful to his parents ... telling Amy to get back in the kitchen and to everyone else to clean the house. Jeremy is one of the biggest offenders of trashing that house. Everyone was all talking at once and no one was listening to what anyone was saying. I found that scene disturbing that after all that Amy and Matt do for Jeremy, he starts at age 20yo mouthing off. Sheesh.

Later the scene switches to Amy with Molly and Jacob and watching the sun set ... well that turned into another loud moment while Jacob and Molly are pushing and hitting each other loudly on the hammock and Amy just wanted to see the beautiful sun set. Ugh.

I just really felt that as a final episode it was helter skelter as I posted before.

I guess I am lucky in the respect that upon graduation from high school, my two son's left for college. One did not return (except for holidays) until he had his Masters and one is still in college as upon graduation he went off to law school.

I felt looking at the twins, that they should have their futures on their mind all of the time. Watching them in their rooms in the middle of the day playing Playstation at the age of 20yo ... ugh.

Edited: I wanted to add, that I am no better a mom than Amy but when Jeremy said those things to Amy, who has been the best mom in the world to him and all the kids, I felt like he punched her in the stomach with those words. She looked shocked, surprised and hurt.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched this show for a long time. Did the two boys decide not to go to college?

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4122603;
    Edited: I wanted to add, that I am no better a mom than Amy but when Jeremy said those things to Amy, who has been the best mom in the world to him and all the kids, I felt like he punched her in the stomach with those words. She looked shocked, surprised and hurt.

I missed that part. I must have gone to the bathroom or something.

I have seen the kids, especially Zach, talk so disrespectful to his dad that it actually hurt my heart. I guess if the parents keep tolerating it, it won't stop. I always knew not to talk disrespectfully to my parents, or anyone else for that matter. I don't remember who taught me. It was just a given.

I can tell you that if I had a sibling who talked that way to my parents and if the parents didn't step in, I WOULD. I would take care of it myself. I would not stand for it.

If you noticed Zach got up & walked out of the room. Had I spoke to my parents that way, I wouldn't of had teeth left. I was taught to appreciate everything I had & work for the things that I wanted. Hasn't failed me yet. That said, my 27 year old nephew lives with me for the second time. The first time, it infuriated me that he just didn't get it. That for some reason he was entitled. I didn't get it. But upon returning after living on his own, he has shown an appreciation for what has been given to him & works hard for what he wants. I think it's just this generation. My friends say that they notice this in all kids his age. We were never just given anything because our parents didn't have the money to waste on things. Both my parents worked & that money was spent to provide food, clothing & education. Also, the technologies of today weren't available. I am not that old, I threw that in there because I realized I sounded like an old fogey.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4122695;
    I haven't watched this show for a long time. Did the two boys decide not to go to college?
    Jexter, I am not really sure about college. Zach never mentions it and Jeremy said something about going part-time. One thing for sure is I never see them studying.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4122696;
    I missed that part. I must have gone to the bathroom or something.
    Debb, if you get a chance and see a rerun of this epi, you will be surprised by the way Jeremy spoke to his parents.
    As Matt was talking to Jeremy in Matt's office (while Jeremy sat up on top of Matt's desk, ugh.) Matt said to Jeremy and Zach (sitting in a chair) that he and Amy "were contemplating on selling the house because its just allot of work and none of you kids help us out with anything of it". At that Amy walked in and AGREED totally with Matt. She said they will put the house on the market and downsize to a house that they can handle easier. And that is when Jeremy turns to Amy and says "well you need to get back in that kitchen and clean it and dad you need to clean your office and the garage" ... ugh. Amy was stunned at his rudeness in speaking to them. She was all but speechless. There was more to this scene but it was upsetting to Amy and Matt and Molly and Zach were pretty shocked by Jeremy's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by law638;4122843;
    If you noticed Zach got up & walked out of the room. Had I spoke to my parents that way, I wouldn't of had teeth left. I was taught to appreciate everything I had & work for the things that I wanted. Hasn't failed me yet. That said, my 27 year old nephew lives with me for the second time. The first time, it infuriated me that he just didn't get it. That for some reason he was entitled. I didn't get it. But upon returning after living on his own, he has shown an appreciation for what has been given to him & works hard for what he wants. I think it's just this generation. My friends say that they notice this in all kids his age. We were never just given anything because our parents didn't have the money to waste on things. Both my parents worked & that money was spent to provide food, clothing & education. Also, the technologies of today weren't available. I am not that old, I threw that in there because I realized I sounded like an old fogey.
    law, I believe that Amy was/is an amazing Mom but almost to her disadvantage because she "hovered" over these children so much, ex. they cannot even get out of bed in the morning with a parent waking them up ... behavior like this at 20yo is disturbing. Ugh.
    KAREN

Wow, I didn't catch that. I'll watch on a rerun maybe. Perhaps I don't want to see it.

You know what behavior like that calls for? Thirty days notice to vacate! REally. Perhaps Jeremy needs to support himself if he has the nerve to be so unappreciative. Matt and Amy will never do it though. Those twins will be living the same life when they are 40 years old. This coddling and tolerance of bad behavior has and will continue to handicap the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4122879;
    Jexter, I am not really sure about college. Zach never mentions it and Jeremy said something about going part-time. One thing for sure is I never see them studying.

Debb, if you get a chance and see a rerun of this epi, you will be surprised by the way Jeremy spoke to his parents.
    As Matt was talking to Jeremy in Matt's office (while Jeremy sat up on top of Matt's desk, ugh.) Matt said to Jeremy and Zach (sitting in a chair) that he and Amy "were contemplating on selling the house because its just allot of work and none of you kids help us out with anything of it". At that Amy walked in and AGREED totally with Matt. She said they will put the house on the market and downsize to a house that they can handle easier. And that is when Jeremy turns to Amy and says "well you need to get back in that kitchen and clean it and dad you need to clean your office and the garage" ... ugh. Amy was stunned at his rudeness in speaking to them. She was all but speechless. There was more to this scene but it was upsetting to Amy and Matt and Molly and Zach were pretty shocked by Jeremy's comments.

law, I believe that Amy was/is an amazing Mom but almost to her disadvantage because she "hovered" over these children so much, ex. they cannot even get out of bed in the morning withOUT a parent waking them up ... behavior like this at 20yo is disturbing. Ugh.
    Edited, misspelling.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4123209;
    You know what behavior like that calls for? Thirty days notice to vacate! REally. Perhaps Jeremy needs to support himself if he has the nerve to be so unappreciative. Matt and Amy will never do it though. Those twins will be living the same life when they are 40 years old. This coddling and tolerance of bad behavior has and will continue to handicap the twins.
    ITA with you, Debb.

But A&M will never do that.
    KAREN

Why would Amy/Matt or anyone be shocked at how Jeremy or any of the children speak to their parents. It has always been allowed. Laziness is allowed. Disrespect to each other allowed. Heck Amy and Matt were at most time disrepectful to each other during the show.
    There's no place like home!

I guess that run-in with the inspector resulted in a lawsuit against the county.

Little People stars sue Washington Co. | Portland Business Journal
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread