+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Just watched the last two episodes that centered around asking the Roloffs questions. Mostly, it was just an ok show but I was glad to see them all getting along well, especially Amy and Matt. Call me an incurable romantic but I so disliked it when they were bickering with each other all the time. I realize that marriage has it's ups and downs and sometimes you'd like to murder your spouse but I wanted them to stay married. After these two shows, I feel better about their future.

Just a comment about Matt not being involved enough and Amy being too involved with the kids. From the years that I watched, everytime Matt tried to intervene with the kids, he was stopped by Amy. She would jump in on the kid's sides, even when they were dead wrong and verbally attack Matt in front of the kids. When you have another parent like that, what's a guy to do. I think I would retreat too.

I thought it was so cute to see Zach when he was 15 years-old. He looked like such a little boy. And that high, soft voice. Man, they really have changed.

I was glad to see Jacob talking more too. He may end up being their wildest child yet.

Did you notice the old footage of Amy when the kids were very little? Man, she looked just like Zach. It's amazing!

I hear ya, Debb, but my issues with Matt were more when he would not go on trips with the family or not go to school functions or if and when he showed up at the kids school event it was just as the event was happening as he even stated he did not like waiting around for the event to start! Well, heck, who does but as parents that is what you do in order to get a decent seat to watch our kiddos. Ugh.

I thought Jacob was great discussing the accident.

Holy cow, they have like 35 vehicles of some sort!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4117567;
    I hear ya, Debb, but my issues with Matt were more when he would not go on trips with the family or not go to school functions or if and when he showed up at the kids school event it was just as the event was happening as he even stated he did not like waiting around for the event to start! Well, heck, who does but as parents that is what you do in order to get a decent seat to watch our kiddos. Ugh.

I thought Jacob was great discussing the accident.

Holy cow, they have like 35 vehicles of some sort!
    I think it's hard to really tell what the situation is from what we get to see. It's probably a little bit of both but it seems like they have found ways to work around each other's quirks and make the best of it. I hope so. I like this family.

This was it? wow.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Predictable ending. Thinking about selling the farm gave them a chance to show memory clips, then in the end they don't sell the farm. Talking about the relationship issues gives them the chance to film an update episode every year or so.

I was a little teary eyed last night. The kids have grown so much since the show first came on. I will miss it.

They will be back. TLC always keeps the camera's rolling.

Boy o boy, those twins better get their acts together. How in the world is Zach affording a brand new van?
    And Jer buying a car with no job. At 20yo, he seemed so bored while Matt was discussing a resume. I was confused in this day and age that Jer has no desire to learn how to work a computer. Everything is online today. Oh my.
    I was glad that Amy, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, agreed with Matt that the twins need to get their acts together.

All through the epi I said to DH, they are NOT going to sell that house. Ugh.

Last night I found disturbing. The noise level in the house was crazy. Everyone talking at once. Helter skelter.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4122083;
    They will be back. TLC always keeps the camera's rolling.

Boy o boy, those twins better get their acts together. How in the world is Zach affording a brand new van?
    And Jer buying a car with no job. At 20yo, he seemed so bored while Matt was discussing a resume. I was confused in this day and age that Jer has no desire to learn how to work a computer. Everything is online today. Oh my.
    I was glad that Amy, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, agreed with Matt that the twins need to get their acts together.

All through the epi I said to DH, they are NOT going to sell that house. Ugh.

Last night I found disturbing. The noise level in the house was crazy. Everyone talking at once. Helter skelter.
    You've got me worried. I didn't notice the noise level in the house. LOL Really. Maybe my family needs help. LOL

Yes, the boys really don't have a clue about life it seems. They are just not intellectually minded like Molly. They said Jacob was quite the A student too. Those twins need a wake up call. I guess their parents just won't lay down the law. Didn't Jeremy say he was taking classes at the community college? Really? He sure doesn't seem to ever be studying or going to class. Maybe they left that part out of the show. LOL Not.

One episode showed Zach working at a fitness club or something like that. Honestly, I can't see him doing that much work for long. That was only mentioned once right?

I guess Matt and Amy don't realize that they aren't doing the twins favors by allowing them to be nonsupporting.

I laughed when Zach said that the costs of sheets was on their list for moving out. SHEETS! Why would they need to buy sheets? They've never bothered with them before.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4122485;
    You've got me worried. I didn't notice the noise level in the house. LOL Really. Maybe my family needs help. LOL

Yes, the boys really don't have a clue about life it seems. They are just not intellectually minded like Molly. They said Jacob was quite the A student too. Those twins need a wake up call. I guess their parents just won't lay down the law. Didn't Jeremy say he was taking classes at the community college? Really? He sure doesn't seem to ever be studying or going to class. Maybe they left that part out of the show. LOL Not.

One episode showed Zach working at a fitness club or something like that. Honestly, I can't see him doing that much work for long. That was only mentioned once right?

I guess Matt and Amy don't realize that they aren't doing the twins favors by allowing them to be nonsupporting.

I laughed when Zach said that the costs of sheets was on their list for moving out. SHEETS! Why would they need to buy sheets? They've never bothered with them before.
    I think what bothered me most Mon night, Debb, was when they were all in Matt's office and Jeremy was being really disrespectful to his parents ... telling Amy to get back in the kitchen and to everyone else to clean the house. Jeremy is one of the biggest offenders of trashing that house. Everyone was all talking at once and no one was listening to what anyone was saying. I found that scene disturbing that after all that Amy and Matt do for Jeremy, he starts at age 20yo mouthing off. Sheesh.

Later the scene switches to Amy with Molly and Jacob and watching the sun set ... well that turned into another loud moment while Jacob and Molly are pushing and hitting each other loudly on the hammock and Amy just wanted to see the beautiful sun set. Ugh.

I just really felt that as a final episode it was helter skelter as I posted before.

I guess I am lucky in the respect that upon graduation from high school, my two son's left for college. One did not return (except for holidays) until he had his Masters and one is still in college as upon graduation he went off to law school.

I felt looking at the twins, that they should have their futures on their mind all of the time. Watching them in their rooms in the middle of the day playing Playstation at the age of 20yo ... ugh.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread