+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4062123;
    I read on another site that Matt did hire a person to come in and clean a couple of times per week. I don't know if that is true. I know that in the past when he has mentioned it, Amy blew up. She doesn't want someone handling her stuff. Remember years ago when she and Matt went out of town and Matt's parents stayed with the kids? Matt's mom cleaned up the house and the fridge. They were filthy. When Amy returned she had sarcastic remarks about it and criticized the woman terribly. She even witched about what kind of milk she bought. If you are unappreciative enough to do that, then you don't deserve help IMO.

As far as the wood splitter goes. If it worked properly, they should have set the price in advance and told Amy. She had no way of knowing the value. I side with her on that. Also, there is some value to have people haul stuff off of your property. It's worth a lot to not have to look at any more. LOL
    You know, Debb, I remember Amy having issues with people thinking her house is not clean enough and she stated then that her parents were very neat and it drove her crazy all the time growing up and she was NOT going to be like that BUT you know what enough is enough. Even Amy was DISGUSTED when she came in from her speaking events and found the house totally trashed. My DS' are both college grads and in all the years they either lived on campus or had off campus apts, their places NEVER looked as bad as that house does now. I think its a shame.

And as far as the wood cutter, its as I stated "communication" (in my earlier post) between all family members. Whoever pulled out the wood cutter for sale, should have checked to see if it worked properly in order to properly put a price on it. OR when someone (like the man on the show) inquired about the wood cutter, Amy should have simply said "I will check with my son or my husband or Sven to tell you whether or not its working and how much it is". Then maybe they would have sold it for what it was worth.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Amy was intereviewed on Larry King some months ago and indicated they did get some household help.

The condition of the house when she came home was a disgrace. All those kids are healthy enough to do some housework. Even 15 minutes before bedtime each night would have been helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4062486;
    Amy was intereviewed on Larry King some months ago and indicated they did get some household help.

The condition of the house when she came home was a disgrace. All those kids are healthy enough to do some housework. Even 15 minutes before bedtime each night would have been helpful.

True, but Amy knows her kids. She knows they don't clean things and they don't pick up behind themselves. So, why was she disappointed?

If you don't teach your kids good habits of cleaning while they are growing up and you are right there with them and enforce house rules about cleaning, then why should you be shocked when they don't have those skills when they get older? She taught them to be that way. And I'm sorry, Matt has tried to get them to clean for years, but Amy would jump in and defend the kids! Thanks to Amy and her lax cleaning policy, some young women are going to have slobs for roommates and/or husbands.

IMO being a slob is a handicap. It's difficult if not impossible to overcome as an adult and it limits you in life. It also will create chaos and stress when you live with others. I know.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4062486;

Well, there never seems to be any indication (by the looks of the house) that they have help.

My issues with the whole house and keeping it clean and the kiddos; that even at their ages NOW, Amy still has to ask over and over again to help out ... when will the kiddos just realize this is their house as well and they should pitch in and help out without being asked.

One of my DGF's in MA, recently went and saw Amy speak and they totally had a blast. I guess she is so much fun to see in person. It is never in a big forum so you can get up close and personal with Amy. AND my DGF said, Amy was so enjoying herself. So I am guessing, Amy will continue with these public speaking events. So, I hope the fam back home realizes that after all these years of being "their mom" they help her out at the homefront while she goes and does what she loves in traveling to all these speaking engagements.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4062888;
    Well, there never seems to be any indication (by the looks of the house) that they have help.

My issues with the whole house and keeping it clean and the kiddos; that even at their ages NOW, Amy still has to ask over and over again to help out ... when will the kiddos just realize this is their house as well and they should pitch in and help out without being asked.

One of my DGF's in MA, recently went and saw Amy speak and they totally had a blast. I guess she is so much fun to see in person. It is never in a big forum so you can get up close and personal with Amy. AND my DGF said, Amy was so enjoying herself. So I am guessing, Amy will continue with these public speaking events. So, I hope the fam back home realizes that after all these years of being "their mom" they help her out at the homefront while she goes and does what she loves in traveling to all these speaking engagements.
    I would love tlo see Amy or Matt speak. I don't think they come to my part of the country often. (NC) It really makes sense to have someone come in to do the cleaning. Of course, you have to be careful with help. If they don't sign confidentiality agreements, they could snoop through your house and sell stories to the tabloids about it, including photos of your messy bedroom, etc You can't be too careful.

Ok, the Father's Day camping trip. Looks like it was allot of fun for all that went but very hard for me to watch when they were using that hatchet and NO safety glasses and then THROWING it up in the air.

Amy, oh my, leaves her camera home and then her new camera gets soaked from the waves. Molly's friend, ugh, I felt so badly for her not feeling good on the ship ... that would have been ME had I gone with them.

Jacob ... hmm, not sure what to think about this. My DS' are 4 years apart and there were many years that the older one was always off doing things with his buds that I would NOT allow the younger to do and yes, he would be a bit upset but nothing like the attitude that Jacob seems to always cop. It makes for a real downer of an epi when he gets into his spoiled brat mode.
    When my DS' were 10 & 6yo NO WAY, DS' were 16 & 12yo NO WAY, but then as they were 20 & 16yo, things all changed.

It was great to see Zach with his new FULL TIME job. Wow, he is one busy young man at that job. Looks also like Zach really likes it allot.
    KAREN

I almost laughed at Zach car shopping. If he is actually going to live at home, maybe he can afford a new car, but if he is going to have rent, utilities, food, gas, car payment, insurance taxes, tags, etc., he should be in the used car section. LOL He was looking at cars that cost $32,000.! You can't live the life of Riley when you have no job skills or education, unless you can get a reality tv show! LOL He really has neither. Perhaps he will see how difficult it will be to support himself on a minimum wage job. I think it's great he's working at the club, but will it really pay him enough to live on? Is he still in school?

Jacob is such a sad child. He can sweet to his dad at times, but boy is he tempermental. I wouldn't tolerate it for long.

The minute Matt said Jacob brought a friend along, I rolled my eyes. NO WAY I would allow my kid to go camping with them. They are very unsafe people. I have seen that over the years. Monday night was full of unsafe activity. Lighting the fire with gasoline, crossing slick log over rapids with no rope, throwing the hatchet with no protection, and others. Honestly, I guess they are really lucky to avoid many injuries.

Still, I think I will miss the family. With this being the final season, I wonder how things will go for the family. Maybe they'll do a special every once and awhile.

FORT Fanatic

I've been driving for 40 years and never had a new car. Always buy used. Why didn't Zack even consider that? And if he works full-time, what happened to college, although apparently he and his twin didn't exactly have what you would call a 'demanding' college schedule.

It was good to see one of them finally get moving and get a job. Still don't see how he could possibly swing an apartment unless he moved in with several others - maybe that is what he will do.

Used cars are really the best way to go. That's all my dad has bought since the 1970's. Unless Zach wants a $300.00 plus a month car payment, he should look into it. Even though he is 20 years old, I don't think he has a clue of what he takes to support yourself fully. I can't see him or Jeremy actually maintaining their own place, even with roommates.

It will be interesting to see what happens to those kids over the next 5 years.

I love the whole family! even with each of their faults. But I don't think Matt and Amy have raised the kids to start thinking about becoming independent. Once high school was finished, they seemed like they were without any goals for the future.
    How long can they live with their parents? Maybe they're just part of that generation that never want to leave home? Seems strange to me because my generation couldn't wait to get out and be on our own, even if it meant having Goodwill/hand-me-down furniture and eating hot dogs. Independence was the prize and well worth the struggle.

+ Reply to Thread