+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4058222;
    I wouldn't think a spin-off of the Roloff twins would do well in the ratings. As an adult old enough to be their grandmother, it wouldn't interest me.

And I don't think their own age group watches that much TV except for sports, do they?

Remember - it's all about the ratings for every station, including TLC.
    I don't know about that. Jeremy used to have quite a following of young ladies. And when they went to the little people's conventions, Zach was quite the ladies man. LOL

FORT Newbie

I think a spinoff with the twins traveling around the world would be pretty funny. Those episodes last year of them by themselves in Europe were some of my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett;4060027;
    I think a spinoff with the twins traveling around the world would be pretty funny. Those episodes last year of them by themselves in Europe were some of my favorite.
    They "sort of" already did this after h.s. grad. Jeremy was totally into it and Zach did not want to do anything = borrrrring episodes. I think it would be a great idea if it was something they BOTH thought they would LOVE and make it interesting to the viewing audience. Watching Jeremy trying to wake Zach up to see sights while Zach wanted to sleep all the time, was annoying. If you do not appreciate traveling then stay home.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

I did NOT want to see Zach upchucking while on a trip with his father. I turned off Kate Plus 8 last night when four of the kids did the same thing out in a boat. I realize it may be a part of life, but we don't need to see that.

That's too much 'reality tv' for me.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4060597;
    I did NOT want to see Zach upchucking while on a trip with his father. I turned off Kate Plus 8 last night when four of the kids did the same thing out in a boat. I realize it may be a part of life, but we don't need to see that.

That's too much 'reality tv' for me.
    I know what you mean. I don't like to see people vomit. It's just something I have always been sensitive to. If they go, then I'm not far behind. I must turn my head or get sick. LOL

I guess it's one of the real things about reality tv. Still, do they have to actually show it? I thought the poem they did about the only kid who didn't vomit was cute. I can't recall it now.

It was so nice to see the family that Matt helped come to this country for medical treatment of their dwarf children. Those kids love Matt. I guess their family considers him a hero and I guess so. The child can actually walk now! There living situation is so much different here too. It's sad they lost their daughter though.

I think that Zach's dislike for his dad is an intentional thing. I think he puts a great deal of effort keeping a wall between them and I think he does it because of some strange alliance with his mom. I hope he gets some therapy and works that out. It won't get better if he lets it grow. Zach should understand that we all have things about our parents that drive us nuts. We all have to listen to stories that we have heard before and perhaps things we disagree with, but they are your parents. You just grin and bear it, unless it's abusive of course. You don't have to fight and win every battle with a parent. You never know how long we have with them. I think that's what Matt was trying to say to Zach when he talked about getting killed suddenly. It's actually true.

My dad and I disagree about so many things, such as religion, politics, music, etc., however, if that is all I focused on, we would not enjoy each other's company or have any quality time together. I say my peace when necessary, but don't pick fights on every point. He was not the perfect parent when I was a kid, but I choose to dwell on the man he is now.

What did you think of Matt's new 4 wheeler? I bet Amy has a cow when she sees it. I wonder how much it cost? Apparently, they make a pretty penny doing speaking engagements. Does anyone know how much they charge? I'll see if I can find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4060601;
    I know what you mean. I don't like to see people vomit. It's just something I have always been sensitive to. If they go, then I'm not far behind. I must turn my head or get sick. LOL

I guess it's one of the real things about reality tv. Still, do they have to actually show it? I thought the poem they did about the only kid who didn't vomit was cute. I can't recall it now.

It was so nice to see the family that Matt helped come to this country for medical treatment of their dwarf children. Those kids love Matt. I guess their family considers him a hero and I guess so. The child can actually walk now! There living situation is so much different here too. It's sad they lost their daughter though.

I think that Zach's dislike for his dad is an intentional thing. I think he puts a great deal of effort keeping a wall between them and I think he does it because of some strange alliance with his mom. I hope he gets some therapy and works that out. It won't get better if he lets it grow. Zach should understand that we all have things about our parents that drive us nuts. We all have to listen to stories that we have heard before and perhaps things we disagree with, but they are your parents. You just grin and bear it, unless it's abusive of course. You don't have to fight and win every battle with a parent. You never know how long we have with them. I think that's what Matt was trying to say to Zach when he talked about getting killed suddenly. It's actually true.
    My dad and I disagree about so many things, such as religion, politics, music, etc., however, if that is all I focused on, we would not enjoy each other's company or have any quality time together. I say my peace when necessary, but don't pick fights on every point. He was not the perfect parent when I was a kid, but I choose to dwell on the man he is now.

What did you think of Matt's new 4 wheeler? I bet Amy has a cow when she sees it. I wonder how much it cost? Apparently, they make a pretty penny doing speaking engagements. Does anyone know how much they charge? I'll see if I can find out.
    I'm with you on this "reality" tv trend. Personally, I could do without seeing people throw up or go to the bathroom, esp. with sound effects. I'm very good at realizing what's going on without having the visual and auditory accompaniments. Really gross.

Zac definitely does not understand or agree with how his father conducts himself, particularly concerning his mother or his father's manner which sometimes seems to separate himself from the rest of the family. This may be due to things Zac has observed more than what we're shown and it may also have something to do with his age. Maybe as he grows and matures, he'll come to peace with who his father is. Doesn't mean he will ever condone the behavior but he may have more understanding of what his father is capable of doing. I'm not excusing Matt's ways but maturity does help us come to terms with the frailities of our parents. We want them to be the Super Heros that they were when we were little kids and few people can live up to that.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4060317;
    They "sort of" already did this after h.s. grad. Jeremy was totally into it and Zach did not want to do anything = borrrrring episodes. I think it would be a great idea if it was something they BOTH thought they would LOVE and make it interesting to the viewing audience. Watching Jeremy trying to wake Zach up to see sights while Zach wanted to sleep all the time, was annoying. If you do not appreciate traveling then stay home.
    The fact that Zach was such a grump in those episodes is what would make the show so funny, basically an "odd couple" travel show. As much as Zach didnt like it, I think TLC paying him to travel around the world in lieu of being nagged about going to college classes might appeal to him.

I was on vacation for 2 weeks, so the other night I watched all 4 epi's! Oh my, Amy being told she is morbidly obese. I applaud her for getting herself a trainer and getting back into shape.

BUT people, that house ... ewwwww ... seriously, one of these epi's we will see mice running around. I have watched LP since it started and the gang has never been neat at all. I completely understand when you have 4 little ones and M&D are working full-time as was the case when the show started BUT please ... I mean they are all practically adults in that house and it truly is a disgrace.

Matt and his "toys"! That new truck, YIKES, he could look straight into the wheel well!

Are the twins going to college? I applaud Amy & Matt going out and speaking as they do but please instead of constantly buying all these items like big trucks and mules all the time, HIRE SOME MERRY MAIDS.

That yard sale; they should have spent several weeks preparing for it. The lack of communication was an issue and it appeared that Amy sold a $300.00 wood cutter for $30.00 ... oh my.

I think they would have made so much more than $1600.00 if they had thought the whole project through.
    KAREN

I read on another site that Matt did hire a person to come in and clean a couple of times per week. I don't know if that is true. I know that in the past when he has mentioned it, Amy blew up. She doesn't want someone handling her stuff. Remember years ago when she and Matt went out of town and Matt's parents stayed with the kids? Matt's mom cleaned up the house and the fridge. They were filthy. When Amy returned she had sarcastic remarks about it and criticized the woman terribly. She even witched about what kind of milk she bought. If you are unappreciative enough to do that, then you don't deserve help IMO.

As far as the wood splitter goes. If it worked properly, they should have set the price in advance and told Amy. She had no way of knowing the value. I side with her on that. Also, there is some value to have people haul stuff off of your property. It's worth a lot to not have to look at any more. LOL

[QUOTE=momrek06;4061570;]I was on vacation for 2 weeks, so the other night I watched all 4 epi's! Oh my, Amy being told she is morbidly obese. I applaud her for getting herself a trainer and getting back into shape.

BUT people, that house ... ewwwww ... seriously, one of these epi's we will see mice running around. I have watched LP since it started and the gang has never been neat at all. I completely understand when you have 4 little ones and M&D are working full-time as was the case when the show started BUT please ... I mean they are all practically adults in that house and it truly is a disgrace.

I agree. When I saw Jacob's and Molly's room, I almost fainted. That beautiful house just gone to waste. All those grown people in that house and no one bothers to even clean up the kitchen after that big greasy mess of a meal. Matt should have made those kids clean up. I don't understand the sleepovers the kids have, man that's got to be very interesting. Did anybody notice the fruit flies on the wall when Amy was talking?

+ Reply to Thread