+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

FORT Fanatic

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

The golf event was in September, so the overseas games must have taken place before then. It must have been awkward for Amy having to resign and then going ahead and spending an enormous amount of time on the fund raiser that would benefit the organization.

Hopefully she had a better handle on the finances than they indicated. It sounded like she was really uncertain for some time if they even broke even. How terrible that would have been after all her work to have lost money.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3912948;
    The golf event was in September, so the overseas games must have taken place before then. It must have been awkward for Amy having to resign and then going ahead and spending an enormous amount of time on the fund raiser that would benefit the organization.

Hopefully she had a better handle on the finances than they indicated. It sounded like she was really uncertain for some time if they even broke even. How terrible that would have been after all her work to have lost money.

You are right. The Dwarf World games were held in June or July of 2009. The golfing fund raiser was in September 2009. How bizarre was that? I take it that they reconciled and she is back on the board. At least that's what she was telling people when she was promoting the golf tounament.

Here's a link:
    http://amyroloffcharityfoundation.or...-generalv2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3913004;
    You are right. The Dwarf World games were held in June or July of 2009. The golfing fund raiser was in September 2009. How bizarre was that? I take it that they reconciled and she is back on the board. At least that's what she was telling people when she was promoting the golf tounament.

Here's a link:
    http://amyroloffcharityfoundation.or...-generalv2.pdf
    Ya, that makes sense. I would not be pouring my heart and soul into any organization that I was not a part of ... I bet the DAAA thought that after they asked her to step down ... it was a HUGE mistake to lose the likes of Amy Roloff and all that she and her celebrity-ism brought to the DAAA!!
    KAREN

Did anyone see the show last night? When it ended, you heard a loud thump and then the family found Matt lying on the floor of his office seemingly unconscious. They didn't seem too concerned though. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3934718;
    Did anyone see the show last night? When it ended, you heard a loud thump and then the family found Matt lying on the floor of his office seemingly unconscious. They didn't seem too concerned though. LOL
    I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And of course it was the last epi, the finale and TLC has to leave us with Matt on the floor. And on a show where he talked about dying allot ... And the fam ... crap, I would have gone running to any family member of mine that collapsed ...

Interesting epi's I will say. The boys seem so disinterested in college or expanding their horizons. Two classes a semester ... they will be in college forever at that rate.
    Matt soooooo upset with the city BUT that is the reason they have "code enforcement" laws. What if they did have a storm that knocked that roof down and someone was seriously hurt ... the Roloffs would not want that ever to happen.

Edited ... as soon as we were done watching this epi, Southern CA had their own 5.7 earthquake ... ugh ... skeeeerrry as heck.
    KAREN

I agree about the codes, except that I wonder why they sprung it on them only a few days before the season started. If he had been a real small business person, he may not have had $4,000. to make changes and could have suffered a complete loss of his livilhood. Oh, that bridge should be closed. No excuse for that. It should be rebuilt.

Those twins....my oh my....what a pair. It reminded me of some people in my family, unfortunately. They seem to have an aversion to any new thoughts getting in. LOL. It seems that some people could not be more unmotivated if you paid them a salary to be that way.

I don't really buy the fact that they are even enrolled. I think mom was wise up to it too. Those boys are old enough to do more than lounge around the house. And 3 classes? What? I took 3 classes when I worked full time and first graduated from high school! I did take off summers so I could have a little break. Lots of people work full time jobs and also attend classes.

I hope those boys can get some maturity under their belts. They are so pampered. It was good to see Amy try to let go. Maybe they have to really feel some consequences from their irresponsiblity before they will wake up.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Well, I am glad to see that Matt and Amy seem to be getting along better. At least I didn't think they were barely tolerating each other any more.

I am sad that this is their last season...I am going to miss them. I would like to go and help them get the house picked up though. I know it will be a mess again in a matter of days (maybe hours), but I can't take it. Although, I give Amy a lot of props for all the cooking she does! She is always getting up early to make breakfast...I'm luckly to do that for my family on one day of the weekend!

FORT Fanatic

That scene where Matt collapsed on the floor was so poorly 'acted' it made me cringe; obviously cameras had not been there when it actually happened, so it was recreated. Any check of the internet would have revealed he recovered quickly. Not fair to leave people hanging for months if they didn't know how to check the internet.

Interesting when Amy was leaving the hospital after finding out she was obese and speaking directly to the camera about her feelings. I guess with being by herself at the time, she had no one to 'bounce' off.

I got a little tear in my eye when Matt was describing the torture treatment he received as a kid for his bones. It's just so horrible to think they thought they were doing the right thing. I hope he can benefit from this new therapy.

I don't think they calculated Amy's fat content right. I'm sure her Dwarfism effects it somehow. She was thick, but not obese. They must have taped her workouts awhile ago, because when they went on those talk shows back in the spring both of them looked fit and healthy, actually better than I have ever seen them.

Did you notice no ugly comments to each other last night. Matt was all kissy-kissy with Amy. Perhaps they want to make a better impression on their way off the air, plus last year was just horrible.

OH, I read on the TLC site that there WILL be a spin off show. I guess it will be with the twins. Gosh, I hope they go to college or something. I really don't care to watch them lay around a dirty apt and sponge off their parents. LOL

I loved watching Amy going through everything to decide what to sell. Having just watched Hoarders, I could see a lot of similarities of rationale. She held up one photo of her and Matt and said "oh, here's one where we still liked each other".
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread