+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3905401;
    Man, I was washing dishes when I was five. My mother's comments were,"If you are old enough to mess up, then you are old enough to clean up." She pulled a chair up to the sink and showed me how to wash dishes in her order and standards (anything that goes in your mouth gets washed first, i.e. cups, then flatware, then plates, etc.). My siblings and I had a week/ a piece. Some people looked forward to the New Year, we looked forward to the calander coming out to see you had to wash dishes on the major holidays I'm sorry, but I think Amy excuse about the house being messy is totally lame. Those kids will never learn.
    This is STILL the order I use. Cups, glasses, flatware, plates so on and so forth.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Well I guess last night's episode was filmed before the Roloffs went to Ireland for the Dwarf Olympic competition. Last night the DAAA came to the Roloff's farm for a fundraiser and Amy said she was on the board for 20 years, so I take it their breakup happened after that fundraiser was filmed. Either that or they made up and she's back on the board. She had a fund raiser for them and another charity at the farm. Amy said the DAAA had had some bad funding problems and she was trying to help them. You know what they say, No good deed goes unpunished.

Amy worked very hard on the project. She barely had time to criticize Matt. LOL. She was running all over the place and actually fell down twice on camera. Geesh. She hopped up and kept on going. She is a tough cookie.

I like the way they made it look like the speech by Zach saved the day and caused all the bidders at the auction to open their pocket books. That was sweet.

If this fund raiser was filmed right after the split for the Ireland games, it does give me a different perspective on that entire incident. I guess that organization didn't appreciate Amy's efforts too much.

Amy also cracked me up trying to learn how to golf. She's funny. I normally have lots of criticism for Amy because of her verbal abuse of Matt, but last night it was nice to see her take a break from that and just do some good stuff.

Ya, Debb, I was confused as well. Did Amy organize this whole fundraiser BEFORE the debacle with DAAA? I cannot imagine Amy putting her heart and soul into that organization and then just allow Matt to break the DAAA rules and ultimately cost Amy her spot on the Board? It just does not make sense to me?

Of course TLC has been known to run the LPBW episodes out of order? But still I cannot imagine Amy rejoined the Board after the World Games, either?

I have no clue when this was taped. Did you see some of the fellows from Deadliest Catch where even there. Most of the DC fishermen all live in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon and Washington.

I loved the dress Amy wore for the fundraiser. She was a little energizer bunny, running all over the place. Did they say how much they made for DAAA? Looks like everyone wanted that CRUISE W/AMY!!!

Did you see the previews ... ugh, Molly and the bacon. Scary.
    KAREN

Momrek06, I think the only logical explanation is that this was filmed BEFORE the entire breakup with DAAA. This is my take on it. I think they were hurting really bad for money. Amy volunteers to help raise money with the fundraiser. She works very hard on the project. They get some money, but not enough to pay for all the expenses for the soccer and basket ball teams to go to Ireland. That's when Matt steps in and says he will help get some extra money to take care of those expenses. We know what happened after that by what was shown on the show. I can kind of see how if you aren't pulling your weight and are the recipient of all these funds raised by the Roloffs and their sponsors, why would you be so insistent on running the show?

I posted earlier that Matt should have supported Amy and put her first instead of the team going to Ireland. Now, I'm not so sure. On the DAAA's website, it appears they didn't take a basket ball or soccer team. So Amy and Zack could have gone with DAAA to Ireland, but they would not have played any basket ball or soccer. Can you imagine Zack going and not being able to compete in soccer? I can't, so, maybe things did work out for the best, even though it ended on a sour note with Amy. Also, if you try to click on "Sponsors" for the DAAA, the page was not available. I think something really odd is going on with that. I don't know what. I hope they straighten it out so the members can benefit.

FORT Fanatic

Geez, Amy, SLOW DOWN. It was scary to see her falling down last night. She is lucky she didn't break a bone.

I said OUCH! If it had been me who hit the deck like that, I would have laid there until someone helped me up. I'm not kidding. LOL She popped up like a cork. The embarrassment alone would have killed me.

She did look nice in that dress she wore for the fundraiser. It is the most flattering thing I have ever seen her in.

The editing on this show has always been all over the place. One scene there are no leaves on the trees; another, they're in full bloom. I think the fundraiser must have been scheduled for summer or late summer. The Hillstrands from Deadliest Catch live near Seattle, or at least Johnathan does. I think Andy lives in Montana or something.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3910897;
    The editing on this show has always been all over the place. One scene there are no leaves on the trees; another, they're in full bloom. I think the fundraiser must have been scheduled for summer or late summer. The Hillstrands from Deadliest Catch live near Seattle, or at least Johnathan does. I think Andy lives in Montana or something.
    You're right around the order of events being mixed up. It was that way last night too. One minute the boys are talking about how it's too hot to go outside and the next scene they are outside with jackets on. LOL

Still I enjoyed both shows. Some have said they are bored with Amy's charity events, but I don't agree. I really enjoy them. It provides Amy with direction so she isn't down Matt's throat and she's too busy to cater to the kids. I really like seeing her work on raising money for her charities.

I also like seeing Matt work with the Big Brothers and Sisters program. What a sharp contrast between the haves and the have nots. I think Matt provided those kids with some great positive support and for a change he wasn't criticized about his projects. I hope the show continues to go in this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3912682;
    You're right around the order of events being mixed up. It was that way last night too. One minute the boys are talking about how it's too hot to go outside and the next scene they are outside with jackets on. LOL

Still I enjoyed both shows. Some have said they are bored with Amy's charity events, but I don't agree. I really enjoy them. It provides Amy with direction so she isn't down Matt's throat and she's too busy to cater to the kids. I really like seeing her work on raising money for her charities.

I also like seeing Matt work with the Big Brothers and Sisters program. What a sharp contrast between the haves and the have nots. I think Matt provided those kids with some great positive support and for a change he wasn't criticized about his projects. I hope the show continues to go in this direction.
    Debb, I did like last night's shows BUT sheesh, the boys, that room, ugh ... this show makes them always appear LAZY. Come on, I thought when Molly walked in their room to inquire about dinner she was going to scream "it smells in here" as I imagine it must. Along with critters hiding under all those clothes. Amy standing there asking them to get up and help out and they just grumble and go back to sleep ... and they are 19yo ... ugh.

Jacob is also falling right into that same exact behavior ... lazy. Just playing video games all day long. My DS' are all grown and on their own but when they were younger, yes, we had every single game system imagineable but the rule in my house (we lived in MA) was IF the weather is nice outside, video games are off and you are outside.

I love that Amy is involved OR was involved in DAAA. I was very involved in many organizations when my kiddos were younger and GOLF TOURNAMENTS are the hardest to put together as a fundraiser as they are soooooo costly. I am so glad she pulled it off and appears to have made some serious money for DAAA. Its kinda sad that Matt had no idea how devoted Amy was to this organization to have it go in the direction that it did and result in Amy stepping down. Amy was a huge asset to DAAA. Her popularity, I am sure played a huge role in the fundraising for the organization.
    KAREN

Momrek06, I agree about those rooms. It is a disgrace, but most of the family has lived that way since day one. It really does come down to the parents allowing it to exist when the kids are young. If the rule of the house is that you must at least keep the floor clear of stuff and change linen once a week, that's a plus. The problem is that Amy isn't bothered by that kind of thing. I bet her room looked like that before they got a housekeeper. (She said they had one on Joy Behar.) I would say that Matt should have intervened, but he has tried to about the messiness, but is out numbered and overruled. LOL. I think it's too late with the twins. People who are that messy, never change. Believe me, I know. The only way they would change is to go into the military!

Upthread I posted about the DAAA website and how when you clicked on Sponsors, the page was unavailable. Something is really odd there. Why would an organization that is dependent on donations, have no way for someone to donate or sponsor their organization. I suspect they may have more troubles than we suspect. If I were Amy, I would also not like being their sole donator. I wonder if they left it up to her to be their sole contributer and fund raiser. That's not cool.

After all the money she raised for them, they were demanding about the sponsors on the t-shirts? I find that really bizarre. They took the funds she raised from her charity events and still didn't have enough funds to take a soccer team and basket ball team to the Ireland events. Why? I see it as a lot of taking and not much give by the DAAA. Maybe we will learn more about it later. I suspect the organization needs more support than just the Roloffs. I hope they work it out because the players need them. I thought the competition was just great. It was very exiting. Amy was very athletic. It's surprising how agile she is.

+ Reply to Thread