+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3726774;
    The show just restarted and the talk on here is about divorce. I think we are seeing way too much of a divorce that we have become cynical..ok I have always been cynical.
    Did you watch the show, captain? Amy definitely gave us some vibe that she is not happy with the way things are going at the Roloff farm, from the very first scene as Matt is driving her all around the farm with all these plans to construct an ARK and finish Molly's castle...Amy just did not look happy. She seemed to be unhappy through most of the show. Matt seems to be clueless at times in reference to their finances.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Matt even said something about swimming in the pool with his girlfriends while she was off on her trips to Europe. It may have been a joke....but there were some underlying feelings to it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Did anyone see the show last night? (Tuesday?)
    I didn't see it but caught the very last few minutes and everything seemed much better between Matt and Amy. Is it possible that first two shows were just edited to make things seem bad so that more people would watch?

I thought it was on Monday nights? I didn't get a show for lastnight?!?! What happened on the show, nanarama?

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3727554;
    Did anyone see the show last night? (Tuesday?)
    I didn't see it but caught the very last few minutes and everything seemed much better between Matt and Amy. Is it possible that first two shows were just edited to make things seem bad so that more people would watch?
    I have heard both Matt and Amy in previous seasons joking about "If he does that- I'll divorce him", "When she is not here I get my girlfriends to come over" stuff like that. They both love each other very much and it shows.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Monday night there were two episodes that heavily foreshadowed "trouble" in their marraige. (And I've watched for years so I'm familiar with their bickering.) I didn't know it would be on Tuesday night also as I had DVR'd it Monday and haven't seen any commercials. (Does anyone watch commercials anymore?)
    So after the DWTS results show last night I turned to TLC about 10:25 and saw the end of an episode. The castle was finished and the family was touring it and very impressed. The daughter (can't remember her name) was so touched that her dad had done it - "How many girls can say they have a castle?" And then they show a pm with Amy singing a whole different tune than the tension on Monday night. They end with the family have a picnic where Matt toasts all the dads in the world who build their daughters castles. (Of whom, I'm sure there aren't many!)
    So what I was wondering was, did TLC try to create a little drama Monday night with the way the show was edited to make it sound as though there would be another reality couple calling it quits? Were Matt and Amy okay and just their usual, bickering selves? (That I can handle.) Or is there really trouble in "Roloff-ville." I like the show and the family and would hate to see another sad messy story unfold.

That episode was from Monday night. The castle being built was a big source of why Amy was frustrated with Matt. She didn't see why he needed to finish it and spend money on something that was suppose to be finished for Molly when she was a little girl....not 15. It ended well, with Molly and everyone being pleased with the castle but in the middle of that episode it was obvious that Amy was annoyed with Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3727845;
    The castle was finished and the family was touring it and very impressed. The daughter (can't remember her name) was so touched that her dad had done it - "How many girls can say they have a castle?" And then they show a pm with Amy singing a whole different tune than the tension on Monday night. They end with the family have a picnic where Matt toasts all the dads in the world who build their daughters castles. (Of whom, I'm sure there aren't many!)
    So what I was wondering was, did TLC try to create a little drama Monday night with the way the show was edited to make it sound as though there would be another reality couple calling it quits? Were Matt and Amy okay and just their usual, bickering selves? (That I can handle.) Or is there really trouble in "Roloff-ville." I like the show and the family and would hate to see another sad messy story unfold.

YUP, exactly what JustJuls posted, this was the Monday night epi repeated on Tuesday when you saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3727866;
    That episode was from Monday night. The castle being built was a big source of why Amy was frustrated with Matt. She didn't see why he needed to finish it and spend money on something that was suppose to be finished for Molly when she was a little girl....not 15. It ended well, with Molly and everyone being pleased with the castle but in the middle of that episode it was obvious that Amy was annoyed with Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3727866;
    I DRV'd Monday night's epi's. WHen I get home I'll review the ending. I don't remember it being the same as what I saw last night, but maybe I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3727845;
    I think you hit the nail on the head right there.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread