+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

FORT Fanatic

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

The last few shows have been their trip to Europe - including the world championship games for dwarfs (that's the term they use - not little people). It was filmed last summer but just now being run.

Tonight (Tuesday) Amy is scheduled to be a guest on the Joy Behar show at 9 p.m. east coast time on CNN's HLN (headline news). There are several other guests on the lineup, so Amy may not be on for very long.

I believe Amy was scheduled to be on the Rachel Ray show yesterday - I wonder why this burst of publicity? The latest season has been running for several weeks now. Is she promoting something special?

Swissmiss, I don't know about Amy. I forgot she was to be on Joy last night. I am taping Rachel today, so I'll check it out.

I have a question about the big disagreement Matt had with the official Dwarfs of America League a couple of episodes ago. If you recall, Matt had secured some sponsors to pay for the teams' air fare and accomodations to the international games in Ireland. The official organization, whom Amy was a board memeber, went head to head with Matt about the size of the letters on the uniforms. It was portrayed that without the sponsors the team could not go to Ireland to compete. Matt stood firm, they then asked Amy to resign from the board, she did with much agony, and Matt made their team an independent team, the Statesman to go without the official Dwarf organization.

Fast forward to the competition. When Amy first gets there she ran into the official Dwarf officers and says she is embarrassed. My question is what happened to the official Dwarf team? They were never shown playing in the competition for basketball or soccer. Where were they? Did the officials of the Dwarf organization go to Ireland without a team? Why? Just trying to make sense of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3899601;
    Swissmiss, I don't know about Amy. I forgot she was to be on Joy last night. I am taping Rachel today, so I'll check it out.

I have a question about the big disagreement Matt had with the official Dwarfs of America League a couple of episodes ago. If you recall, Matt had secured some sponsors to pay for the teams' air fare and accomodations to the international games in Ireland. The official organization, whom Amy was a board memeber, went head to head with Matt about the size of the letters on the uniforms. It was portrayed that without the sponsors the team could not go to Ireland to compete. Matt stood firm, they then asked Amy to resign from the board, she did with much agony, and Matt made their team an independent team, the Statesman to go without the official Dwarf organization.

Fast forward to the competition. When Amy first gets there she ran into the official Dwarf officers and says she is embarrassed. My question is what happened to the official Dwarf team? They were never shown playing in the competition for basketball or soccer. Where were they? Did the officials of the Dwarf organization go to Ireland without a team? Why? Just trying to make sense of what happened.
    First of all, Debb, I think swissmiss posted that interview with Amy on Joy Behar is TONIGHT, so you have not missed it.

Here is a link from their website ... I guess they (DAAA) were all there. DAA - 2009 World Competition Results
    KAREN

The show seems to have gone the way of many reality shows where all they do anymore is travel. The show pays for it so why not I guess, but I don't really want to watch it. I prefer seeing how they cope as a regular family, not as celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3899676;
    First of all, Debb, I think swissmiss posted that interview with Amy on Joy Behar is TONIGHT, so you have not missed it.

Here is a link from their website ... I guess they (DAAA) were all there. DAA - 2009 World Competition Results
    Thanks for the link. They don't have anything for the Soccer results. You would think they would have that up by now, but the basket ball shows the USA won, which we know were The Statesmen. It appears that the DAAA went, but without a soccer or basketball team.

I thought the competition was just great. I really enjoyed watching them. Amy did really great too.

FORT Fanatic

I thought Amy did a great job on the Joy Behar show last night. Her hair and make-up were beautiful. She has her own charitable foundation and was plugging two upcoming activities - a cruise that will stop in Haiti and visit one or more orphanages. Anyone on the cruise signing up through her will have a donation made to her charity. She is also running a charity golf tournament back home to benefit a local charity.

Joy described her as being a wife, mother, and having two jobs. She didn't say what they were - they used to show Amy working at her pre-school and also working part-time in soccer. Is she still doing that apparently? The show hasn't mentioned that for a long time, and I assumed they were getting enough income from the show that she no longer held those two paid jobs.

Contrary to popular assumption, Amy said it was not Matt's idea to start the show. A producer came to them with the idea. She doesn't care if the house is a mess - she would rather participate in her children's activities. She does not consider herself a hoarder - she is just not good at organizing the house.

She brushed aside talk of divorce and indicated it was just normal after being married to the same person for 22 years.

Amy came across very well in the interview.

I think that Amy looked good last night. I really think she has lost weight and even had a little work done on the face. Her face definitely looks different, don't you think? Her face looked so different when they compared it to an old video shot. She seemed more relaxed than usual. That's good.

I think Joy's information was off about 2 jobs and maybe Amy just thought she was talking about charities or something. I can't see Amy keeping 2 jobs to herself and not bringing them up whenever she got the opportunity.

I guess she only goes on shows that won't press her about the horrible behavior on the show. I just wish someone would call them on it and say, how can you possibly talk to each other like that and still say everything is fine.

Maybe some families do operate that way behind closed doors. I don't know, because my family did not. I can't imagine talking to my parents like those kids do even for one second. I would cry from embarrassment and guilt if I ever did and hang my head in shame. It's just wrong. I wouldn't even talk to my worst enemy the way they address each other. But, perhaps they think it's okay. Maybe that is just how they operate. I feel for the spouses of their kids, because one day, they will treat their wives that way. Some people consider it abusive.

She says they have a housekeeper now. That's good. I think that allowing your kids to grow up and not learn the basics of good household hygiene and picking up laundry is a disservice to the kids. One day if they ever have roommates or spouses, they will then get how it effects other people. People who act like children and take no responsibility for their household stuff are a pain to deal with. I have ended relationships with people because of it. Neat people can become sloppy, but slobs can never become neat. You cannot change those people once they become adults. IMO it's a handicap. I have never said much about it, because there are so many larger problems in the home.

I think her excuse that she rather spend time with her kids and their activities than clean house is ridiculous. You can do both. Many people do. Plus, adult children should be doing their own housework. LOL.

I was doing laudry and houseework when I was 10 - no kidding. my Mom had the three of us kids helping doing things. Didn't work too well with my sister - she was a slob. But my Mother always said about my brother and myself, that "No one would ever say she didn't make sure her boys could take care of themselves".
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

There's nothing at all wrong in teaching children household skills and how to care for themselves and their (future) homes.
    In fact, I worked with a young woman who was going to a very elite college who's boyfriend would come by each week to pick up and do her laundry because she had never been taught how. I thought that was pretty sad.

Man, I was washing dishes when I was five. My mother's comments were,"If you are old enough to mess up, then you are old enough to clean up." She pulled a chair up to the sink and showed me how to wash dishes in her order and standards (anything that goes in your mouth gets washed first, i.e. cups, then flatware, then plates, etc.). My siblings and I had a week/ a piece. Some people looked forward to the New Year, we looked forward to the calander coming out to see you had to wash dishes on the major holidays I'm sorry, but I think Amy excuse about the house being messy is totally lame. Those kids will never learn.

+ Reply to Thread