+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

FORT Fanatic

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

I did not pick up on the assistant thing except that I felt Matt should at least have ASKED Amy if she wanted to handle some details and if not, he would ask the assistant to.

As to the asistant being at the house, Matt seemed to be working out of his home, so it's not surprising she would be familiar with the place. I know he used to have an office at a warehouse-type place where they made kits to sell to hotels. I don't know if that is still an on-going thing or not.

FORT Fanatic

In checking Joy Behar's blog, she is scheduled to inteview Amy Roloff on May 11. I've found it rather frustrating to try and keep up with who is going to be on her show, which in the east coast is 9 p.m. on CNN's HLN. She seems to inteview several people during the same hour. Sometimes her blogs list just some of the names or sometimes they are rescheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3895622;
    In checking Joy Behar's blog, she is scheduled to inteview Amy Roloff on May 11. I've found it rather frustrating to try and keep up with who is going to be on her show, which in the east coast is 9 p.m. on CNN's HLN. She seems to inteview several people during the same hour. Sometimes her blogs list just some of the names or sometimes they are rescheduled.
    I'd love a recap after the interview. I dislike Joy so much that I don't think there's a guest alive that could entice me to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3895622;

Thanks. That should be very interesting.

What gets me is that in these reality shows we see the family basically imploding. They all seem miserable and near divorce. Then when they go on a talk show, they say all is well, they have their differences like all couples, bla bla bla.... That is why I find it suspect and think it's mainly scripted, although they deny it. On the other hand, Amy has been all over Matt since day one of that show, so I do think their emotions are not fake.

I saw photos of the family a few weeks ago on vacation in Hawaii. I don't know if they were filming, but Amy and Matt looked happy walking down the beach in their swimsuits. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3896366;
    Thanks. That should be very interesting.

What gets me is that in these reality shows we see the family basically imploding. They all seem miserable and near divorce. Then when they go on a talk show, they say all is well, they have their differences like all couples, bla bla bla.... That is why I find it suspect and think it's mainly scripted, although they deny it. On the other hand, Amy has been all over Matt since day one of that show, so I do think their emotions are not fake.

I saw photos of the family a few weeks ago on vacation in Hawaii. I don't know if they were filming, but Amy and Matt looked happy walking down the beach in their swimsuits. LOL
    Ya, ITA w/you, Debb ... as at the beginning of this season, back in April, Matt & Amy were on Leno to kick off the new season and they were absolutely FINE. They walked out together, they did not interrupt each other while Jay asked them questions and they seemed very loving to each other and very respectful and cordial. Sooooo, now as we are watching this season unfold ... I am so confused. Because to have seen them on Leno at the start of the season and now to see how they are acting during the season ... confusing to say the least.

SOOOOO are all these reality shows s.c.r.i.p.t.e.d??????????
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3896490;
    Ya, ITA w/you, Debb ... as at the beginning of this season, back in April, Matt & Amy were on Leno to kick off the new season and they were absolutely FINE. They walked out together, they did not interrupt each other while Jay asked them questions and they seemed very loving to each other and very respectful and cordial. Sooooo, now as we are watching this season unfold ... I am so confused. Because to have seen them on Leno at the start of the season and now to see how they are acting during the season ... confusing to say the least.

SOOOOO are all these reality shows s.c.r.i.p.t.e.d??????????
    While I think that the situations are scripted (ie. they wouldn't be in that situation except for the show) I don't think that behavior and words are scripted, though certainly producers can ask leading questions that upset people and heighten drama.

Maybe the Roloff marriage was just been going through a rough patch and now that they've seen the footage (they do get to preview episodes) they were able to use that as a basis for resolving differences? It would be nice if a couple were able to see their problems and use the film to resolve differences, rather than the film emphasizing differences and driving couples apart.

Yes, you would think they would watch and even read some comments from viewers, but they have been on the air for quite awhile and I don't think their behavior has improved even a little bit. Same old arguments too. And forget about the behavior of Zach. LOL.

I saw them on Leno too. It was the body lanuage that spoke loudest to me. Amy had her hand resting on the armrest next to Matt. She kept it there near his. I don't think she would have done that if they were at odds. They both looked rested and relaxed. I thought they might have even gotten a little botox. I've never seen them looking better. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3896842;
    Yes, you would think they would watch and even read some comments from viewers, but they have been on the air for quite awhile and I don't think their behavior has improved even a little bit. Same old arguments too. And forget about the behavior of Zach. LOL.

I saw them on Leno too. It was the body lanuage that spoke loudest to me. Amy had her hand resting on the armrest next to Matt. She kept it there near his. I don't think she would have done that if they were at odds. They both looked rested and relaxed. I thought they might have even gotten a little botox. I've never seen them looking better. Go figure.
    I'm so glad you said this. I really like them and want things to be okay. Maybe things are just hyped up and edited for dramatic effect.

I used to really love this show and never missed and episode. But after last season seeing them constantly bicker, I stopped watching. Amy's a biotch and Matt is clueless. The kids are out of control, Zach is a punk, Jake is a BRAT, Molly's a spoiled little princess and Jeremy doesn't seem to care about anything. It's a trainwreck waitng to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3897023;
    I used to really love this show and never missed and episode. But after last season seeing them constantly bicker, I stopped watching. Amy's a biotch and Matt is clueless. The kids are out of control, Zach is a punk, Jake is a BRAT, Molly's a spoiled little princess and Jeremy doesn't seem to care about anything. It's a trainwreck waitng to happen.
    I think this description of the children is fairly accurate.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread