+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree182Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - TLC

I am having so much trouble watching this show now ... Amy and Matt even made ME feel uncomfortable with all their DISCORD. I think that the kiddos felt it, the soccer players felt it, while the assistant, Caryn, did not seem to care that Amy was upset by everything going on in the house.

And I was surprised at Jeremy ... he always seems to have his head on straight even if Matt doesn't ... but to agree to go traveling around Switzerland while his twin and his mom are in Belfast preparing for the Games. Just seemed very very selfish of Jeremy and Matt and to even miss the Opening Ceremonies.

Matt calling Zach to ask Zach to talk to Amy about this and that and not calling her himself ... to suck those kids into THEIR MESS ...
    so not good at all.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3893520;
    I am having so much trouble watching this show now ... Amy and Matt even made ME feel uncomfortable with all their DISCORD. I think that the kiddos felt it, the soccer players felt it, while the assistant, Caryn, did not seem to care that Amy was upset by everything going on in the house.

And I was surprised at Jeremy ... he always seems to have his head on straight even if Matt doesn't ... but to agree to go traveling around Switzerland while his twin and his mom are in Belfast preparing for the Games. Just seemed very very selfish of Jeremy and Matt and to even miss the Opening Ceremonies.

Matt calling Zach to ask Zach to talk to Amy about this and that and not calling her himself ... to suck those kids into THEIR MESS ...
    so not good at all.
    I agree. Last season I was feeling sorry for Matt with the tension between them and now I'm feeling for Amy. In a nutshell, both of them need serious counseling.
    If you've ever been around a couple bickering, you know how uncomfortable it makes you feel. That's the way I'm starting to get about this show - which I used to just love. What a shame.

FORT Fanatic

At the very least, Matt could have taken Jake and Molly on the trip to Switzerland, along with Jeremy. That would have been a little help to Amy at the games.

Some folks on another blog have suggested that Matt may have a drinking problem. He lost his license for about a year due to alchohol.

He reminds me of my Dad in many ways when it comes to always having a lot of ideas. But unlike Matt, my Dad did much of the work himself and cleaned up after himself. Of course, it did take him 7 years to put the doors on the built-in cabinets in the dining room!

Yep. I didn't see the episode all the way through, but I don't understand how he could justify being the "manager" but not being present. I guess he has a problem following through and being responsible. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he did have a drinking problem. The vibe I got last night was one of total selfishness. I hate to see couples having issues like this and wish they could get help. The feelings I have watching this and being powerless is not my idea of entertainment.

FORT Newbie

If I were the Duggars or Kleins, I would be shaking in my boots anxious for the contract with TLC to be finished. That channel is hard on a marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by lcmamom;3894175;
    If I were the Duggars or Kleins, I would be shaking in my boots anxious for the contract with TLC to be finished. That channel is hard on a marriage!

I think you really take a chance on your marriage when you sign up for a reality show. The track record is pretty high for divorce.

I do think the Roloffs would be at odds with each other, even if they weren't on a reality show, though. I just think Matt and Amy are very different. Maybe they weren't the best match in the beginning. Anyway, they keep hanging in there.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78;3893336;
    Did anyone watch last night? Whats with Matt's assistant?
    Yeah, the whole Matt and his assistant thing gave me the heebie jeebies. Especially when she was wearing his jacket at the campfire. A little too much familiarity, me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy;3895237;
    Yeah, the whole Matt and his assistant thing gave me the heebie jeebies. Especially when she was wearing his jacket at the campfire. A little too much familiarity, me thinks.
    OMG. I didn't notice. She was wearing his jacket? This is not good. I'm a Matt fan, but I can only hope this assistant is a scripted role for dramatic effect. If not, then I smell trouble. You can't place yourself in those kind of situations without being at risk. If he and Amy truly have a strained marriage, as it appears on the show, him working closely with a women by his side, is asking for trouble.

FORT Fan

Yeah, thats what I thought. She'd be given the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy;3895237;
    Really ... crap, I did not notice that BUT I did notice how she seemed just a little too comfortable around the Roloff home.
    I have seen Matt's secretaries in the past AT HIS OFFICE but I have never seen this one at all. Amy was dropping remarks left and right ... like when she went over the whole menu w/Zach prior to the soccer team showing up and then the asst says she has it all taken care of ... hmm, Amy was a little angry at that ...
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread