+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: Little People, Big World - Season 5 Premier - 10/12/2009

Anybody get the feeling that Matt and Amy are separated? Something is off.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

If they are at least they are keeping it out of the media.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3798819;
    Has anyone noticed that the previews for the next show keeps saying .... finale
    Not end of season. Must be going off the air.
    Yes I noticed that too. Maybe we will find out something tonight.

At the end of the episode the TLC "banner" came up and on it was Watch for new season of Little People Big world in April.

Listening to last night show for the 1st time in several years I have come to MY conclusions.
    Matt is a functioning alcoholic. When he drove off last night, there is no doubt in my mind he went to drink. Always showing up late for things. I lived with someone like this most of my life and the signs are there big time. The kids comments about how he was never there growing up. People will say he did things with the kids, but that was when the cameras were rolling.

FORT Fanatic

On his website a while back, Matt said that TLC is painting things more darkly than they actually are. However, it looks pretty bad to ME.

These episodes cover things that happened SO long ago. The twins must have graduated in May or June - that's about 8 months ago.

They showed a promo of a trip to Europe, and another blog said it happened last summer. By the time we see it, it could have happened almost a year ago.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

When I saw Amy last night at home alone when the lights went out, it was sad. Not because she was home alone, but because of her reaction to it. Her kids will grow up and leave. They already are. If you live your life totally wrapped up in your kids as the main relationships in your life, where does that leave you when they're adults? A healthy family has to put the kids needs first most of the time when they are young and need more but you can never lose sight of the fact that you were a couple before you were a parent (in most cases.)
    At least from the way that things have been portrayed, it would appear that Matt and Amy need serious counseling to see if they can get back the relationship they once had with one another. I hope for everyone's sake, they do that.
    And I have to agree that Matt disturbed me last night talking about how he can't wait around. How arrogant! Sorry, but that's a just a part of life sometimes.
    They both have "issues." Matt can be "out there" and probably does have a drinking problem. He doesn't seem to know how to parent and it seems he wasn't around when his kids were young. Amy is over protective of her kids and soooo wrong when she uses them in her fights with Matt. Plus she drives me crazy the way she doesn't enforce the children taking care of what they have. And SHEEESH! So you aren't a great housekeeper? I KNOW you can afford to get help. I'm not a neat-freak by any means, but what she displays to the public is pretty over the top. All the arguments of, "I'd rather spend time with my kids than clean house" is a cop-out and insulting to those who's homes are neater than her's.
    End of rant!

She acts like all her kids are gone. She still has 2 at home. Oh wait, she cannot live through their lives yet. If you look at the whole show, you never saw her meet girlfriends for dinner, shopping, just hanging out, actually seldom did the 2 of them ever go out with other friends.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3801762;
    She acts like all her kids are gone. She still has 2 at home. Oh wait, she cannot live through their lives yet. If you look at the whole show, you never saw her meet girlfriends for dinner, shopping, just hanging out, actually seldom did the 2 of them ever go out with other friends.
    I agree. My family is very important to me but I have my own life to lead and I am also lucky that I have a great relationship with my husband. We relish the time we have to spend tgether: cooking, swimming, riding bikes, watching movies and playing games, just the two of us.
    Amy is so wrapped up in her kid's lives. SHe needs to have a life of her own.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3801362;
    Listening to last night show for the 1st time in several years I have come to MY conclusions.
    Matt is a functioning alcoholic. When he drove off last night, there is no doubt in my mind he went to drink. Always showing up late for things. I lived with someone like this most of my life and the signs are there big time. The kids comments about how he was never there growing up. People will say he did things with the kids, but that was when the cameras were rolling.
    I think he is too. There was that episode earlier this season in which Amy was telling the kids "he's had too much," then later she explained to the camera that he was in a mood or something. And then he got that DUI a couple of years ago.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread