+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

Depending on their birth dates could make a difference when they started school. Where I live if you are not 5 by a certain date, you have to wait until the next year. Or they could have been held back a year.
    There's no place like home!

Don't they go to a private school? I don't know their history, but I have heard that it is more acceptable in a private school situation to hold back young students when they need it, rather than pushing not-yet-mature children on to the next grade to meet fed/state guidelines. Not so much of a stigma attached to it, and you end up with better students and better athletes.
    remember to play

Last night's episodes were so boring. The camping trip was awful during the first one, in the second one they're spanish was annoying the crap out of me.

I've only watched this show sporadically over the years so I can't comment on changes in the family, but my observations are that Zach and Molly seem to be the only kids that matter to Amy - Zach because he's little and Molly because she's the only girl AND a good student. Is Zach spoiled or what? Seems to me he does nothing, disagrees with everything, is allowed to cut school and at the same time meets with admissions counselors to universities, and gets to meet with the GM of a pro soccer team, all the while picking his zits on camera.

How does that family allow cameras to film all the disgusting mess in their house? How does the camera crew navigate through the dirty laundry all over the floor? Seems to me they've got plenty of money - why not hire a housekeeper? I hear Tamra Barney's housekeeper is available now . . .

And what's the deal between Amy & Matt? Are they Gosselinizing?

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3752725;
    I've only watched this show sporadically over the years so I can't comment on changes in the family, but my observations are that Zach and Molly seem to be the only kids that matter to Amy - Zach because he's little and Molly because she's the only girl AND a good student. Is Zach spoiled or what? Seems to me he does nothing, disagrees with everything, is allowed to cut school and at the same time meets with admissions counselors to universities, and gets to meet with the GM of a pro soccer team, all the while picking his zits on camera.

How does that family allow cameras to film all the disgusting mess in their house? How does the camera crew navigate through the dirty laundry all over the floor? Seems to me they've got plenty of money - why not hire a housekeeper? I hear Tamra Barney's housekeeper is available now . . .

And what's the deal between Amy & Matt? Are they Gosselinizing:
    Hey, you made up a new word! I like it.

Does anyone know if the season is over? My dvr did not tape last night.

Thanks.

last night was a repeat Momrek, my TV Week is showing new shows for Nov. 30th.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3756640;
    last night was a repeat Momrek, my TV Week is showing new shows for Nov. 30th.
    Aww..thanks so much for that info!!!

TONIGHT!!!

Nov 30, 8:00 pm
    Little People, Big World
    Little Slickers

It's a Roloff family first as Matt, Amy and all the kids rough it on a Utah dude ranch. Cattle-drives and a fun poker game add to the excitement, and everyone waits to see whether or not Matt will get on a horse.

Nov 30, 8:30 pm
    Little People, Big World
    Unhappy Trails

With lots of dude ranch fun yet in store, Matt decides to leave the trip early. After Matt skips several activities, he goes home, leaving Amy to finish another vacation alone with the kids.
    KAREN

I got an email from Matt today:

A warm hello to you & yours.....I hope this newsletter finds each of you healthy and in good spirits!

Another fun pumpkin season is behind us ....Every season has its own unique feeling and this year it was how much our family enjoyed meeting so many of YOU. A heartfelt thank you to the thousands of wonderful visitors we had. Papa & Honey (my folks) who greeted guests in our Western Town, kept track of where everyone traveled from. We could not believe we had visitors all the way from Hong Kong, Italy, Canada, Australia & more. We had guests from every state in the USA (except Delaware), too. It was truly humbling!

Today... as Fall moves silently into Winter, it is the perfect time for our family to reconnect with one another and take inventory of the past six years of our lives. With the filming of just over 200 episodes under our belt we feel the magnitude and accomplishments of this journey more than ever before. Currently we are not in production and are taking a much needed (and may I add) well-deserved break from the hustle of our oftentimes hectic filming season.

The show continues to air to a world-wide audience and we will be forever grateful to our loyal fans who have stuck by us. We are also blessed with the seemingly never ending stream of new viewers to Little People Big World. Both Amy and I sincerely thank you and take to heart the feedback (both good and bad) that you have given to us over the years. Keep it up!

We are so excited about the current season that is being aired and hope you're looking forward to so many more episodes thru Spring 2010....

Family Updates!

Amy and I are enjoying and making the most of this unique quiet time. We realize more and more how essential spending uninterrupted time together is. It is wonderful to just catch up with each other and plan private evenings going out to dinner or a movie.

We also continue to help & advocate for little people everywhere. Hot on the heels of her hugely successful golf charity event (I am so proud of her), Amy continues to bolster her Amy Roloff Charity Foundation (check out her upcoming cruise) Amy Roloff Charity Foundation. I'm busy working on a local Grant for CoDa Coalition for Dwarf Advocacy that would ultimately provide customized bikes for Little People Kids who cannot afford them. Wish us luck!

Both Jeremy and Zach are busy taking a variety of college courses and seem to have re-found their academic focus (even getting grades to be proud of)! Zach's one true passion remains his job teaching & coaching youth soccer. Could Zach own & operate his own business (perhaps sooner than anyone might think)? Jeremy recently got bitten by the "photography" bug and is seriously thinking about how to infuse this hobby into his plans for the future.

Molly knocked out yet another quarter of straight A's !! There is not much she can't do when she puts her mind to it. She is enjoying her newfound freedom that comes with being able to drive (but true to her nature, she can most often be found here at the farm absorbed in a good book or baking something delicious in the kitchen with mom).

And... the baby of the bunch... Jacob George. Never a lack of being a BOY in his system. (LOL) As the youngest, he's had to work extra hard to find his place but just like his brothers and sister he won't stop until he's made his own mark on our family journey. Jacob and I spent the entire day together just last week and he was so incredibly helpful to me. He continues to grow by leaps & bounds on all levels.

Farm Updates....

-- Need a unique holiday gift idea? Check out our new "cool" pumpkin soldier items! And.....during the month of December, "Our gift to you" ....Get a FREE Roloff Farms Logo safety clip light with minimum purchase of $30.00 or more. (visit our on-line store at: www.mattroloff.com/shop for details).

--"Private Farm Tours" ~ With so many visitors traveling from far away & with encouragement from the local visitors bureau we have decided to extend our Golden Pass Private Farm Tours. Please visit our website at Roloff Farms Matt Amy Roloff Little People Big World for more information.

-- Speaking Website Launch ~ The honor of speaking to groups, universities & corporations across the country allows me to share my personal stories & messages of hope & resiliency. It also enables me to connect face to face with so many of you that inspire me. Though still under construction...be sure to visit my new speaking website at: Matt Roloff Speaking Engagements - Programs.

From our house to yours... we wish you a very happy, beautiful & blessed holiday season. Spend time making memories with those you love most!

Matt
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread