+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Little People, Big World - TLC

Re: ~ Little People, Big World ~ Season 5 Premier ~ 10/12/2009

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3747002;
    We watched the show last night for the first time in a long time. Lots of things haven't changed, and that's sad.

Zach has always given off a "know it all" vibe. Now that he's out in the world dealing with someone other than his fan club (Mom), he's learning that other people expect him to do what he's told - like a written plan for coaching soccer. He continues to have delusions of grandeur.

There was nothing fun about watching the Roloffs last night.
    I watched pieces of this show and feel the same as your post. Zach seems to think that he should be handed something for nothing and he will be a master of everything. I am not sure if I will watch this again.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I watched House last night and missed LPBW. It's been a train wreck this season, so I guess I didn't miss anything. It was stupidity on their part to give Jake the phone, why not get him a prepay phone if he just needs one for emergencys. I've always felt that Zach has a "know it all" attitude too. Maybe the head coach will put him in his place, knock him down to size.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3747698;
    It was stupidity on their part to give Jake the phone, why not get him a prepay phone if he just needs one for emergencys.
    Exactly. My son is almost 17 and he still has a pre-paid phone. It's a very nice one that has all the features of a Blackberry or iPhone but he knows not to abuse it because he is responsible for buying the airtime on it.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3747698;
    Maybe the head coach will put him in his place, knock him down to size.
    Harleyswife: I had to laugh at the part of your comment "knock him down to size"
    I've always liked this show but haven't had an opportunity to watch any of the new season however, it sounds like it's getting to be too painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;3747998;
    Harleyswife: I had to laugh at the part of your comment "knock him down to size"
    I've always liked this show but haven't had an opportunity to watch any of the new season however, it sounds like it's getting to be too painful to watch.

The pre-paid phone idea is a good one and if jacob ever gets a phone again they should consider this.
    The unlimited text plan I don't agree with. Not at his age. What would he have learned if he had that. Only that he can text all day and night without any consequences.

FORT Fan

It's amazing how much the Roloffs have changed and it's all for the worse. It seems like it always happens when "regular" folks get money and fame. The show used to seem real. Now I get the feeling a lot of it is staged.

I used to be able to relate to them. Who can relate to them now? If the $2700 phone bill from a 12 year old was real, that is obscene and disgusting. Some people live on that amount of money for a couple of months. Matt and Amy didn't even seem that upset over the cost. That shows how rich they've become and unrelatable to the average person.

If it was them, shame on them for lying and trying to play it off as reality.

Someone a few comments got it right, in my opinion. Everything on the show that you see them do or get is a freebie. That's why they have the long list of companies they thank in the closing credits.

Amy casually says she arranged for the boys to have box seats at a pro soccer game and private meeting with the co-owner/GM....yeah that's realistic for the average person. The kids, especially Jeremy, Zach and Jacob are so spoiled and they don't even know that they take it all for granted.

When the money and freebies from the show finally come to an end, I wonder about what will happen to them? Jeremy and Zach have no work ethic and an unrealistic view of the world, that things will be handed to them because of who they are.

Wow, I haven't kept up with this show, but it sounds like things have really changed!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by CC2003;3749505;
    It's amazing how much the Roloffs have changed and it's all for the worse. It seems like it always happens when "regular" folks get money and fame. The show used to seem real. Now I get the feeling a lot of it is staged.

I used to be able to relate to them. Who can relate to them now? If the $2700 phone bill from a 12 year old was real, that is obscene and disgusting. Some people live on that amount of money for a couple of months. Matt and Amy didn't even seem that upset over the cost. That shows how rich they've become and unrelatable to the average person.

If it was them, shame on them for lying and trying to play it off as reality.

Someone a few comments got it right, in my opinion. Everything on the show that you see them do or get is a freebie. That's why they have the long list of companies they thank in the closing credits.

Amy casually says she arranged for the boys to have box seats at a pro soccer game and private meeting with the co-owner/GM....yeah that's realistic for the average person. The kids, especially Jeremy, Zach and Jacob are so spoiled and they don't even know that they take it all for granted.

When the money and freebies from the show finally come to an end, I wonder about what will happen to them? Jeremy and Zach have no work ethic and an unrealistic view of the world, that things will be handed to them because of who they are.
    Very well posted. This family has gone from the Roloffs trying to make the farm work and their lives as little people to people that I cannot relate to anymore. I really think that the boys are all in for a rude awakening.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

IMO they have always been in it for the money. All reality familes are doing this for money, there is no other reason.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread