+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

Battle of the Blades

I just found this on CBC. Its a new upcoming reality show freaturing hockey players teamed up with figure skaters! Kind of like DWTS on skates! It could be good, or very very bad. Here's a link if you are interested.
    Battle of the Blades | CBC Television

Re: Battle of the Blades

I would love to watch this but unfortunately won't be able to cause the US can't watch Canadian TV online. Still I like the premise of the show and I think the teams will be fairly balanced with all the males being hockey players vs the females being figure skaters. Shows like Dancing with the Stars, I think the male celebrities have an easier time then the female celebrities because the assumption is females can already dance and males can't, so if a male successfully completes a dance without tripping over his feet if is given tons of credit. I wonder if the hockey players will have problems with the toe picks. I remember that one movie with the male hockey player teaming up with the female figure skater and he kept tripping over the toe picks on his figure skating blades.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Bearcata--hopefully you can catch episodes on Surf the Channel, or other such sites. I didnt realize that CBC's shows werent accessible outside Canada. There's a lot of sites that wont let you see their shows if you live outside the US, too--so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3697094;
    Bearcata--hopefully you can catch episodes on Surf the Channel, or other such sites. I didnt realize that CBC's shows werent accessible outside Canada. There's a lot of sites that wont let you see their shows if you live outside the US, too--so unfair.
    I know I tried to watch a couple of shows online and I was not able to. Something to do with regions, CODECS and advertising dollars I think.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just saw a commercial about this last night. I can't believe I had not heard anything about it before. This is going to be fantastic. It looks like everyone has been choosen now! Looking forward to seeing these guys perform routines.

I know the frustration of not being able to watch online That happens alot between Canada watching a U.S. program as well.

FORT Fogey

This looks fantastic! Would love to watch!

It looks like they will announce the pairs the first night? Maybe we can have sub threads on the pairs!

You can pair them up online! The link is in the first post of this thread.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3700805;
    This looks fantastic! Would love to watch!
    Yeah me too, dagnabby!

This would be a fun show to watch, several of the Canadian figure skaters are really wonderful.
    I forget who Barbara Underhill used to skate with professionally, they were a beautiful couple on the ice. I think she retired quite a few years ago.

Barbara Underhill used to skate with Paul Martini, if I remember correctly...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast