+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

Re: Battle of the Blades

I thought it was very endearing that the guys were worried about looking stupid in public and dropping the girl!! These men worked in a very macho high pressure game for years and its nice to see the their softer side underneath.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4070068;
    They actually go through some preliminary training before they determine who the best pairs would be, which is an awesome idea that they might want to try on DWTS.
    Yes, I agree. It's a smart idea that makes a lot of sense.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

He gets a skate to the head, 12 stiches later, and returns to the ice! A true hockey player!

Jamiesalebotb Jamie Sale
    George is a trooper...he's back w bandage around his head (12 stitches) and goin back out to sk8. Whata guy!
    Battle of the Blades - Blog - Laraque receives stitches after close call

I might even vote this year. I am loving Ron McClean and Browning as hosts. Some of these back stories are really tearing me up (I'm such a sap). I really love how hard the hockey players try to be figure skaters. You can see how athletic they all are. I"m actually sad that one of them will be leaving.

George Laraque has now replaced Russ Courtnall in my top three favorites, and not because he kept going after being wounded but because he has a delightful personality. So my top three for various and silly reasons are George Laraque (the aforementioned delightful personality), Patrice Brisebois (love his accent), and Theo Fleury (not sure why - he just resonates with me emotionally for some reason).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Going into the competition Georges Laraque was my favourite.
    He seems like such a great guy. I read at the hockey site I visit, from a huge oilers fan, that when he left Edmonton he signed autographs for the fans for hours. There are always stories on that board from fans of the teams that he's been with about what a great guy he is.
    He always seems so happy too, just a lovely bloke all round.

I loved Fleurry wearing the eyeliner and nail varnish and thought it was very touching that this season is dedicated to Bob Probert.
    I thought they all did really well last night.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wonderful show that brings so many layers of skating to us! Love the personalities of the hockey players and their desire to try something completely new. The women must be the most patient people on Earth--and the bravest to let these guys pick them up, or throw them and catch! A lot can go wrong, but amazingly it all comes together.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Loving this season so far. The guys are more accomplished for yet so early in the competition than last year's guys were at the beginning of last season. Really, really impressed with their efforts.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

What a show! Patrice Brisbois is my fav only because I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan. Aside from that, the back stories are heartwarming, wow. I really like Ron and Kurt together too, they make a great pair. The dedication to Bob Probert was very nice.

Those darn Russians. They were good!

Great music choices as well. This is such an awesome show, I thoroughly enjoyed it last year, and am so glad they are back. Most of the pairs are on f/b and twitter, and there is a live chat on the CBC website during the show. Kurt Warner joined the live chat last week.

Eyeliner and nail polish!

+ Reply to Thread