+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Battle of the Blades

Awesome news!!! Was this quote from an official article or something?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Whooo hoooo! Its back!!! I love Russ Courtnall, and can you imagine WG!!! I'd love it! I follow them on twiter cbcbattle, they've posted some pics of some of the skaters on their face book, Battle of the Blades!

Russ Courtnall, our newest hockey player, just told everyone at CBC Fall Launch that both Wayne Gretzky and Pam Anderson told him to go for on BOTB season two!
    Yesterday at 12:57pm

Whooo hoooo! Its back!!! I love Russ Courtnall, and can you imagine WG!!! I'd love it! I follow them on twiter cbcbattle, they've posted some pics of some of the skaters on their facebook!

Russ Courtnall, our newest hockey player, just told everyone at CBC Fall Launch that both Wayne Gretzky and Pam Anderson told him to go for on BOTB season two!
    Yesterday at 12:57pm

I saw the first commercial for Battle of the Blades the other night, during the NHL awards!!

Battle of the Blades Season 2 Casts have been announced!! Premiers Sunday September 26/2010! Airs Sunday's and Mondays.

CBC reveals star-studded cast
    The hit series Battle of the Blades is back on CBC Television for another season that promises more drama, blood, sweat, tears and, for the first time, world-class international competitors from Russia and the United States. With a fresh crop of eight ex-NHL hockey players including Theo Fleury and Patrice Brisebois, as well as four returning and four new champion figure skaters including the legendary Ekaterina Gordeeva, the competition will be fierce for the top prize of $100,000, donated to the winners' charity of choice.
    Battle of the Blades - Blog - CBC reveals star-studded cast

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

OMG - sooooo excited for this show!! The only NHLer I recognize from that list is Russ Courtnall. Love the line up of female figure skaters though. As someone else commented on the blog, I'd love to see a twist on this show with women hockey players pairing up with male figure skaters. Would love to see the likes of Elvis Stojko, Victor Kratz, Emmanual Sandu competing on this show.

Maybe one of these days....
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

They must be keeping the pairs a secret until the premier, I don't see it anywhere on the website?

I like all the NHL'ers but Patrice Brisebois is my favourite. I can't wait to see who he's paired up with.

I love this show as well. It was way more entertaining than I thought it would be. I'm going to have to DVR it since Amazing Race is on at the same time. I am loving the contestants this year and looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4068573;
    They must be keeping the pairs a secret until the premier, I don't see it anywhere on the website?

I like all the NHL'ers but Patrice Brisebois is my favourite. I can't wait to see who he's paired up with.
    They actually go through some preliminary training before they determine who the best pairs would be, which is an awesome idea that they might want to try on DWTS.

Just watched the premier episode - my three favourites are Patrice Brisebois, Theo Fleury and Russ Courtnall.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This show is my secret vice I think it is going to be great. I love the way the hockey players come in and really gain respect for figure skating. Also, some of these back stories were very compelling. I'm not ashamed to say I teared up a couple of times.

+ Reply to Thread