+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Battle of the Blades

Great, great show last night. I'm going to really miss this on Sunday nights when it is over. Katerwina Witt was a ball of fun last night. And to think I hated her back when she was in her amatuer figure-skating prime. Thought she was a major primadonna back then. It was great to see her again and I loved her daring and risque comments.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Shae-lynn's and Claude's performance to Hallelujah, and the fact that Claude sang on the soundtrack made it all the more marvelous! I was floored. I had no idea this guy could sing and so wonderfully to boot! Pleasantly surprised indeed. LOL. Loved seeing their tango performance again too. Excellent.

The other two couples were great too. I'm pegging either Shae-lynn and Claude to win it at this point, or Jamie and Craig. Although I'm certainly not ruling Marie-France and Stephane out at all. Weren't they the first of the couples to get 6.0's?

I agree that it's always great to see what celebs are in the audience. There has certainly been an interesting lineup of them so far.

It'll be great seeing the entire lineup of couples once again next week. Gonna really hate to see this show go though. Would be nice if they brought it back with the male figure skaters paired with some female celebs. How I'd love to see Stojko, Buttle and some of the others out there too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Oh man!!! My heart stopped when I didn't see Marie France on the ice. Geesh!!! I felt so bad for Stephane, (because I'm biased and I love those two together) I'm glad they decided to have all three couples back next Sunday rather than eliminating one couple last night using a taped performance.

Shae-lynn and Claude's performance to Hallelujah was beautiful, She looked like an angel and he was just terrific. Jamie and Craig also skate in such unison its unbelievable these guys used to crash against boards and give body checks like no tomorrow. Marie-France and Stephane were the first couple to get 6's, but their fan base isn't as large as the other two, I'm not sure why, but then again, maybe I'm biased.

I have to admit, I also enjoy Kurt Browning as co host, I think he's doing a great job. I loved the flirty comments Katarina made, she didn't hold back.

How about that performance at the begining, was it Shae-Lynne and someone else? can't remember his name Sean?. Wow, that was fantastic. He was twirling her around like a rag doll.

I would love to see the male figure skaters teamed up with female celebs in the future.

I too am really going to hate to see the end of this show. Whoever thought of this, should be congratulated on such a great idea.

The Fans benefit, the charities benefit, its a win win. Love love love it too!!

ETA Sorry, it was Jodeyne Higgins and Sean Rice that did the opening performance.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 11-10-2009 at 08:57 AM.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/sports/hockey/11blades.html?_r=2&th&emc=th

Here's a great article for this popular show. I look forward to many more seasons, as I watch the last night of performances with the results night tomorrow night.

Thanks for the link GA.

All three pairs were amazing tonight, I will miss it on Sundays.

So sad this show is over. I have IMMENSELY enjoyed it. What will I look forward to on Sunday nights now??? I noticed Claude mentioned jokingly last night to Doug Gilmour (whom it was nice to see, btw... ) that he should be on next year's show. So maybe there will be another season of the show after all. It certainly has been successful enough, for starters.

And yes, thanks for the link.

I started tuning in about half way through the series and I love it! I will definitely watch it if they do another season.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3751384;
    So sad this show is over. I have IMMENSELY enjoyed it. What will I look forward to on Sunday nights now??? I noticed Claude mentioned jokingly last night to Doug Gilmour (whom it was nice to see, btw... ) that he should be on next year's show. So maybe there will be another season of the show after all. It certainly has been successful enough, for starters.

And yes, thanks for the link.
    Yes, I caught that too and was hoping there would be more series. Ron McLean said last night "See you next year", so it sounds like our wishes will come true.

The good thing is there will be another series, the sad thing is do we have to wait till Nov/2010??

What a great show, I thoroughly enjoyed this. Even though my pair didn't win, (3rd), they all showed their commitment in trying to do well for their respective charities.

I liked how they showed the well wishers from some of the current NHL players, some of them were cute.

The performance by Barbara Underhill and her daughter was so touching.

At $5.00/ticket, a whole family can enjoy an evening at Maple Leaf Gardens and even have dinner out.

This has been my very best favourite show in a long time. Thanks CBC/Battle!

Guess what?! I heard on the radio this morning that due to the success of the (Canadian) Battle of the Blades show it will now become a franchise show and be aired in other countries as well! That is awesome news!

So with that news, it looks like a lock that it will be returning to CBC again and again. At least the Canadian version of it anyway. If we're lucky, maybe CBC will also air other countries version of this show too.

I kind of pegged either Jamie/Craig or Shae-lynn/Claude to win, so I'm not surprised that Jamie/Craig won.

So sad it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3751984;
    Guess what?! I heard on the radio this morning that due to the success of the (Canadian) Battle of the Blades show it will now become a franchise show and be aired in other countries as well! That is awesome news!

So with that news, it looks like a lock that it will be returning to CBC again and again. At least the Canadian version of it anyway. If we're lucky, maybe CBC will also air other countries version of this show too.

I kind of pegged either Jamie/Craig or Shae-lynn/Claude to win, so I'm not surprised that Jamie/Craig won.

So sad it's over.
    That's fantastic news! That goes hand in hand with the article I posted upthread I saw the other day. There are alot of hockey towns outside of Canada that will love it too, not to mention the figure skating fans!

Get ready to Battle next fall!
    CBC has announced the return of Battle of the Blades to the fall 2010 schedule.So, who would you like to see - both men and women - lace up the blades and compete?

!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread