+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 133
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3733014;
    I can see Jamie/Craig winning this too.

    It's good to see the guys out of their element, yet enjoying themselves so much. I do hope CBC makes this show a seasonal show. It would be a good way to bring most especially, the retired figure skaters back into the mix. I'd like to see them somehow feature the male figure skaters teaming up with some of the hockey players from the Canadian women's hockey team or something to that effect. Would love to see the likes of Victor Kratz, David Pelletier, Elvis Stojko etc., get the chance to compete in this format also. I also like the celebrity judge idea too.
    I hope so too, with regards to the bold. Its all for charity and what a great way for them to promote their favourite charities and have some healthy contributions even if they get iced.

    You have some great ideas! You should suggest them!

    I can't find any information on whether they plan on continuing or not. Maybe they are going to see how they do with this first.

  2. #42
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Whew!!! What a performance by Stephane Richer and Marie France Durbreuil!!! Very beautiful! I gotta go vote!

  3. #43
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Darn! Missed the show last night!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  4. #44
    FORT Fanatic imajunkie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    609

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    If you missed.... you GOTTA go watch! A lot of firsts, first one-armed lift, first jump, it was amazing! I haven't been on the Sale/Simpson bandwagon just because I thought if they were matched up they would be ringers, but I do have to say they were amazing last night!

  5. #45
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Sounds like it was probably one of the best episodes yet! One-armed lifts? WOw..the guys really are getting better and better as each week goes on.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3736609;
    Sounds like it was probably one of the best episodes yet! One-armed lifts? WOw..the guys really are getting better and better as each week goes on.
    Yes they are! They have named the two arm lift/pumping effect, the Richer lift!

    He held his partner up with two hands as if he was pumping iron.

    I'm going to be sad when this is over. Only 4 pairs remain.

  7. #47
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Last night they show clips of last week's show and I see what you mean...The Richer Lift...appropriate name. Boy oh boy the guys are trying some gutsy moves as the weeks wear on. Was that some sort of side-by-side axel Jamie and Craig did last night? Good on him! lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  8. #48
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3741281;
    Last night they show clips of last week's show and I see what you mean...The Richer Lift...appropriate name. Boy oh boy the guys are trying some gutsy moves as the weeks wear on. Was that some sort of side-by-side axel Jamie and Craig did last night? Good on him! lol
    Can you believe these guys??? Yes, Jamie and Craig doing side by side axels! Stephane did a double Richer Lift! I'm so glad he's still in, they are my fav couple.

    It makes me so nervous when they do the lifts and fancy moves. Someone said at the begining of all this, the skaters have to trust their partners where as all their skating careers that was not an issue. I cringe every time I see a lift, but am so glad when they pull it off.

    I think Jamie and Craig are going to win. He was pretty good from the start and has just gotten better each week!

    I'm hoping they will have more shows after this one is over.

  9. #49
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3743345;
    Can you believe these guys??? Yes, Jamie and Craig doing side by side axels! Stephane did a double Richer Lift! I'm so glad he's still in, they are my fav couple.

    It makes me so nervous when they do the lifts and fancy moves. Someone said at the begining of all this, the skaters have to trust their partners where as all their skating careers that was not an issue. I cringe every time I see a lift, but am so glad when they pull it off.

    I think Jamie and Craig are going to win. He was pretty good from the start and has just gotten better each week!

    I'm hoping they will have more shows after this one is over.

    I hear about the cringing over the lifts thing. I've ALWAYS cringed whenever a skating team does any type of lift, even when both are pros, let alone hockey players who while they're strong enough to lift the women, have to be able to also balance themselves while holding their partner in the air, on ice skates no less. My heart is in my throat everytime...lol

    I also thing Jamie and Craig have this thing all wrapped up, with Shae and her partner (can't remember his name...Stephane?) coming in a close second.

    I am loving this show and loving that they are featuring different guest judges each week.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  10. #50
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    This was fantastic tonight!! They are down to 3 couples, and we even saw some perfect 6's tonight! I love my favourite couple Stephane and Marie France, they are doing well, but the other 2 couples are great too! I hope I can rewatch their performance somewhere, that was beautiful.

    My, hasn't Katerina Witt changed since the Olympics, jeepers!?

    Nice to see Glenn Sather in the audience, Chris and Steven from the HGTV and a few others.

    What a great show, I sure hope they have more in the near future. It has taken me away from TAR!

    I'm nervous for tomorrow night.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.