+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 133
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

  1. #31
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,516

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    When we were growing up my parents always ended up watching the Canadian news cause if you watched the American national and international news you didn't know that other countries outside of America existed. With the Canadian international news there was also a more objective point of view vs the American isolationistic p.o.v.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  2. #32
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3720968;
    When we were growing up my parents always ended up watching the Canadian news cause if you watched the American national and international news you didn't know that other countries outside of America existed. With the Canadian international news there was also a more objective point of view vs the American isolationistic p.o.v.
    ITA with you there Bearcata. As far as the TV antennas, they took those away too. My mother, 78 yrs old, had to get a cable box, it was bad enough getting rid of her rotary phone

    The other thing with the olden days, is you could watch any hockey team you wanted, there were only 6 teams. Now, with 30 teams, if you don't have satelite and 1000's of stations, you only get to see what the local station covers.

  3. #33
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,516

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    I don't know if I should even mention the border on the lakes and how the American fishing boats think it is OK to cross the border but yell bloody murder if the Canadians do the same thing. Then there is that huge argument about acid rain. The Canadian/American border is the longest supposedly friendly unarmed border in the world why oh why do people want to mess that up.

    Did you ever notice that everyone in the world likes Canadians and that no one wants to go to war with them. Big accomplishment in my book.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #34
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Here we go again! I love this show. I think Ron Duguay and Barbara Underhill are going to win this, he is so smooth! I hope they continue with this show with alot more epis!

    ETA I spoke to soon, Craig Simpson Jamie Sale, just got a standing O!!! You can tell everyone is more comfortable this week. (Except for Glenn Anderson who fell our first fall. )

    ETA again! My fav team Marie France Dubreuil and Stephane Richer are perfect together!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 10-11-2009 at 08:47 PM.

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    For those who can't watch the show, their website is advising to watch the shows on you tube. Just search battle of the blades. I hope this helps.

  6. #36
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,516

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3725776;
    For those who can't watch the show, their website is advising to watch the shows on you tube. Just search battle of the blades. I hope this helps.
    It works better if you go to youtube and then type in the the name of the couple (or one of the names) and battle of the blades otherwise you miss out on a lot of clips. I tried both ways with just battle of the blades and than with battle of the blades and "a name". It works much, much better with the names.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3726631;
    It works better if you go to youtube and then type in the the name of the couple (or one of the names) and battle of the blades otherwise you miss out on a lot of clips. I tried both ways with just battle of the blades and than with battle of the blades and "a name". It works much, much better with the names.
    Great! I hope that helps those who can't view it ! I just might drum up the nerve to drive the 1 1/2 hours of pain in the neck drive to Toronto to see a show!

  8. #38
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3724689;

    ETA I spoke to soon, Craig Simpson Jamie Sale, just got a standing O!!! !
    Weren't they WONDERFUL?! I believe them as a legitimate pairs team. Simpson had all the nuances of a male pairs figure skater right down to the T. Good for him. It was a joy to watch. The others did pretty good too, but Jamie and Shae-lynn's teams stood out above all the others imo.

    Who got eliminated this week? I usually don't get to see the results show because I'm usually doing my workout during that time.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;3729196;
    Weren't they WONDERFUL?! I believe them as a legitimate pairs team. Simpson had all the nuances of a male pairs figure skater right down to the T. Good for him. It was a joy to watch. The others did pretty good too, but Jamie and Shae-lynn's teams stood out above all the others imo.

    Who got eliminated this week? I usually don't get to see the results show because I'm usually doing my workout during that time.
    Here we go again! This is my favourite show on right now, by far!

    Glenn Anderson and Isabel Brasseur got eliminated last week.

    My fav is Stephane Richer and Marie France Durbreuil. They were in the bottom two two weeks in a row, and had to skate off

    Its just amazing to watch these couples. Simpson/Sale just skated, I think they are going to win this, he's pretty good!

  10. #40
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: Battle of the Blades

    I can see Jamie/Craig winning this too.

    It's good to see the guys out of their element, yet enjoying themselves so much. I do hope CBC makes this show a seasonal show. It would be a good way to bring most especially, the retired figure skaters back into the mix. I'd like to see them somehow feature the male figure skaters teaming up with some of the hockey players from the Canadian women's hockey team or something to that effect. Would love to see the likes of Victor Kratz, David Pelletier, Elvis Stojko etc., get the chance to compete in this format also. I also like the celebrity judge idea too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.