+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

Re: Battle of the Blades

So sad to lose Patrice , but I knew that it was coming. Kelly and Kyoko's routine was better, and was performed better. Ah well, perhaps Patrice will return in the upcoming second chance this weekend.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I had a function to go to last night, so I'm glad I didn't have to see him get iced.

I hope he gets the second chance, and stays around longer!

Just thought I'd let any fellow Theo fans know that The Fall and Rise of Theo Fluery is being rerun on The Fifth Estate on CBC at 9pm this Friday.

With news that a Canada-wide arrest warrant has been issued for convicted sex offender and former junior hockey coach Graham James, the fifth estate presents an updated broadcast of The Fall and Rise of Theo Fleury, containing new details and footage.
    Originally broadcast in October 2009, Theo Fleury's candid and emotional conversation with host Bob McKeown marked the first time the star hockey player and current star of Battle of the Blades went on the record to talk about the dark secrets that haunted him during his glory years in the NHL and the staggering fall from grace that cost him millions of dollars, his family and almost, his life.
    I didn't see the original airing, but will definitely tune tomorrow. You can also watch it online.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just saw the second chance skates. Absolutely loved Patrice and Shae-Lynn's dance to Monster Mash. So much so that I'm going to have to make Mr. Rattus watch it as well when he gets home .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I really enjoyed that routine.
    I don't think they should have gone last week.
    Not sure why all the judges though Kelly was better. Not on my screen he wasn't.
    "That's Numberwang!"

So sad to see Theo go, though in all honesty he was not the best figure skater. I liked his spirit, though. I am now hoping for a Patrice win. I will concede that Val may be the best technical skater, but something is missing so I don't feel compelled to watch him skate. Patrice is a close second technically, but he has the charisma that makes his routines just that much better.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4101234;
    So sad to see Theo go, though in all honesty he was not the best figure skater. I liked his spirit, though. I am now hoping for a Patrice win. I will concede that Val may be the best technical skater, but something is missing so I don't feel compelled to watch him skate. Patrice is a close second technically, but he has the charisma that makes his routines just that much better.
    Who is left in this competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;4101248;
    Who is left in this competition?
    Patrice Brisebois, Val Bure, Kelly Chase and Todd Warriner.

Whew! I was away and missed the show two weeks in a row! I'm so glad Patrice is still in it. I'm looking for the Monster Mash routine that I missed, their costumes looked fantastic.

IA Rattus, sad to see Theo leave, however he really wasn't in the top as far as performance. It kinda bugged me that he tweeted today, asking if anyone had trouble voting. I guess some people had trouble, but it comes across as a sore looser.

IMO this will be a Brisebois Bure show down!

Have any of you checked out the FB page for Battle of the Blades? It's a bit insane. I was reading it, and there is an ongoing battle that the province of Sask. is power voting for Kelly and Kyoko (so what?) and it's getting ludicrous. Someone actually said (and I'm paraphrasing here): " This is not what our veterans fought for" I guess the Battle of Normandy was a pre-cursor for Battle of the Blades !!?? People really get so overwrought about this show. All of them are skating for Canadian charities, so it's a winning situation no matter who takes home the trophy.

+ Reply to Thread