+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battle of the Blades

Re: Battle of the Blades

Sad to see George go, but Todd's routine was truly the better one. That "shoot the duck" thing was pretty awesome on top of it.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Its so sad to see a pair iced. Georges is an incredible gentle giant. Who would have thought? I thought they skated even better than on Sunday night but had a feeling they were going to be eliminated.

They are all skating so well IMO, it must be so hard for the judges. Speaking of which, Jeremy is starting to bug me. He was a great hockey player, very dedicated, and won many awards, but that mouth always caused controversy. I'm just not liking him as a judge. He says silly things, like telling Georges he should have played hockey with figure skates. Maybe I just don't get it but that was a stupid comment. Ok rant over.

I gave votes to everyone, but more for Patrice.

Johnny Weir is going to skate tonight to Lady Gaga. That should be interesting

I like Theo more and more each week.
    I only started to seriously watch hockey in the last five years or so and had only heard on Theo as a hard man or pest. He seems like a great guy. Good sense of humour about himself and is clearly having fun.

I like all the pairings the year so I'll going to be disappointed to some degree every week when a team is eliminated.
    "That's Numberwang!"

One of the things I like best about Theo is that he is truly getting into it. He may not be the most technically skillful of the men, but he is obviously putting his heart into it without showing any reticence or embarrassment about doing routines you know a lot of hockey players think are silly or girly.

ETA: Oh yeah, meant to post about how impressed I was with Kurt Browning's dance. I don't watch figure skating, so most of this stuff is a mystery to me, but holy cow, that was one fine ice dance.
    Last edited by Rattus; 10-19-2010 at 12:47 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Kurt Browning was amazing. I was surprised to see Val and Katia in the bottom 2 again. I think he just comes across a bit cold. Technically, they are always near the top. Although, this week I thought he did much better with his "acting" skills. I love all hockey players this season. They come across as such genuine guys so I hate to see anyone go.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I have missed this show this past couple of weeks..saw the elimination show last night. Didn't see Jamie Sale and her partner anywhere...did she and her partner get eliminated already?
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4087223;
    I was surprised to see Val and Katia in the bottom 2 again. I think he just comes across a bit cold. Technically, they are always near the top. Although, this week I thought he did much better with his "acting" skills.
    I think that it is primarily his lack of warmth that is doing him in. I think that Patrice is doing nearly as well technically, but he adds a lot of personality (plus he has that divine accent and is pretty good-looking, to boot) and that might sway those inclined to vote for the technical best.
    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4087695;
    I have missed this show this past couple of weeks..saw the elimination show last night. Didn't see Jamie Sale and her partner anywhere...did she and her partner get eliminated already?
    Jamie is partnered with Theo and they are still on. I think Theo might be a bit of a fan favourite (or maybe just my favourite ), so I don't think they're going anywhere soon.

I agree, Rattus. Patrice is hot! I also love Theo, and the fact that he really gets into whatever the theme is. Another favourite of mine is Kelly, the Saskatchewan boy. When he talked about his brain lesion, his kids, overcoming all of that....yeah, he had me.

What a show! and yes Kurt Browning is simply a great skater! I've always enjoyed watching him when he was competing.

My fav, dreamy Patrice/Shae scored the highest score yet!

IA with the comments about Val/Katia. I think Val has that cold stiff competition look all the time, zero personality and he's just not doing it for me as being in the top scoring position. However, his tweets are sweet, sounds like a great Dad, and his wife joins live chat during the show, she is so supportive.

This is my favourite show of all time, love all the guys, (especially when a former Hab's player is in the mix) being a hockey fan as well, and watching these guys work so hard for their charities, with figure skates on! is truly amazing!

If I could just convince myself to make the drive to T.O I'd be there!

+ Reply to Thread